What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by melissa, Jun 19, 2016.

1. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Hey Bert, you need one of those small LiOn jump starter packs.....that way you can jump Paddy n go for a looooong cruise to recharge the battery.....saves all the hassle of removing & recharging & replacing....
    I use mine frequently for my son’s bike.....
    Cheers,
    Mark

BrianK likes this.
  2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Yo Mark, may have to look into that ..... I could have rolled him out of the garage and clutch started him but think it would have taken a cruise to Sunshine Coast and back to fully charge it ..... no major hassle as usually do with battery still hooked up but seeing it was @ mates place thought it best to bring it home & monitor the 8 step charge as I would if car was in our garage.

oldman likes this.
  3. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Looking after 2 cars for friends away overseas, at a storage facility. After early similar battery issues, have hooked up a Solar panel to each.

Panel on the roof, and it only measures 340mm x 230mm. No more flat batteries! ;)

BrianK and oldman like this.
  4. KahunaKombi

Battery back in ...... fired up after a few cranks and few more and a few more - what do you expect after 4 weeks without being fired into life = takes a bit to get the go fast juice circulating through the system :eek:;):D then a charismatic kruize along the bay .... ah Nervana :)

BrianK and David H like this.
  5. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Picked this up for the Toybus today. $45 gotta be appy with that. 942AE8BA-8998-4B02-8FBF-F9254811DE40.png

chris taylor, KahunaKombi and Grantus like this.
  6. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I can see over $45 worth of hardware alone ;)

So you’ve gotta be happy with that! ;)

BrianK likes this.
  7. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Getting soft Bwian.
    Too much luxury. ;)

chris taylor and BrianK like this.
  8. KahunaKombi

And now the fun of fitting it :D

BrianK likes this.
  9. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

True dat Col

10. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Perfect score mate

11. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

All in Bert, just need to fit a couple of shelves to utilise the space. B0075421-1D35-494A-85BF-C71E6048A4BF.jpeg

chris taylor and KahunaKombi like this.
  12. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Finally got the hang of putting in pics now. Thanks Grant mate.

Grantus likes this.
  13. KahunaKombi

You didn't waste time :p ...... time now to sit back with refreshment of choice ;) in hand and admire your handy work :cool:

BrianK likes this.
  14. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Rewired a 1938 Morgan 4/4. It makes it hard working out the indicator switch when someone has replaced it for a 1946 switch and information is a bit rare as there were only ever 58 made.

15. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Getting the Toybus loaded so can head of to Lake Charlegrark Flyday.

16. KahunaKombi

4 weeks have passed since clock taken in for repair so followed up re status seeing was told it'd be 2 weeks ...... got response we've been really busy - well you did say 2 weeks and it's now 4 ...... it's not finished but should be by end of this week or next week = BSBB tact but in reality it would seem it hasn't been touched - was told they would test it for 4 days to make sure it was fixed so based on that it's next week or week after :(

17. KahunaKombi

Got a call, it's ready so went and picked it up :) full service, new resistors, clean points, adjust other bits, lubricate and test ...... this arvo is put it back in :cool:

cbus likes this.
  18. KahunaKombi

Clock is now back in and working :) no more looking at a hole in the dash. Will just keep monitoring it when I get time to visit Paddy :rolleyes:
    With the work done the price I expected was pretty close to the mark seeing this is the 1st instrument/gauge in a VW I have had to get fixed since the 1972 Beetle's fuel gauge and think back in 1990 that was $50.00 but had to be done ;).

David H likes this.
  19. KahunaKombi

Went and took Paddy out for a cruize and to check the recently repaired clock was still working ;) ...... clock ticking nicely and holding time after 12 days :) ...... engine fired into life :D so off we went :cool:.
    Man he needs a wash and vacuum .... a chore for another day along with 2 other cars that have to be de-dogged :eek:

20. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Added another one to the family thanks to Barry (or Barry's son Ben) on here. This will be the 3rd green Mk3 Golf we have owned but this means on our driveway/garage now we have 62 Little Red, the 75 Bay, Spotty the 74 Bay, 2001 Beetle, 1999 Polo, 2015 Beetle, 2005 R5 Touareg, this 97 Golf and the Royal Enfield - no wonder the Shannons guy on the phone replied when I said I wanted to add another car to the policy "Let me guess, it's a Volkswagen?"
    Laine golf 2.jpg