1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What p*sses me off thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ruby6689, Apr 28, 2008.

1. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Sold the Golf Clubs as issues with the hands (trigger finger - fingers lock in closed position) a few years back and had lost all interest in the game.
    Problem would be you'd have to wait until they had dried out enough to be kickable without sticking to the club face :eek:

2. KahunaKombi

Guilty of being a house buyer in 1980 and single @ the time ..... offered a job in the Solomon Islands for 2 years secondment which I took up in 1981 returning in 1983 - no hand outs from the parents as by this time they had given excess stuff away to my sister and brother ..... the secondment allowed me to save enough to furnish the house and get what was needed to landscape also. Interest rates kept climbing and loan repayments barely made a dent in the principal & just before the height of it got married and wife didn't work so a SINK which just added pressure on it all until she pulled a part time waitress job @ local pizza shop. We came out of it ok like many others.

People these days want everything NOW and debt doesn't frighten them until they realise they can't pay the bills and then blame someone else for their inability to plan and save.

Real Estate agents have no idea on property valuations :confused: ..... one locally uses the on a good day you'll get $650k on a bad day $620k - reality is the property value is really $580k ...... they over value it to get your signature on a contract then slam you with advertising costs & to put their sign up. Pays to do your homework and be prepared to walk.

3. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Bloody hell Bert, your in a no win situation.

4. bagman

bagman Well-Known Member

.....why do some big grocery stores insist on having LOUD background music ... makes it impossible to ring home about what it was I was supposed to get or can’t find ... if its a marketing thing it sure does not make me want to buy more ... more like I got get out here ..... and go to the other German brand store ...where there is no back ground music and just serenity ... you will notice the difference next you go ... just look for the calmness on people’s faces .... rant over

5. chris taylor

You forgot to mention how one forgets what one was supposed to get and has to ring she who must be obeyed to be reminded. Then to be told about the shopping list that was written out for you. Lol

6. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

But the list is always at home and you are in the store.

This about one of the few times that I find texts handy.

micklyan likes this.
  7. grumble

grumble Well-Known Member

Bert you are right and it is a toss up between the ambulance chasers and the real estate agents. The agent that sold my mother in law's place charged her about $5000 for professional photos (poor quality pics and some areas they didn't even open the doors and done with a mobile phone), they then beat her down 5 grand because the free standing garage had a lean ( which it had when she purchased it 30 years previously from one of their vendors)
    They valued my Aunt's property at 350,000 for 25 acres of rural farm land with a 3 B/R,sheds etc with deep water frontage, she had another agent who told her it was hard to value with all that it but would be in excess of $1 million and the smaller farm next door sold for 1.2 million a few weeks later.

KahunaKombi likes this.
  8. chris taylor

It's case of do your homework first or get ripped of, trust no one in this game they like to sell low ,sell quick , sell more.

9. KahunaKombi

Then you have to wonder why people slip over = followed this woman with 2 kids in Woolies today and the youngest was eating a banana - well biting pieces off then dropping them on the floor ..... hinted to her what was happening but she ignored it so I went up to the Duty Manager and informed her what had happened and pointed to the woman ..... the staff are the ones who have to pick it up otherwise if someone slips then we know the fertiliser hits the ventilator :eek:

Wayne murray likes this.
  10. KahunaKombi

And your fault for not taking it when you weren't told about it :p

chris taylor and bagman like this.
  11. bagman

bagman Well-Known Member

“Serenity”

chris taylor likes this.
  12. grumble

grumble Well-Known Member

Yes one of the 1st questions that the agent asked was "How old are you?" when she replied she was in her 80's he thought he had a live one for skinning but she still has her faculties and doesn't take crap from anyone so he had a short visit and left with his tail between his legs. ( a lot of my grandfather in that girl) :rolleyes::rolleyes:

KahunaKombi, cbus and David H like this.
  13. chris taylor

Yep they seem to think the older folk are easy targets , but not so in this case ,good on her.
    Just another tip if if you are a senior, in a lot of stores you are entitled to seniors discount, so flash your Pension Card or,{if in your state} you have a seniors card use it to your advantage ,i do ,surprising how often you will get 5% knocked off doesnt sound much but its better of in your pocket than theirs.

David H and grumble like this.
  14. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Just heard about people injured on a flight to Australia. I just cannot believe how stupid people are sitting there without their seatbelts on! Halfwits.o_O

15. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Went to the RMS to renew my licence. Ticked the box to renew for 10 years (No explanation on the form) then was told that I am too old. Another question was do you have a seniors card. Now it is not cheaper and you do not get any other benefit from it but I ticked the box. Went to get a number and the jerk at the counter asked who told you to fill that form out? He said give it here and I'll check it. WTF?

16. chris taylor

Not sure what yr age is but every year i have to fill out a self assessment form just to keep mine , i can get the doc to do it for me if i so choose ,im i 78 now gawd 0nly knows what its going to be like when i turn 80,,,,,,,,,

P>S
    Dont understand what they mean to old :mad:, how old is to oldo_O Do you get pensioner discount over there , do you get a pension reduction on your rego like we do here .One of the few good things we do get from these nice poli people,{ did you notice i called them nice}must have caught me in a good mood.
    Cheers

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    TeeBee likes this.
  17. TeeBee

TeeBee Well-Known Member

How rude! :eek:

18. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Also you now don't need to have your photo taken and they post the licence out to you. It would have been nice to know about that. Imagine if you were going on holidays?:mad:

19. KahunaKombi

Mother has just renewed her license in NSW :eek: ..... she's 90 and doesn't drive far & only around the Wamberal/Erina area BUT boy is it interesting to be a passenger with her :confused:
    She also said her photo wasn't taken ..... not sure on her renewal paperwork besides Dr certificate.

rstucke and chris taylor like this.
  20. chris taylor

If she is still capable of driving at the age i say good on her ,interesting to say the least ,but good on her ;), hope i can still drive at the age,:rolleyes:, i guess you must worry a bit mate .:(

Ninga, TeeBee and KahunaKombi like this.