1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What p*sses me off thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ruby6689, Apr 28, 2008.

1. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Speaking of media. I was in Bendigo on Friday and was approached by Channel 10 for an interview. Some ill prepared halfwit interviewer said that he was asking locals about bushfire preparedness. I said that I wasn't local and he said that it didn't matter. So that night I was on the local Bendigo news perceived to be a local.

rstucke, Syncro27 and Luckyphil like this.
  2. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Never let the truth get in the way of a "good" story :rolleyes:

3. rstucke

rstucke Well-Known Member

So you get my point?

oldman and syncro like this.
  4. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Be nice to your neighbour, smile at the person in the street, do a favour for someone today;).
    If you can't, kick my "rose coloured glasses' if I PYO:p.
    Cheers

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    TeeBee likes this.
  5. David H

Interesting how you've included the 'skew' of modern media;)! Modern media has it's own 'engine' that is very unreliable:(. This 'unreliability ' 'skews perception' as you say & just reports the negative that fuels our views.
    @syncro @cbus. Try & view people as 'possible':) or you can just say all "are b##tards.
    It's important that age (cynicism) does not cause our experience to be so cynical to exclude new understandings of how we view our lives:D.
    Modern media does PMO:p
    Cheers

6. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Wisdom is the accumulation of experiences that comes with age.

Where one no longer has to deal with
    " possibilities" but has certainty from having seen the results many times and no longer needs to suffer prolonged doubt re the outcome.

But not all have the necessary skills to achieve wisdom.

Ninga, oldman and Grantus like this.
  7. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Rose tinted glasses are fine.

As long as they don't become blinkers.

https://amp.smh.com.au/national/isr...ex-marriage-and-abortion-20191117-p53bf4.html

Ya gotta laugh.

But at some stage stupidity and ignorance becomes dangerous .

( Usualy when they're accepted as normal or gain power )

Ninga and Grantus like this.
  8. drivesafe

drivesafe Active Member

Now our volunteer fire fighters are being attacked.

First off, last week the Greens parade out this rather dubious “woman” who claims that when the volunteer fire fighters putout the fires and go home, they will bash the wives.

But it gets worse.

Now the Queensland government is accusing them all of being potential child molesters, and they all must submit a Blue Card application form by December 1, or they will not be allowed to fight bushfires?

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...ned-from-battling-deadly-bushfires/ar-BBWS6Lm

Grantus and cbus like this.
  9. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

That stupid premier and her cadres have excelled themselves this time.
    And that was pretty hard given her previous record.

drivesafe likes this.
  10. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

And the change.org petition, that received 30.k signatures within 24 hrs, to sack the dubious
    " woman " strangely vanished??

Friends in right places ???

drivesafe likes this.
  11. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

It became mandatory for ACT RFS members, along with an annual fitness test, to also have WWVP (Working With Vulnerable People) cards, which I assume is the equivalent of the Qld Blue Card, a couple of years ago. 6 weeks from application to issue. Luckily, as a volunteer, the $70 fee, was waived, because otherwise, I imagine many wouldn’t have bothered to pay a $70 fee, for the privilege of continuing donating their time to the cause, and just call it quits.

NSW Ambulance members had to pay the fee out of their own pocket, to continue to work. :confused:

There is no mention in that article, about whether the Qld members will have to pay, or not......o_O

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  12. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Teflon coated be they :eek: in the tower of power :confused: .... you'd have to wonder how many of those who propose and support these laws would actually volunteer to fight a fire :eek:.

grumble and cbus like this.
  13. drivesafe

drivesafe Active Member

Also wonder how she will react to volunteers coming from other states to help fires in QLD.

Will it be "Thanks but no thanks"?

cbus and Grantus like this.
  14. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Valid point, considering I don’t believe NSW RFS or VIC CFA members are required to have the equivalent Blue Card. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  15. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

We have to pay for ours too......
    Cheers,
    Mark

16. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

What happens when they have to deploy the Army to help :rolleyes:

drivesafe likes this.
  17. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

KahunaKombi and drivesafe like this.
  18. drivesafe

drivesafe Active Member

19. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

It's been a bad year for work ,lack of it. Mid year the Boss accounted wanted ever worker to have a work place agreement.(contract)Which I didn't see why after 21 year employment.
    They have asked me to take time off unpayed,which didn't worry me to much. Then what really does it in was they asked another worker that his job is no longer due to lack of work. They asked him to look elsewhere. It ended up getting rather heated,as they wanted him to resign and leave. Instead of giving him is four weeks redundancy notice instead. They wanted contracts to cover themselves but won't do the right thing by us. It would look better for boss if he done it the right way.
    Wish he gave me my notice but he didn't want to pay the workers 7 year service redundancy pay instead of my 21 year service.

20. David H

Hi cbus,
    An ongoing questioning about why things/stuff is the way it is be good rather than "I got old & I've seen it before therefore my answer is right" ;). Food would be so different if we stuck to your concept of 'history';).
    Boy asked his dad to get his pet frog out of the street culvert. Dad tried hard with sticks, chewing gum etc but eventually gave up:(. 5 mins later boy walks in with frog. Dad goes "How?". Boy says I just used that stick you had & got some paper & plugged up the drain & then filled the culvert with water & floated the frog up!. Boy not troubled by knowledge of drain blockage & future problem to solve :p! This problem that dad's previous experience couldn't answer was because of Dads 'experience;)!

Cheers
    PS. Noticed you deleted some posts @cbus

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019