1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What make's a delux Bay ?

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Aging Surfie, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Aging Surfie

Aging Surfie New Member

Hi all

I have brought another Kombi, a 1977 Bay 2.0L, Carb, Auto (broken), 8 seater. (Olive) I have been though all the ID numbers including the ones under the dash but there is nothing to tell me it's a delux which I think it is. What makes me think this?

She has

Chrome Bumpers, Chrome Grill, Chrome quarter lights all around (rusty), Chrome trim strips in the upholstery, Chrome wheel trims, and a Clock. The rear seat has an adjustment to make more space in the luggage area.

So what do you reckon is it a delux? Also I'm sure its German Assembled ?

Any comments please. I'll try to get a photo up.

Deano

2. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Hi,
    Have look behind the passengers seat for plate with some numbers printed on it. If there isn't one there, on the passengers side, look up under the dash & on the top of that air vent pipe, that goes into the doors vents, you may have one there (a plate that is). If it is a German assembled bus, you will have one. This is called the M-code plate. Give me the numbers exactly as they are stamped in & I can tell you everything about this bus. Even the day it was made & what accessories it had.

Regards,
    Rob J

3. Aging Surfie

Aging Surfie New Member

M code Plate

Hi Rob

Australian Plate
    3/77 224A

M plate

72 069 843
    612 697 912
    P4 R1 77 A49 187 508 608
    50 2 7313 AF 224 133

I got
    1977 Micro, Pastel White & Sage Green, Auto, RHD headlights, vents, exhaust control, export code, 8 seater micro bus.

Working on the photos. Seems a bit of a rare one to me.

Thanks Heaps
    Deano

4. Aging Surfie

Aging Surfie New Member

Pics I hope

[​IMG]

[​IMG]