What p*sses me off thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ruby6689, Apr 28, 2008.

1. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

No wonder people don't understand the legislation.

2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Plain English to me BUT amazing how many have to go straight for the right lane ....... am passed/overtaken by more P Plate drivers than those not displaying P Plates ie full licensed drivers as they seem to think that 10kph or more over the limit is the speed they can travel at.

3. KahunaKombi

Then you get those that stop dead in the merge lane when entering a freeway/highway etc ..... trying to work out if they can go.

4. rstucke

rstucke Active Member

I have found the red ones are fastero_O

5. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

NSW has a problem that people think that you can only do 80kmh while merging. Maybe if the RMS halfwits moved the 110 signs back further........

6. KahunaKombi

Oh yeah agree with that ...... some drivers "should have gone to SpecSavers" as they evidently can't read BIG RED NUMBERS :eek:

7. peter915

peter915 Active Member

Interesting how many motorists know the rules on merging on to a motor way.

8. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Maybe that’s me? :eek:

Or at least one of us, may need to go to “specsavers”....o_O

I can only see BIG BLACK NUMBERS, in a red circle, on speed limit signs....but I seem to get by. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Luckyphil likes this.
  9. Grantus

Just casually checking emails before shutting down for the night, to find 4 x EBay purchases I didn’t make today, and matching PayPal emails for scheduled payments......

10 x Titanium drill bits from China, which wouldn’t be worth $10, but charged at $149........ x 4 times! :eek:

So had to notify PayPal, that I didn’t authorize almost $600 of purchases to the SAME seller in China (now “no longer a registered EBay user”), and change my password. :(

Anyone else had a similar fraud experience in the past, and are PayPal efficient with scams like this? o_O

10. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Yes:(.
    Mostlyo_O.
    Cheers

11. KahunaKombi

Nope Grant never an experience like that ...... only time I've had a paypal refund is on a canelled purchase (came through within 24 hrs) as seller didn't communicate and I had to chase for shipment = cancelled the purchase ..... was for a Torque Wrench 1/2"drive in ft/lbs which I found a name brand for same price @ Supercheap Auto so bought from them.

12. Wattie

Wattie Active Member

Had one $299 eBay purchase go belly up, PayPal sorted it without hassles :) I always use PP for online purchases where available.

13. Grantus

Had an email from EBay, requesting me to change my EBay password, as they have detected fraudelent activity......

So went direct to EBay, (not click on a link in that email..;)), and have done so.

Hopefully all sorted with EBay & PayPal.

14. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Australia Post.

I am sure there are millions of horror stories about this poor excuse for a service provider - I know I have complained before about parcels being delivered to the wrong address - but this one takes the cake.

I bought 2 items for my mum and myself that we wanted for Christmas from eBay. They were from a seller in Victoria so I was getting them delivered to my mum at Maitland and I would get mine on Christmas Day. I purchased on 11/12 -tracking started in Victoria on 12/12, it then went to Chullora in NSW and on Friday 15/12 it was at Metford (near Maitland). For some reason it is then tracked to Chullora on Saturday 16/12 and then on Monday 18/12 it is Victoria again. It is then scanned 3 times within half an hour on Wednesday 20/12 at Chullora and that is that - no presents for Christmas.

Even if my mum was not home on the Friday (which she was) and they could not deliver it, what happened to leaving a card and it waiting at the post office for collection?

David H likes this.
  15. Wattie

Wattie Active Member

Her Brother rang from Canberra while "She" was watching "Dr Who"...........OMG !!!............... in a panic tone get called in from workshop (T3 fiddling) to show the little Aussie darling for the umpteenth time how to do a quick recording, mmmm the sky does fall for some.:eek:

16. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

How can you have a female time lord?o_O

17. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Just accept that you are going to be
    2 hrs late while they finish their makeup. ;)

Wattie and Ninga like this.
  18. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I meant grammatically! ;)

19. rstucke

rstucke Active Member

I've got a workshop in Berkeley Vale
    Every other parcel goes to Berkeley near Wollongong
    Then back to Chullora
    Then back to Berkeley
    Then back to Cullora Obviously they have ground hogs at the distribution centre
    Then I ring them and tell them to look at the f*%$#n post code on the parcel.
    When the conversation is over I get asked to complete a telephone survey
    Apart from asking auspost to teach their employees to read you can imagine the other comments that can't be repeated here.
    The only thing that saves the day is that my street doesn't exist in Berkeley or they would argue that my stuff was in fact delivered.
    On a different note the postie who eventually delivers my parcel is a top bloke

David H likes this.
  20. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Yes - I got the survey online too - I gave them a serve as well.