1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What p*sses me off thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ruby6689, Apr 28, 2008.

1. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Take photos and send to appropriate authorities. Although i wonder if being fined makes any difference to these type of people.?????

2. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

That's called "multi tasking".

Ninga, chris taylor and oldman like this.
  3. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

You may get booked for taking the pic. Catch 22!

4. Jurgen Grossmutter

Jurgen Grossmutter Active Member

This policelady from New England told my son about a girl who was multitasking on the Highway between Glen and Tenterfield. She was found with the phone frozen to her face after being dead for two nights after leaving the road in a cliff fall. It was back in the analogue button days. The phone was prised from her face leaving indentations in her cheek.
    The policelady said "so much for women being able to multitask".

KahunaKombi, oldman and syncro like this.
  5. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Booked on line for a Subaru service with a question to find out if a gearbox oil replacement is due this service as I want them to use a special oil instead of the Castrol garbage that they put in last time. Subaru gearbox oil is replaced every couple of years. I get a call back from some female to tell me that the CVT fluid is sealed for life.:rolleyes:

I don't think that they are used to manuals in the shire.o_O

6. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Reading the results from the Dust Diseases Board of my last check up. (I get tested every 3 years for asbestos.) "After careful consideration you do not have a dust disease." Further in the letter "If you are dissatisfied with the decision you may request a review." WTFo_O

7. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Careful consideration being some outsourced filipino or Indian automatically generates a letter saying you are ok until you complain 7 times for a review then get an appointment with an outsourced medico who stick with same story regardless of any medical evidence?

Prob same mob that was supposed to be checking xrays of coal miners for black lung disease in qld but failing to do so as no one was available who was qualified.
    So it just got ignored until the cases presented at gp's.
    http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...-in-queensland-parliament/8376076?pfmredir=sm

8. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I just can't understand why I would be dissatisfied with the decision. Healthy sounds good to me. Maybe it was written by a solicitor.

David H likes this.
  9. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

I think the legal/ politically connection is accurate ;)

Definitely better to have the ' clear' as long as you have confidence in the process. :)

10. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I have the choice of local testing, but the DDB doctors are experts that I trust so I just put up with 6 hours travelling to Sydney and back.

cbus likes this.
  11. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

The letter would be a template and they have not adjusted it for your particular case (with good news) - they obviously don't proof read it either before it gets sent out ;)

12. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Took our 2 year old Hyundai Tucson Highlander (phew) into the selling dealer for its warranty required annual service, as a part of the service the satnav receives the latest update ! which turned out to be 12 months old !!!!!!
    I had noted the version number before the service..........yep wasn't updated ? Turned out the update had a error during the download and none of the techno numnuts bothered to check, took 1.5hrs and several phone calls the next day to install a 12 month old update :( our tom tom gps in the T3 gets 4 updates a year ! so much for a very expensive factory satnav, its no even able to use " apple/android car play" so we can use google maps instead :mad:. The latest model can.....b****er.
    However the main reason for my whinge is the fact that the wheels were not rotated (a part of the service) then they committed the ultimate sin by using a rattle gun to tighten the wheel nuts :mad:
    In a former life I managed the workshop at a new car dealership, impact wrenches were only used for loosening fasteners.
    The next day I checked the torque on the wheel nuts................I have two ISO compliant reversible torque wrenches ranging from 20-200 Ibs ft and 300-750 lbs ft the M12 x 1.5 nuts moved somewhere in the high 200 lbs ...........factory spec, 65-79 lbs ft :mad:
    To keep our warranty obligations intact I can only hope the car is strong enough to survive the next 3 annual encounters with the local dealer !!!!!! the next nearest dealer is 400kms away and not really a option, guess I'll just have to "redo" the service myself in future, and I thought I was retired :(

wombatventures and chris taylor like this.
  13. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

At least you only have a 12 month service! Subarus must be crap cars 'cause they need a six month service and gearbox oil every two years. (But this is only in Australia) It really is a rip off and I have heard that Toyota is worse.

The service managers (mechanics in suits) that I have dealt with at Tynans have been very good at not upselling except for one time I was greeted by a Jeep or Hyundai guy that kept telling me that I needed this or that. I said that you'd better shutup now or I'll get back in the car and leave. I wish more Aussies would stand up to the dealers.:mad:

14. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Service manager and principal need a slap around the head.

Ex father in law was in charge of GMH warranties for Vic and part SA.
    When retired finally bought a holden in the 90's.
    Idiots at local country dealership with multiple dealerships stuffed up delivery and first service in a number of really stupid areas.
    He called service manager and owner for a meeting.
    They bit off more than they could chew that time.:D

rstucke, drivesafe and chris taylor like this.
  15. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

I use Mobile Auto mechs for my wifes car,,,, dealers to dammed expensive and i do not know what they are doing for the money, at least i can watch mobile guys when they work in my shed.

The Kombi ,well that goes to to guys that rebuilt it 10 yrs ago , mechanicly ,still going strong, but with the occasional hick up, but nothing to serious ,just annoying .

16. Jurgen Grossmutter

Jurgen Grossmutter Active Member

Re: Sacked for being physically abusive with student.

I've been cleared of bashing a kid's head with metal / timber rod, shoulder barging him to the ground and repeatedly slapping him on the head with my open hand. Insufficient evidence. I call Bullshit. Multiple teachers aide's said it never happened. The kid made up too much abuse.
    Still no reinstatement. No apology. No backpay.
    NSW ed are reprobates. Void of anything to do with the human condition.
    I'll see them in court.

cbus and Luckyphil like this.
  17. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Funny how the matter was never reported to the Police. Schools way of dealing with abuse seems odd, if it happened from a parent then Police would have arrested someone. Take the bastards for all they have got :)

18. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

That reminds me Grant I’ve got dodgey one on the go as well ATM - will claim a refund right now ...

19. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

sounds like he should have got what he claimed he got ....

Luckyphil likes this.
  20. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

It's the corrupt NSW government. What do you expect?:mad: