1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What made you happy today....?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by oldman, Apr 30, 2020.

1. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated?" - Samuel Langhome Clemens

Two Cockers to the Vet today for their annual checkup and vaccinations. One 12 yo the other 8. In perfect health.

oldman, TeeBee, David H and 1 other person like this.
  2. David H

David H Well-Known Member

& Mark Twain
    & Spike Milligan;).

Cheers

3. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Having ordered the new Bosch Series 4 Double Oven thought I'd check up with Harvey if it was in stock and if not a possible eta - didn't want to trouble the contact there so just asked to speak to anyone but he picked up the phone ..... let me check - received 1 hr 43 mins go :D (A Happy Moment) do you want me to schedule a delivery? not @ the moment as the old oven has still be pulled out and cabinet work done.

Wife comments about doing the removal and electrician - we have one next door and one across the road but she hasn't asked them even though has spoken to them :oops: ..... see the one across the road drive in so walk across and asks if he could help removal and install (he's got no work @ the moment) and he asks when = when ever suits you Leon - how about in 5 minutes :) & 10 minutes later we have it out ..... Another Happy Moment.

Show him the spec sheet and Houston we have a problem as new one is 32amp rated so have to replace cable and circuit breaker as it's 20amp :( ..... no issue with him and locked in for Tuesday ..... works for me ;)

Then later I'm told to sort delivery on the new oven out to be ASAP ...... situation normal ..... left to me :p

Grantus, grumble and chris taylor like this.
  4. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Its always good to have great neighbours who are willing to help.

KahunaKombi likes this.
  5. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

Now that you mention it I have a recollection of Spike using that phrase.

Mark Twain did tend to plagiarise a lot of Samuel Clemens work! Although, to be fair, the only thing that ever stood between them was a mirror. :)

Honestly Dad, I didn't chew the ottoman! Still makes me smile!
    2018-04-27-020.jpg

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  6. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

Spike's headstone reads...
    Dúirt mé leat go raibh mé breoite,
    Irish for "I told you I was ill".
    Typical Milligan!:)

7. KahunaKombi

Yeah Chris .... Leon is single and lives with his parents - never asked ages but lets just they're nudging 80 and Leon's a quiet bloke to keeps to himself and rarely talked in the 3 years we've been here ..... prefer to pay him ;)

So today's Happy is Leon pulled over on his way out to let me know he'd been to Ideal and got the 4mm cable and circuit breaker and now be able to do the cable replacement mid morning Monday otherwise it's 7am Tuesday ..... woo hoo :D

Grantus, David H and chris taylor like this.
  8. chris taylor

That is a great neighbour.and yes I think it's great to hear stories like this. At least offer to pay for his services.nothing worse than being taken for granted.

9. chris taylor

I'm happy because I made the first gear stick knob using the lathe. Bit of mucking around but got there eventually. 20200509_160956.jpg
    What shapes to make ????, well the mind boggles.have some fun experimenting though. Unfortunetly can only do them for manuals shifts .

Wattie, TeeBee, KahunaKombi and 2 others like this.
  10. wombatventures

Been for a drive to Port Pirie for shopping!
    :eek::)
    That will do for a few weeks but was good for a change.

TeeBee likes this.
  11. chris taylor

Hi Terry good to see yr standing up for your principles. "Re" yr local shop ripping people off.
    BUT is it costing you lot more $ to go to Pirie to shop.and is it worth the effort..no good cutting off yr nose to spite yr face if u no what i mean.

12. wombatventures

Combination of a day out Chris, many products we can't get, needed parts for my ute, things Bec needed for work and herself as well. Country town life is great but limited product availability can be a PITA. For us an hour and a bit drive is like going to a shopping centre in the city. Less about snubbing the local shop that we spend thousands at every year and more about getting the things we need/want. Makes for happy campers.:)

Grantus likes this.
  13. chris taylor

Well said mate.
    Take care catch up when ever.

14. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Hopefuly better fuel price down the road as well?
    :)

15. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Love that blue VW insignia:cool:. Nice shape gear lever;). Good for us short people:p as it reaches up a bit more;).
    Cheers

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  16. wombatventures

Was cheaper in Jamestown than Pirie Col. Still under the dollar there. We're just over the dollar. It will start going back up now. Still beats $1.50 though.;)

cbus likes this.
  17. KahunaKombi

18. KahunaKombi

With the plethora of rubbish on free to air TV at night bit the bullet and moved the Panasonic HDD/DVD player from family room TV and connected it up to the one in the bedroom :rolleyes: all cables except antennae plugged in and refused to work so as this is the only 2 (Antennae In & Out) cables not connected pull the In from the TV & grab a small lead to be the recorder out and TV in and plugs him up o_O ..... woohoo it all works :D ..... now we can watch all the recorded shows and then get rid of them ;).

Next job is to get the work bench out from the garage after moving Reschs so I can set up the table saw and trim and cut timber for the new oven cavity base :p ..... next is to fond cabinetmaker to do work for sides and lower edge space fillers :confused:

19. chris taylor

G/day Bert.
    Dealt the same way regards free to air. Got Netflix which includes you tube for $10 mths. Very rarely watch anything on f 2 air now .Best thing about Netflix is absolutely no adds.

20. KahunaKombi

Woohoo :D neighbour came over @ 8am and asked if he could do the cable and CB upgrade as the course he was booked to do today was changed to Wednesday ..... come over when you're ready :).
    Walked inside and the phone rings, Harvey Norman Delivery people we'll deliver between 8 & 10 am ..... 9am they're here with new oven and take old one :cool:.
    Leon finishes the breaker board work and cable pulled through and connected so onto the oven and 10 minutes later it's in place and looks good ;) ..... now a better idea of what it'll look like with some cabinet work which may work out easier than thought :eek: .... surely it can't be that easy :rolleyes:. Lets hope I still have 8 fingers and 2 thumbs when it's done.