1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What p*sses me off thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ruby6689, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, that to have passed the checks and be able to hold the card..........really only means they just haven’t been caught and charged yet on record! :eek:

2. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

No training?
    What a load of crap.
    Suppose one is still needed even if one has a blue card. ?
    ( assuming all states have blue cards. ie allowed to work with children)

3. Grantus

There is no training or info to hold a WWVP card.

Simple application form with all your details.........after many weeks of checking, and if nothing comes up against your name, the card is mailed to you.

At a cost for some, (tax deductible as pointed out, as it should be), or at no cost to others. :confused:

4. Grantus

What P*ssed me off this week?

Some over zealous mod, with obviously way too much time on their hands, archiving a thread, offering to give away some T3 brochures gratis.

It was archived straight after I publicly thanked the member for his kind efforts and postage, letting him know they had arrived, but BEFORE the kind KC member even had a chance to see the post, to know that they had even arrived. o_O

FFS, archive old stuff...sure. But is it too hard to give the “seller/ gifter” thread starter, a chance to acknowledge that the deal has been finalised, or even let it go a week or two without any reply before archiving threads? Can’t really be that urgent to fill the archives, can it?

I only discovered this happened, when the kind donator, politely sent me a PM asking if they arrived, as he hadn’t heard, (fair call, as his thread was no longer there!)......but did make me look like a totally unappreciative ungrateful git, who couldn’t even be bothered to say “thank you” for his efforts. :mad:

Now which “all powerful” idiot mod took it upon themselves to undertake take this unnecessary action? C’mon..... Fess up, who was it? :confused:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    David H, Luckyphil and Wayne murray like this.
  5. evan&janine

evan&janine Active Member

Wooshar, Grant youve got three of the four posts on this page, wooshar, there must have been some kind molecular disturbance ...
    though some gnashing of teeth sounds warranted.
    My WPMO, where do I begin, janine on her way from work, eye witnessed a girl come a cropper on some gravel, at a roundabout. She parked car as soon acouple of others moved bike etc. The ambo's showed and parked , one truckie blocked the oncoming traffic to ensure no one would plough into
    the scene, but janine told of cars were driving onto wrong side abusing whoever was in shot, and one F D T in a b double who just 'couldnt wait' abused the ambos, and the girl for being a f u f , my thoughts were call the police.
    What is going on with all the new cars that dont have operational indicators , how are they rwc'd . Its really dangerous that these drivers are lazy and completely oblivious to their misdemeanor. Im not sure what could be distracting them.
    Finally, 25 ish female co-worker asked my age and guessed boomer, then quipped that we were the ones who have financially fffkkkd the world for 'the rest of us' i swiftly replied that i was offended with her comment , however she had turned and moved away , i thought no bloody idea .

6. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Grant it was me ok.
    It wasn't archived straight after you posted @ 10.15pm on Thursday ...... I actually do not recall if I did it on Friday in the morning about 6.30'ish or after lunch so 12.30-1.30pm:rolleyes:
    There is NO time limit set for when a thread is archived once the item is sold or transaction finalised - once it is seen by a Moderator that the "transaction" had been completed it is archived ....... this is the responsibility of being as you put it an all powerful idiot - I wonder what some others will think of that assumption.
    I thought you may have received an alert with a reason "thread archived". IF you wanted it back by contacting a Mod you can have an archived thread re-instated if civilly requested.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  7. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Troublemaker.

Grantus likes this.
  8. KahunaKombi

Grant, thread has been reinstated so your public acknowledgement of receipt can been seen - it will be returned to archive in 48 hrs.

9. Grantus

Only the thread starter gets notification, and is the one who can request the thread to be re-installed. I may have asked in this instance - had I actually known.o_O

I see now it’s all good. A little applied moderating forum etiquette, goes a long way. :)
    Just telling it as it is. ;)

I’m sure I learnt this from you.....? :D :p

David H and Luckyphil like this.
  10. KahunaKombi

So you don't want to add anything else in the T3 Brochure thread - see some Mod (not me) has archived it again but I can bring it back as I said it'd be re archived in 48 hrs and so a Mod has not read this thread and/or decided they'll intervene and act as they saw fit ...... so do you want them to fess up also.
    As you were on here @ 10.23am this morning and it had been reinstated it was up to you to comment further as you saw appropriate then.
    Oh and if you were watching the thread you get an alert also .... I don't have time to check that and not even sure I can.

The other issue we all powerful idiots face is that many thread starters do not post when the goods are sold or the transaction finalised ...... our crystal balls don't have that switch on them ...... so we work on the next best option the buyer or recipient advising finalisation of the transaction.

11. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

KahunaKombi. I was the thread starter that sent the items to Grantus. Once I knew Grantus had the item received I would of notified that the item was no longer available. Giving then both Grantus and myself the time needed.

David H and ruby6689 like this.
  12. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

And Wayne kindly posted that it was ok to archive the thread at 5.25pm this afternoon.

David H and ruby6689 like this.
  13. Grantus

Bert , as already posted, it’s not rocket science, and no crystal balls required.........and I had nothing further to add to that thread. ;)

My post was simply about that current thread, where I felt some better decisions should have been made, prior to actions. :confused:

I’ve since seen, after your actions were reversed, that the thread starter, added his post, and it was then archived. Ran it’s course, the way it should. :)

If it doesn’t happen again to other members threads.......... then the exercise was worthwhile! :cool:

Now, are we all happy little vegemites again? :rolleyes: :D

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  14. Resol

Resol Active Member

People leaving their chairs out!

15. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Agreed:cool:. A bit of calm, patience & etiquette by all is a good thing;):p:D .
    Cheers

chris taylor likes this.
  16. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

.....and let's not forget the etiquette of manners when posting :rolleyes:
    There is a more polite way of finding out what has gone on, rather than posting a tirade of abuse...........
    Now which “all powerful” idiot mod took it upon themselves to undertake take this unnecessary action? C’mon..... Fess up, who was it?
    We all have opinions of each other, let's keep 'em offline, or say it face to face when the time comes....common courtesy, I think it's called.
    We don't want to spiral downwards into a mudslinging Forum like some others out there.....

That's what pi55es me off.
    Cheers,
    Mark

Tangles likes this.
  17. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

We need moderators to have a bit of common sense and courtesy as well. They do on this forum 99.9% of the time.

18. Grantus

Ebay sellers, that sell you products, say they are posted, but when it’s a never delivered.....happily refund the amount? o_O

Trying to procure a couple of items from local suppliers, (with Australian phone numbers), and there is zero stock until March. Really needed them sooner, so I start looking at EBay sellers. Find one that had 4 in stock, item location Sydney Australia.

Feb 2, click “buy 2 now” and spend the $860, after checking the sellers history - heaps of $20 to $80 items sold often, and not much negative feedback.

Promised delivery in 1 - 2 weeks, and sent me an Aus Post tracking number.

First alarm - Aust Post tracking states “information received” on that tracking number, but shipment not yet scanned into the system.

So, maybe not “location Sydney”, and drop shipped direct from overseas.......could take a week.

10 days in, still no scan, so I ask the seller some real questions, even offering to drive to Sydney to collect.

To the sellers credit, when it started looking suspect, they responded daily, and kept offering full refund. I kept saying, I really need the products, rather than a refund.

This morning, they say that Aus Post have lost the package, and they won’t have more until March...:confused:

I took the refund option...... and still don’t have the products, or anyone that can supply them.

So here’s the question: Are they scamming PayPal, and using their money, on deals like this? :rolleyes:

I paid with PayPal, and I assume they got paid on 2 Feb, and PayPal weren’t going to withdraw the funds from my account until 23 Feb. The seller cancelled the sale on 20 Feb, and I have emails from the seller, Ebay, and PayPal, notifying that the funds to be withdrawn on 23 Feb, have been cancelled, so it hasn’t cost me any money....

How does this work? Is it a scam that relies on legit EBay buyers to make it work? :confused:

19. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Driving on the M5 on Thursday I was beside a nice looking red Ferrari convertible which naturally attracts attention. The girl driving was an attractive blonde which naturally attracts attention. Then she starts talking on her mobile phone! The blonde joke may not be a myth.:eek:

evan&janine and chris taylor like this.
  20. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

On the same type of thing as Phill......
    Driving to work yesterday and I notice a little red buzz box darting in and out of traffic, slowly getting closer behind me.......I look across at a set of traffic lights to see a young girl drinking red bull, smoking and texting at the same time...lights turn green and she’s off like a shot dog, only to get caught at the next lights where I pull alongside again.
    Accident waiting to happen.....
    Cheers,
    Mark

evan&janine and chris taylor like this.