1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What made you happy today....?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by oldman, Apr 30, 2020.

1. AC-T3

AC-T3 Well-Known Member

Mick Motors delivered. Lost my T3 locking fuel cap on the way home from 2 weeks out west (please don't ask how). Mick Motors Original VW Classic Parts had an OEM, delivered super fast, AND shed loads cheaper than other suppliers with "no-name out of stock parts". Even the yellowed pvc (plastic) packaging was OEM. Happy as.

2. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Won’t ask how you lost it, but will ask if the new replacement can be keyed to your ignition key, like I assume the original was, or is there now one key for the vehicle, and one for the fuel cap?

3. AC-T3

AC-T3 Well-Known Member

No, the fuel cap uses a separate smaller key. My camper water tank filler has the same locking key that was keyed to the fuel cap, so may get it re-keyed. Maybe not too.

4. Grantus

I guess that’s why I haven’t lost my cap (yet). Key comes out of the ignition, to open the cap to refuel......... can’t drive off till I find the key (in the filler cap), to put back in the ignition switch. :rolleyes:

(Not going to ask how you managed to lose the cap.........really curious, but polite enough not to ask, as you have requested so. ;))

Syncro27 likes this.
  5. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

Can someone over there send the rain over here... the ewes are nearly dry and the lambs are struggling. Dry stubble and hay don't make much milk! :(
    We've had just over a hundred mm all up this year and not even seen green growth. Feast or famine in the rain game! :oops:

6. David H

David H Well-Known Member

We've got spares laid on Terry. East coast sending some wet stuff your way soon!
    Cheers

wombatventures likes this.
  7. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

If only we could ..... things up here need a dry out - the dog still want to go out for his walks and when we get back he just stands there until you towel him dry (or as dry as possible).

8. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

I've had Mick say to me with some parts I've bought over the years - "I feel guilty selling this @ that price, I mean, just look @ it" ..... fortunate he's just down the road from me and agree his prices are better than some of the other places.

9. AC-T3

AC-T3 Well-Known Member

OK Grant, I confess. T'was human induced carelessness during the last fuel stop at Maitland on the way home from 2 dry weeks out west. As I turned left at the roundabout to rejoin the Hunter Valley Expressway the cap went clunk, tinkle tinkle and turned right. Just like your cap, the fuel cap key comes out with the ignition key, unlocks the cap and cannot be removed until locked again before driving off. Seems like I locked the cap but only secured 1 of the 2 locking tabs, removed the key and drove off. Guess I was just too eager to get home and beat the Good Friday M1 mayhem.

10. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

Thanks for the 0.1mm today.;)
    More than we've had in a month. Sounds like south of us got a bit though.
    Comes of living outside of Goyders Line.:D

11. Grantus

Collecting the mail, and finding a delivery of the most exquisite produce that money can buy, made me very happy today!

FC218E85-C9D3-4FF0-B5A1-6FBAC6ED3297.jpeg

Bag of garlic, jar of black garlic, and a litre of handcrafted olive oil...

0730FFA9-D0DB-443B-9D1F-4672500630A4.jpeg

If you too, would like to purchase some of the chemical free products from @Ninga and family, check out their website:

http://www.gilmorevalleygrove.com/our-story.php

Thanks heaps Chrissy! :)

Ninga, melissa, Wattie and 6 others like this.
  12. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Your kind words (and plug for the business) made me happy today Grant... thank you so much! So glad the goodies arrived safely. :)

My clever 14 year old nephew did the artwork for our ‘Rusty Bus’ EVOO and I’ve been itching to show our KC fam but didn’t want it to seem like I was trying to promote our business on the forum. :D

Busy days here on the farm, planting our garlic and only days away from harvesting this years olives for some more EVOO! Luckily the kids have been on holidays for some cheap labour. :D

13. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

First day of cleaning out my (used to be work) office........damn I’ve accumulated some stuff !
    This is going to take a bit longer than I thought ......:rolleyes:
    Cheers,
    Mark

David H, Ninga and Grantus like this.
  14. Jurgen Grossmutter

Jurgen Grossmutter Well-Known Member

Goyder knew what he was doing. A truly amazing man. He did it without phones, Landcruiser, satellites or computers and was incredibly accurate.

15. Grantus

upload_2021-4-14_21-22-33.jpeg

:rolleyes:

Ninga and oldman like this.
  16. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Ha ha ha.....that size bin would only just cope with the number of pens,pencils,drawing instruments,chalk,whiteboard markers etc. that I’ve accumulated over 21 years in the job.......:rolleyes:
    Cheers,
    Mark

17. Jurgen Grossmutter

Teaching has put me in the bin. The stuff I've made with kids are still at school.

I'm now applying for DSP because no-one will give an accused child basher a job. I've been warned by the police I'll be charged with counter terrorism if l contact any NSW EDUCATION Department office or school; ever.

I have made no threats and don't own any thing like a weapon. All because l remonstrated with them over why they're such illegitimates?

I never bashed any kid, I was cleared under their dystopian procedures. Yet when l apply for work all these idiots, mostly XX types, get all 'me2' about it and retry me and find me guilty all over again of something I never did in the first place

And so far all legal avenues have failed me.

I'm telling all XY types to don't consider teaching period.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021 at 7:07 AM
  18. David H

David H Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure this didn't make you happy today so why the post @Jurgen Grossmutter?
    :(

KahunaKombi likes this.
  19. Jurgen Grossmutter

Mark above chucking out his rubbish

I though this made me happy:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021 at 9:11 AM