1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your Kombi today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BrianK, Feb 6, 2013.

1. robmich

robmich Active Member

just ordered side jail bars,got the weekend off,so hope they arrive by friday:cool:

2. Farky66

Farky66 Member

Just fitted my oil temperature gauge and sender, just need longer bolts then all done. photo (4).jpg photo (6).jpg

3. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Sold it :wtf:

4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Congrats Bernie - your Vehicle For Sale thread has been moved to Archives in case you try to find it :wtf:

5. fancy-bug

fancy-bug Member

Fitted my roo bars, and started the clean ready for aus customs!!

6. stusbus

stusbus Well-Known Member

Replaced r/h track rod & steering dampner , removed the starter motor & now waiting for new one to arrive , hopefully tomorrow :rolleyes:

7. stusbus

stusbus Well-Known Member

Replaced the starter motor & the ignition switch ! starts beautifully now !!!:cool: & then put the newly refurb'd bull bar back on inc. spare !! Not sure if I like it yet thou ??? :umm::umm:

8. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Not really today but due to forum updates and downdates didn't post, So over the past week I have replaced my miss matched Hod rod Dice and 8 ball door lock pulls with mk3 golf ones also put new grommets in at the same time. Swapped my aftermarket sliding windows for the genuine ones very nice. Purchased a few new goodies for the bus too that I am yet to fit: Deluxe Strips, New Heater Cables and Bellows and a new sliding door roller. now to have some free time to sort the spare rear bumper get it off to powder coater and then "Deluxe that bus"

9. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

That's starting to sound all a bit fancy Nath!

10. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Sure is... One or two other plans in the works too, new Rotors up front as the old ones are sending a Morse code message up the peddle, and the possibility of a height adjustments on the cards too.

Then I'll eventually get stuck into the body....eventually.

11. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

This weekend was spent installing new Bendix Pads and Some RDA246D rotors I scored cheap from my old job, these are slotted and dimpled (a little too performance spec for a bus and no doubt there is a few questioning as to why, but I got a crazy deal and I like em') got to say they work well no squealing, no brake fade etc very little dust so far.
    Then the Bus got a good wash inside and out and I replaced the 80's left over corolla speakers from the tailgate with some new Pioneer units, More is more when it comes to my audio!!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  12. davidr

davidr Member

Put my flipped spindles in today..
    Str8 axle conversion on the week end..
    front spindles.jpg spidnles 1.jpg

13. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

G'day all. Started fitting electric window motors to ECLECTIC using 3 series BMW
    ernie

14. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

Was getting a bad clunking noise and thought it could be only one thing, so engine out, gearbox half out and there it was

Attached Files:

15. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

G'day splitbus looks like combination of age & oil. I used to drill 2 holes & fit countersunk cuphead bolts with nyloc nuts tightened just enough to allow some movement this solved the problem if it parted while out & about still better than solid mounting
    ernie

16. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

A Brazil part Ernie, not old at all, only been on the road about 2 years

17. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

I'm getting ready for Old Bar. The DOKA now converts into a handy camper. This rig is up and running quicker than ant tent I have owned. How versatile are these T3's :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

19. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

^^^^ Thats a cool set up ^^^^

Nice work

20. scooterlabs

scooterlabs Member

Yesterday: discovered that my accelerator pedal linkage only opened the valve 3/4 so I took it out and welded in an extension.
    Goes like a rocket. God knows how many years this car has been driving around NEVER being at full throttle.
    Unfortunately when I checked under the car for tools before driving off the ramps, I missed a car stand in the middle. I crashed down on it and it spat out the back. This morning there was a puddle.

TODAY:
    Got under to see if I had cracked the case. looks like the oil cover plate copped it. I nopped it up but it still dripped so I am assuming it has bent out of shape.
    I drained the oil and blacksmithed the cover plate. Back on with new gaskets and goo on one face and a new batch of oil.

UPDATE: I forgot to hit 'submit' so it i all about yesterday... Good news just went outside and am back to the usual one drip. Lesson learned