1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What p*sses me off thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ruby6689, Apr 28, 2008.

1. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

Lately when reading magazines and watching YouTube I have come across the new mistake of an old saying. It's crapping me off immensely.... so I'll be sending an email to at least 2 pommy vw magazines.....
    A hall or show field is not f#@%ing rammed with buses and cars! The word is crammed! And has been for years!
    Aaaagh!
    I'm betting they're using predictive text in their spell checkers!:mad::mad:

Rant over!
    Happy to hear Lu is getting on well Chrissy.:)

2. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

It's a bit like ally wheels.

TeeBee and wombatventures like this.
  3. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

They're not even the ones out in the back behind the dumpster with the cats....;)

Ninga, TeeBee and syncro like this.
  4. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

It’s comforting having our Kombi family on the same page and also that you understand and appreciate that our animals aren’t just pets, they’re family.
    I don’t think it’s over for the driver. Paul is mostly a placid fella but if his family gets hurt... yikes! As you can imagine, the vet bill was pretty hefty.
    I am so thankful Lu is okay. I’m even more grateful it wasn’t one of the kids playing in the driveway.

5. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

WPMO?

Waking up to find the dishwasher hasn’t done what I expected it to do overnight, and has had a hissy fit.

Unloaded the contents into the sink, to remove the dishwasher for closer inspection, but the then find the hot water wasn’t as hot as it should be, to hand wash the contents.........:confused:

After starting on the search of causes, and had to wait till the off peak timer kicks in to do further testing, looked at my blank screen wristwatch, which had also stopped working...WTF? :mad:

They say they come in “threes”, and they were all unrelated, yet all sorted by sun down.

Hot water sorted, dishwasher removed and replaced with a loaner, and I can again tell the time. o_O

But what a total waste of a day..............:(

Now have to start tomorrow, to try and catch up with what really needed to be done today, as well as tomorrow..:confused:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  6. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

.....a lot to be said for a sink and and automatic watch! :p
    Cheers,
    Mark

chris taylor and Grantus like this.
  7. Grantus

Although I confess to being a Luddite. I hate handwashing dishes. The last time I did it was 32 years ago, and I remember then, wondering how clean are these dishes washed up in an unsanitary soup of leftovers, in a sudsy sink of ”hottish”, (not the sanity 70 degrees a dishwasher achieves), water? :eek:

Do we still rinse and then bash clothes on a rock in the river to clean them? No! Washing machines became the “norm”, long before dishwashers.

I also run my life on time, with a wrist reminder of each minute.....;)

TeeBee likes this.
  8. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Sounds like a day off to me;). No work!
    Cheers

9. Grantus

No day off....heaps of work - just unpaid! o_O

Staying in bed, or a Kombi cruise would have been nice - THAT’s a day off! ;)

David H likes this.
  10. David H

Ah...Canberra winters...I get that;).
    Cheers

11. Grantus

You don’t like minus 5 at dawn....... just above zero at 10am.....and then maxing out to a toasty 9.6 degrees at the hottest part of the day? :rolleyes:

Worse on cloudy / foggy days! :eek:

At least it’s so dry, and salt free, that Kombi’s live well.....;)

12. David H

:(. I'd just hibernate for the entire winter:D & I suffer the Kombi rust to live somewhere near the salt laden warmer coast:p;).
    Ever thought of putting a ski run in your front drive?:rolleyes:
    Cheers

13. Grantus

And people wonder why I disappear to Indo in September for some warmth, to shorten the winter by a few weeks, when I’m finally “over it”....

Tell Lauren, I’m now off my “L” plates with the new wood Coonara heater. Zero smokey start ups now, that you suffered on your visit, and really happy with the performance to date. ;)

“Chalk & Cheese” with the performance and design of the overpriced French crap one I finally extracted.

David H likes this.
  14. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Is that some sort of wife swap?:eek:

Grantus, oldman and melissa like this.
  15. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Geeze ..... I just had to listen to the Mrs nagging and negative commenting when something stops working as she expects it to = drop what you're doing and fix it to return the quiet.

Wayne murray likes this.
  16. Grantus

I rang Winnings Appliances, to get the name of a recommended Meile repair company.

The repair company said they could send someone out on 3 July !!! :confused:

I then rang a friend who used to work for Winnings, and who happens to have a garage full of bits, including as it turns out, a couple of working dishwashers. He kindly came over in the afternoon and we swapped the appliances over, and he has taken away our faulty one to assess whether it is repairable or not. :)

grumble, David H and TeeBee like this.
  17. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

That's the problem with living outside of Sydney/Melbourne.

melissa and Wayne murray like this.
  18. TeeBee

TeeBee Well-Known Member

Misuse of the word "literally" :confused:o_O
    Heard on TV lately:
    "That literally killed me" (that's funny she was still talking)
    "My jaw literally hit the ground" (ummm... didn't see him fall over and drag his face on the ground)
    "I'm literally on fire" (no you're not)

Ninga, rstucke, KahunaKombi and 3 others like this.
  19. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Arriving at work this morning to find a dozen & more healthy established Angophras dropped to ground level.
    These trees were 50' plus and had not dropped a limb in the 20 years I have been here.
    They did not pose a threat to buildings, nor were they positioned where future works are planned.
    I smell a beaurocrat spending up surplus money at the end of the financial year.......:mad:
    What a way to start the day........
    definitely pi55ed off.

20. grumble

grumble Well-Known Member

We Had a storm a couple of months back and a couple of limbs dropped and damaged some headstones so the powers to be sent a contractor and dropped all of the beautiful trees, now the cemetary looks like a war zone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2019
    chris taylor likes this.