What p*sses me off thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ruby6689, Apr 28, 2008.

1. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Plenty reckon they got male anatomy and can do a better job :confused:

2. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Is that a sonic screwdriver in your pocket....................................

3. David H

David H Well-Known Member

It seems we've all got a bad Australia Post experience;). I bought a water inlet for old boy that got to Newcastle from Sydney via Queensland & 4 weeks wait. Now I'm a guy that likes to follow the 'money trail' to understand the 'Why'. I see other businesses opening in opposition to Aust Post & doing a great job of service/delivery..........Office Works, Pack'n'Send.... etc & better priced:rolleyes:. So one mob can do it cheaper & better & the other mob are just incompetent.
    Now why would that happen:confused:?
    Other mob incompetent or bound by structures that impose costs that are not bound by market pressure;)? Does 'job security' mean lesser performance & increased costs?
    It may also mean Aust Post just getting 'real' & focusing on how to make profit (apparently that's how executive pay is done now days:confused:) & be efficient. The 'market place' finds it's own level:eek: which may not meet your needs:D.
    Try Officeworks or Pack'n'Send.
    The requirement of the marketing guys is that you 'offer' the ability to fill in a survey. You do not have to respond to or expect your response will change anything:(. Works ok for Google ranking tho':(.
    Sorry to be seriouso_O
    Cheers

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  4. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Must have meant Time Lady.;)
    Cheers

5. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

What is it with females dropping things and not noticing? We went out for a walk last night and found a wallet on the footpath complete with credit cards and cash. Now this wallet was huge! Must have weighed about 500g. I found her licence in it and took it to her address. She didn't even know that it was missing!:eek:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    old grey likes this.
  6. KahunaKombi

Sounds like my sister in law :confused:

7. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

In my household it's the 'bloke' that looses everything and then always says 'you must have moved it or you had it last'....lol

Ninga likes this.
  8. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I have the same problem! What is it with women hiding things.:rolleyes:

I've got one of these.

9. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Ninga and oldman like this.
  10. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Just to keep you all updated.....

All 4 scam purchases, were investigated by both EBay & PayPal, after I notified them, and they are no longer wanting any funds from me & the case/s are closed.

Pretty painless, (apart from the password changes), as long as you notice and respond promptly to any emails from them, about “purchases” you don’t make. ;)

Ninga, oldman and cbus like this.
  11. KahunaKombi

Always good to stay as calm as possible with those issues - good to see the right outcome :)

12. ruby6689

Thanks for the warning, I am a huge user of eBay and PayPal so I will keep a close eye out. Did they actually get the payment from your PayPal account? AliExpress sellers can be dodgy too. I waited months for magnets that never came but thankfully when I challenged them I got a full refund. I must admit there have been a couple of small purchases that have not arrived and I have not bothered chasing up. Glad you were able to sort your problem Grant, but what a pain.

Ninga likes this.
  13. ruby6689

I ordered a custom made sterling silver pendant for my daughter's partner well before Christmas with a estimated delivery of 12-14 days...plenty of time......I thought. I still have not received it, but it has now been made and posted so they say. GREAT.

I picked out a beautiful photo of my daughter and her partner that was to be etched on it, something I knew Jess would love.

Two days ago I get told Lisa has broken up with Jess.........I'm not too sure Jess will want it now.

Ninga likes this.
  14. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Oh Lorraine, a thoughtful gift too. Perhaps you could keep it and they’ll get back together....or hope the next partner looks very similar to Jess....o_O:D

15. old grey

old grey Well-Known Member

The number of people sitting front row at red lights who seem to be surprised that the light changes to green. Apart from stopping at the red, your next responsibility is to be ready to go when it changes to green.
    I was sitting 4 cars from the front of a busy and major set of lights in Newcastle last week and watched 7 cars in the lane beside me get through. Only 2 from our lane.
    Sitting in the kombi i get a great view of how people just switch off at lights or go straight for the phone.
    Dad told me that driving is a bit like being a cop, if your in the drivers seat your on duty and should be always ready for anything. He was an Ambo and a Fire Fighter so i took his advice.
    It might get a few more cars through the lights but paying proper attention all the time as a driver could also save your life.

oldman likes this.
  16. Grantus

No. The 4 emails I got from PayPal on Xmas day, (good time to scam any accounts when people are on holidays), were to say the payments had been made to the seller by PayPal, and were scheduled to come out of my bank account mid January - their “pay after delivery” system.

So effectively I owed the $596.00, but that has now been credited back to zero on my PayPal account.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  17. KahunaKombi

Well today ventured to North Lakes about 15 minutes up the road ..... all good and on the way back down the Bruce Highway here is a stupid bitch doing 70kph in a 100 zone with pen and paper in hand writing a letter/notes and a long horn blow didn't phase this moron SO where's the police in un marked cars getting these road hazards off our roads.

And yeah its amazing how they go for the phone as soon as they stop - hello moron it's still illegal ..... where's the police ..... seems those at front of line think I'll get through and I don't care about those behind me = morons :mad::confused::eek::rolleyes: ..... in fact come to think of it I've seen only 1 speed camera van on the road over the past 2 weeks and I'm out ever day so no idea where the police are on main arterial/highways/known rat runs etc etc etc.

18. evan&janine

evan&janine Active Member

Yes yes yes, i cant believe im not going mad also, recent post has couple with clothes basket, yesterday needed ph charger, had to ph bride to please share where it had been moved to. Oh yeah check the clothes basket, what !!!, yep two chargers buried .wtf. true story.

KahunaKombi and oldman like this.
  19. Grantus

It’s been banged on about so often here, but this afternoon, I almost didn’t get home if I was inattentive....

Quick trip to the shops, and just cruising home at the 100k speed limit, on a straight country 2 lane road.

Oncoming traffic was light, but an oncoming “P” plated Hilux, starts to drift across the centre line towards me. I creep left and can see he’s looking down left, mobile phone no doubt, and when I’ve got two wheels off the bitumen and traversing grass, he finally looks up and pulls his steering wheel left to avoid a collision....:eek:

I was tempted to go and “have a word” to him, but too many cars either way to safely do a “u turn” and persue him. :mad:

Probably a better outcome, as I don’t want to be one of those televised “road rage” incidents.......

old grey likes this.
  20. Jurgen Grossmutter

Jurgen Grossmutter Active Member

Maybe his number wasn't up...?