1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What else do you collect?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Quombi, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

What happened in that Sue & Carole convo at Old Bar, that’s resulted in new pressure here, to sort my many T-shirts??? o_O

oldman likes this.
  2. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Just be thankful for the 'heads up'. Don't compromise Mark & Sue:confused:. These are YOUR polishing cloths you're choosing to discard;)?
    Yeah I don't know what Sue & Carole spoke about but I guess you guys have understood the results of the discussion:p;).
    Kombi polishing cloths:):D:cool:.
    Cheers

3. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Nothing wrong with that :eek: ...... I do ALL the ironing in this household and they're easy compared to some of the female clothing I get to enjoy ironing :confused:

4. KahunaKombi

Wasn't intentional but ended up with a collection of 70+ peak caps & some bucket ones as I used to hate wearing hats of any type o_O ...... have given some away and using them now with 59 @ last count either never worn or in use.
    Most of these were obtained during the 12 years working in IT :cool:

Will have to check on the T-shirt & polo shirt collection :rolleyes: ...... the Mrs gets really pi$$ed with them as nearly all have a logo or print of some sort on them :eek:

5. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

This is a couple of items from an inherited collection. Lynne's Grandfather, like so many returning to Australia, brought back trench souvenirs from The Big One '14 to '18. They got handed down and ended up here. And, no, I'm not wearing them to the next All German Day. Besides they are too small!

2001-03-18-003.jpg 2001-03-25-008.jpg

Jethro, bagman, Grantus and 5 others like this.
  6. KahunaKombi

Ok so the head count is 44 T-Shirts - 1 left off as I'll post more on it later :rolleyes: ..... Polo Shirts with Logos etc is @ 49 + 10 Rivers and 4 Bonds "Penguin" which mainly for chores.

7. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Sewing machines, I have recently moved and had to downsize to 12. I have since bought another one, just couldn't leave it in the local Op Shop.
    I have 8 set up that I use regularly.

I also collect Aroids, Philodendrons my favourite. I just cannot get enough of them and love to find that rare one. So cheap up here. I have 3 of the 'Holly Grail' Variegated Monsteras. One just sold on eBay for $1,200, I paid $30 each.

David H, wombatventures and Ninga like this.
  8. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

9. OSF

OSF Well-Known Member

Speaking of plants . I grow and collect Carnivorous Plants. Mainly Nepenthes (pitcher plants), though I do also grow and collect Venus Flytraps, Sarracenias (trumpet pitchers) and Drosera (sundews).

Here's a few of my Nepenthes.

12-513F920B-1372467-800 (478x800).jpg 12-9D88B204-2082547-800 (478x800).jpg 12-31F92AC9-1332254-800 (478x800).jpg 1 (498x1024).jpg 20181013_095738 (498x1024).jpg 20181013_095825 (498x1024).jpg 20181013_100111 (498x1024).jpg IMAG4676 (612x1024).jpg 20181013_100206 (498x1024).jpg 20181013_150443 (498x1024).jpg

Cheers

Jethro, David H, melissa and 2 others like this.
  10. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Interesting hobby I like Venus fly traps my self but never had much luck keeping them alive:(. You also have a Monivorous plant :pone that eats money

11. OSF

OSF Well-Known Member

Yes. That DC variety. Takes a lot, as you are well aware.

Also used to brew a few beers (though haven't done so for a while as my keg fridge died and I haven't had money to spend on a new one). I'm sure there are a few home brewers on here, so that's probably another thread.

Anyway the reason I raise this is ... the whole collecting and other hobbies thing is a bit interesting to me (I love old stuff, garage sales, op shops and upcycling things) and its really interesting to:
    1) see that there are a lot of people on here who are of this ilk (whatever you collect); and
    2) see the parallels that exist between VW people, plant people, home brewers, and no doubt other hobbyists/collectors.

Let's keep this thread going people, what else do you guys collect.

12. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Hopefully KC member friends:). (OCD not compulsory;))
    Kombi drivers seem to be a bit environmentally friendly. Go figure???
    Cheers

13. bagman

bagman Well-Known Member

Tractors have started to show up - green ones - oh Deere
    22468225-BD4D-46E4-893E-D5F35CF99130.jpeg

14. Nozza

Nozza Active Member

I like your work!

15. 85 Caravelle

85 Caravelle Member

I have a collection of around 500 slotcars.will get around to uploading some pics if I can work it out

deeksy62 likes this.
  16. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

Hotwheels. That way I can have garage like Jay Leno all on one wall.
    Started as VWs, then Porsche's, then muscle cars, then hotrods now there's tooned, Japanese classics and sets. I'm not an addict, addicts go to meetings...;)

17. KahunaKombi

Only had 1 slot car chassis which originally had a Alfa Romeo (looked E Type like) body but changed the body over to a Neptune Racing Cooper S which had been bought @ the Neptune Service Station @ Tuggerah NSW ..... used it @ the Slot Car track in Parramatta when the pocket money allowed :eek:

[​IMG]

85 Caravelle, bagman and wirrah like this.
  18. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

I also have Tshirts that are too sentimental to discard. I like this idea though...:cool:
    683D317A-1B4D-4B7D-BFF6-BB7C064CA652.jpeg

19. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Use to build radio controlled model boats including the single channel radio gear, this is the motor I kept out of my 36" Marlin cabin launch its a Taipan 2.5 cc double ended water cooled diesel
    sadly the boats and radio gear have long passed. :(
    PA150051 R.jpg