1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your Kombi today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BrianK, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Weekender

Weekender Well-Known Member

Took Macca to the auto electrician this week, having an issue with the house battery. Turned out to be a bad earth connection. Brendan, owner of Alderley Auto Electrician checked things over and gave me a new wire with fittings - for free. Always helpful there!

2. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Playing with Schmett last 2 days!
    Wipers lost drive. Motor was running but wiper arms just drooped. Not easy to remove the wiper motor! Specially if you have a dash tray installed. Got it out and found the nut securing the drive arm had become loose. But where do you position it?? A quick reference to the Bentley manual answered the question and the installation commenced. All was going well until I leaned on the glove-box insert and cracked it. Message to self - "Put things out of the way until you need them".
    Repair to glove-box using Aquhere and cardboard patches. Clean up and a squirt of flat black and all is good.
    AND
    Pulled of the Westy spare wheel mount so I could weld up the front panel where it had split. Made a support plate so go in behind the mount so it wont fracture again, (I hope). Not pretty but its all hidden back behind the spare.
    Message to all. "If you have a Westy spare wheel mount check to see if its cracking the front panel".

3. nikmag2

nikmag2 Member

fixed my window washer!

4. Blunderbus

Blunderbus Active Member

Trial fitted one of the Audi alloy rims i bought to see how much needs to be machined out of the center, about 5-6mm should do it :)

5. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Oil Change, New Plugs & Full clean inside and out. Like a new slightly carton damaged bus again.

6. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

The speedos went in both Molly and Blue Bus this last week. Typically Blue Bus was on his way to be Pink Slipped Luckily our mechanic knows that it will be fixed ASAP so he passed it. Just trying to track down a new cable now.

Andy was able to fix Molly's today 

7. Marlyn

Marlyn Well-Known Member

Tinted the windows ready for summer cruising and camping !

8. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

sat in it .
    At noosaville by the river and had fresh snapper and scallops. sun just about gone so time to head home.
    Thats what kombis are for :)

9. andrewjdriscoll

andrewjdriscoll Active Member

cbus,

That is too cool! Sometimes you don't have to do anything, just enjoy.(Battered or grilled?)

AJD

10. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Loaded ol'Bess up with hard rubbish (kerbside collection isn't until Feb'14) and set off to the tip. It was great to blow the cobwebs out.

11. Weekender

Weekender Well-Known Member

Noosaville

Well Col - just spent last week by the river at Noosaville - in a unit - very nice - but no Kombi. (Except for a day back in Bris)

But it did remind me - Macca was fitted in 1978 by Noosa Conversions who were at Noosaville. By a set of circumstances I actually drove the brand new empty kombi from Brisbane to the conversion workshop in 1978. Getting out of my then 69 1600 fully fitted camper, into a brand new, empty 2 litre - oh the extraordinary power, handling and braking of that new kombi!

Attached Files:

12. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

creature of habit-
    lightly crumbed
    and NOT imported :)

weekender-
    pity I didnt know you were there . been down a couple times over the last week.
    Always a good spot looking over the river at northshore and listening to the lorrikeets fighting at sundown.

saw a teal and white bay at Moffat beach last night .it was there for a while so obviously someone out for tea.
    Seen it before but not sure who's it is ?
    Busy at all the restaurants and heaps of people enjoying takeaway on the beach

13. lawso21

lawso21 Member

Full passengers side door rubber replacement scrapers felts everything and it is true what people say it is a mongrel of a job I managed to invent some new foul language
    having said all that it is a job they can be done and when I do the next one I will be better prepared
    cheers
    adam

14. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Drove to Brisbane airport @ 6.15am to pickup prospective buyer. Locate him in the pickup area and 1st things he says is "This is in better condition than what the pics showed". So we cruise home and we've gone less than a klm and comments how nice a ride it is and well it goes - out onto the M1 and he's still smiling. NOTE: deal is not done even though we have agreed on $$$.

Get back home and he says Let's Do It - I have to show him things 1st, offer a coffee, he hands over payment, I sign over receipt along with rego papers and copy of disposal form. He asks about a long trip and injector cleaner - ah wouldn't hurt even though it's only been 6 months since last lot so out to storage area and bring some in for him otherwise it's just going to sit there (Happy Xmas) as 200ml so 2 treatments. Oh by the way here's the keys :p

He needs to get on the road so @ 7.45am I wave good bye to Steve and the Ute - headed for Freshwater NSW. Get a text @ 11.00 am saying the Ute drives like a new car, thanks. Feel good it is going to a motoring enthusiast.

15. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Is Steve on the forum?

16. KahunaKombi

Phill,

I do not know if he is a member but he has visited here as he mentioned he had seen some of my posts - I did mention to him that this place was as good as any to get T3 info from.

Didn't hear anything further from him yesterday after 11am so hope he got home ok & expect it would have been 10/11 pm.

Bert

17. Backbeat

Backbeat Member

Well not today but last night.

Just finished fitting the new pop top canvas supplied by Volkstrim. Big thanks to Dave (Necro) for producing such a great quality product at a reasonable price. Love the colour we picked too. Sorry for the ordinary photo's, the sun was going down and my phone camera is less than ideal!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. KahunaKombi

New canvas looks great - like the colour also - Dave sure does quality work :p

19. Blunderbus

Blunderbus Active Member

Does look good, colour goes nicely with the bus.

20. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

That's fairly close to what the original colour would have been in 1975.