1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What p*sses me off thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ruby6689, Apr 28, 2008.

1. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

With you Phill ;) ...... @ Northmead Primary school to cool the classroom in summer was open the windows and doors :rolleyes: ..... cold in winter the rooms had a pot belly wood fired heater :eek: ...... @ high school think the heaters were electric :confused:. Can't recall ever getting sent home because it was too hot or cold ..... @ High School the males were not allowed to remove their ties.

2. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

The ‘smartboard’ must have been offline. :DWouldn’t happen with the good ol’ chalkboard/whiteboard...;)

oldman and KahunaKombi like this.
  3. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I can understand in very hot areas having ac, but really when you are close to the coast. What happens when they leave school and have to work?????

4. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Kids don't function well in 36C and high humidity which is usualy a few months in qld so better use of time and facility if they are actually learning.
    But in the wisdom of the bureaucrats this isn't going to happen.
    Better to spend the money on dept junkets and reshuffling deckchairs on a sinking ship of education.

5. rstucke

rstucke Well-Known Member

Went to Auburn public school. Had kero heaters, the kind with the glass bottle.
    I was the kero monitor and got out of the last 1/2 hour of class to get, fill (from a 44 gallon drum) and replace the bottles in the heaters for the next day.
    It was difficult getting the job done in time. The headmaster refused to let me start earlier and instead allowed me to pick a helper, my Mate Finni.
    The whole thing was bs as I could do the job in about 20 min and go home. But with Finni we should be done in 10 min and get out early.
    We run and got the bottles out of the 5 class rooms down to the store room. The tap on the 44 was slow so I filled the first bottle wacked the top on, handed it to Finni and told him to screw it down tight as he climbed the stars. When he got to the classroom (kids still there) he turns the bottle upside down quickly into the holder in the heater.
    In the mean time I'm filling a couple more (Finni was gullible). Got to the last bottle, I screwed the cap on and loaded up the heater in the classroom down stairs and we were out of there.
    Me and Finni used to walk to school together and the next morning we were joking about how we were going to get out of school early from now on.
    There seemed to be a lot of smoke in the air as we got closer to school. And there it was. The fire bigrade had just finished extinguishing the blaze.
    So after a nervous discussion we worked out that Finni had forgotten to screw down the caps after the first bottle so 3 of the 5 bottles leaked over night and soaked into the wooden floor.
    When the cleaners came in next morning they started the heaters and had just enough time to vacate the building.
    school was cancelled for a couple of weeks while they got demountables in.
    I was interviewed when school resumed in the principles office, a burnt shell with a temporary table and chair. After that all the old style kero heater were removed from NSW schools and replaced with kero safety heaters (non removable fuel tank)
    I was a legend among my mates until summer came around (the old building used to be really cool)

Ninga, David H, chris taylor and 2 others like this.
  6. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Last week the fan motor controller in the workshop swampy spat the dummy..........today the spindle variable speed controller on the milling machine let the smoke out, NOT HAPPY :mad:
    only got half the job done. ****@$#

7. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Does it bother them in schoolies week i wonder.to hot to go and party , dont think so somehow.

8. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

They keep their fluids up and shed unnecessary clothing. :D
    Plenty of beach time.

Ninga, rstucke, syncro and 2 others like this.
  9. rstucke

Well to be honest I'm classified a pyromaniac (hopefully not by the law).
    The fire at Auburn public happened in 6th class, so I was out of there at the end of the year.
    From what I've seen the old building was restored as the façade remained undamaged but the sporting field held the demountables for which I suffered as I was deemed responsible by my peers .
    The next year was spent in Arthur Phillip (in Paramatta), a shit hole, and then saw me moved to South Strathfield (this is what happens when you don't have functional parents, I've lived in a lot of suburbs in Sydney(12)).
    A great school because no one cared about my circumstances. The main home teacher couldn't even bring herself to call me by my name (Reinhard) instead pronouncing that I would be Ricky from that day on (a name that has stuck in the form of Rick).
    So I enjoyed a few years there and got into dirt bikes (stay with me and you'll see the connection to my earlier post)
    Spent a lot of time in Menai (near the reactor) Which started me into endure on trials. Me and some mates ended up riding on the other side of Heathcote road which is army territory (much better riding).
    One Saturday I road over a metal box on the army side and when I went back to check it out I found it was full of 303 shells, Shazar
    At home (Guildford around about then) I pulled the slugs off a couple of hundred cases to find a gun cotton (miniature spaghetti) not cordite. I saw this as the making of a mega sky rocket (2 stage no less). Took this bad boy to school and was hell bent on sending it into orbit at recess.
    So the rocket was on a Piece of dowel which I wedged in the fence that divided the high school from the bush perimeter of the golf club next door.
    A reasonable crowd (most of the school) turned out to witness the event.
    On lighting, this thing shot fire and brimstone out of it arse. Unfortunately I had jambed the dowel that it was attached to, too hard into the corner of the dividing fence (still spectacular). The first stage ceased and every one sighed. But.
    The perfect storm happened. The dowel burned through and the rocket fell into the golf club bush. and then the second stage kicked in.
    The fire that the brigade put out was I believe spectacular (I was some kilometers away by then).
    Not to long after this event I left school and started work (young but tall and lying about my age)
    Moving forward
    A few years ago I went to a wake for my wife's uncles funeral at the South Strathfield Golf Club
    The bush between the school fence and club was now a car park, but there was a burnt out shed to one side.
    When I went to the bar I asked the bar tender what the story was with the shed. He looked down his nose at me and said there was some little prick at the school along time ago that torched the lot and all that was left was the remnants of the shed. Considering that he seemed distressed I just went back to the celebration of "brother Johns" life.
    Now the reason I post this in the what pisses me off thread is obviously because I'm shitty about my childhood (sort of).

10. David H

David H Well-Known Member

This Reinhard is what our lives are made of. It (the shitty stuff & the good) is what makes us who we are:cool:. If I got caught for half what I did back then I wouldn't be out yet;).
    Now days it's called 'free range parenting' back then it was just neglect:( & we ran amok:p. Could share some stories about condies crystals & glycerine. I've always been interested in combustion in confined spaces:p:D. Dry ice in a 1.25 litre empty coke bottle with some water....goes great:eek:
    Nice legacy after all those years. Top marks:cool::cool::cool:
    Cheers

rstucke likes this.
  11. rstucke

have a few stories about pool chlorine and brake fluid

David H likes this.
  12. David H

Just read your post to Lauren (whilst laughing all the way) & reckon 'naughty boys' just end up in Kombis to slow them down;).

Which I'd love to hear;).
    This guy had nitrogen fertiliser in the back & diesel draining from his tanks. Just lucky there was some water between them. DCP01063.JPG :D.
    I reckon he was p**sed off. Took them 12 hours (all night) to fix it.
    Cheers

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 11:00 PM
  13. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Graduated to carbide early high school, after discovering a good formula for black powder mid primary.
    Beats fly fishing.:D
    Left the better stuff to some associates who survived more by luck than any glimmer of intelligence. ;)

Plastic bags and certain items involving acetylene surfaced in a few variations early trade days.

rstucke and David H like this.
  14. David H

Perhaps we need not go on with how to make an explosive;)
    for leading the young astray... Kombi role models;):p:D.
    Cheers

chris taylor likes this.
  15. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

They would need the app.

16. chris taylor

The way today's technology is and how readily available it is ,and taking in to account the copy cat factor,something's are best not discussed here..

17. chris taylor

Definitely kombi roll models, more challenges as well as more fun and better people.

rstucke likes this.
  18. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

They already have it ;)

chris taylor likes this.
  19. chris taylor

They are well and truly way ahead of us {me}. Never under estimate the younger generation .

20. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Classic :D

rstucke and chris taylor like this.