1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your Non-Kombi VW or other car today?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by melissa, Jun 19, 2016.

1. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Took the GTI 40 out and brought up on the infotainment the Performance Monitor just to see what kw he'd punch out on a rolling start up to 80kph - 164kw in 2nd :D with plenty still left ..... just wanted to stick to the speed limit ;)

cbus likes this.
  2. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Really .....?why.

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Because the coppers are really bored at Mo and desperate to hand out tickets. ;)

KahunaKombi, chris taylor and oldman like this.
  4. chris taylor

Any excuse u reckon Col.!!!!

5. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Always.
    With or without just cause.
    Gotta serve the master's and it ain't us.
    ;)

chris taylor likes this.
  6. KahunaKombi

Wife was in the passenger seat ..... I was explaining things to her :eek:

7. chris taylor

Oh so right.

8. KahunaKombi

Seeing it was 7 weeks ago the Honda CR-V was sold :) thought it time to (1st chance) to go to DoT and submit Application for Concessional Registration on the GTI40 ..... so a 5klm cruise in him over to get it sorted ;) ..... walked out with a $134.15 refund - they backdated it to date of disposal :D

TeeBee and chris taylor like this.
  9. chris taylor

Bonus.

KahunaKombi likes this.
  10. KahunaKombi

Yeah Chris, I thought from date of new application was acceptable as I was slack in sorting it out and just admitted it so to get the extra back made it even more worthwhile :p.

Today is a trip to the pool shop to get the pool water tested ..... you never know what the results will be :rolleyes: or what the bill is going to be either:eek:.

11. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

Bert pool shops dont get me started on them i took a sample to a shop told me to dump the lot start again wanted me to buy a whole new system costing thousands walked out went to another shop with the same water good news 4 bags of salt 1 litre of acid you know what shop i ended up going to once a year

12. KahunaKombi

Yeah Tom, pool shops :confused: ..... I know the brothers that run this one as dealt with them when their parents (Scottish) owned one under a different name ..... they know to tell me the facts and even though I loath pools can generally tell what it needs - this visit 2 months after the last needed 3 bags of salt, 4kg Calcium Hardness, 1 kg UV Blockout $90.00 + the Starver, Acid and Chlorine which I had @ home. Not surprising seeing we had a heap of rain in February and dumped a lot of water so by by chemicals. Then I trimmed a hedge that drops leaf litter (for a wash) and fills a large council bin - plus another bin full that doesn't fall into the pool :eek:

13. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

My Beetle got its first tow since I have owned her - she has cut out on me a couple of times while driving so I had the fuel pump replaced - then it cut out again on me so my mechanic replaced the fuel pump relay - worked for another couple of weeks then cut out again after a couple of surges and has struggled to start and then wouldn't kick over again for the last couple of days so I pushed her out onto the street and called the NRMA. They came out - took the fuel hose off in the engine - poured some fuel down it and it tried to kick over so its a fuel issue - got the tow truck and have dropped her at the mechanics so he can sort out if its the wiring to the fuel pump or if I got a dodgy pump (anything is possible).
    It has made me scared to drive her for fear of cutting out in traffic - its very scary when you lose power steering, brakes and its an auto so you can't just drop the clutch.
    I did warn the mechanic the other day to expect her - and then after this visit, the Mk3 Golf will be getting a new clutch.

beetle 7.jpg beetle 6.jpg beetle 5.jpg beetle 4.jpg beetle 3.jpg beetle 2.jpg beetle 1.jpg

14. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Ignominious departure Melissa:(. Let the team down:p!
    Cheers

15. melissa

The more cars you have, the more issues you can expect I suppose. Just getting value from my multiple NRMA memberships ;)

16. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

That NRMA membership definitely gets a workout with everyone that owns VWs of any age....

Shame to hear its kind of a repeat issue - that is very frustrating.

Ninga, Jethro, David H and 1 other person like this.
  17. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Used once for my fault 'out of fuel'. Otherwise never used NRMA.
    Old boy just reliable:).
    Cheers

18. melissa

That's Ok - I have used your share.

TeeBee and Grantus like this.
  19. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Hope the issue gets sorted Melissa. Must be frustrating and scary... no brakes and an auto...?!:eek: Such a cute little car too. ;)

20. melissa

Very scary - it's because as soon as the car cuts off the power to everything just goes so there goes the steering and the brakes - I have grabbed the handbrake. Yes, lucky she is cute ;)

Grantus and Ninga like this.