1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What p*sses me off thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ruby6689, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Nothing to drink, just your continual attack on technology particularly in this thread. Get your head out of the sand Phil artificial intelligence and voice activation are here and now so get on the bus

Syncro27 likes this.
  2. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Voice activation today reminds me of computing in the 80’s. It’s here but it doesn’t work very well...:confused:

syncro likes this.
  3. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

Voice activation is no good if your dumb. o_O

4. wombatventures

I like to get up to push buttons....

I need the exercise.

5. wombatventures

Please note the context of dumb there.... as in deaf and ...

TeeBee, David H and rstucke like this.
  6. AC-T3

AC-T3 Well-Known Member

Is this what you mean?

7. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

The amount of daily media coverage of the young couple Prince Harry & Meghan, wanting to go it alone and be self sufficient. o_O

How many parents would usually be overjoyed, that the kids are FINALLY moving out? :rolleyes:

Make sure to take all your stuff with you please Harry, as they will want to renovate your bedroom into a bathroom........:p

TeeBee, Ninga and Luckyphil like this.
  8. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Dirtbags that are helping themselves to donated goods for fire affected victims that are in no way affected by fire. They’re even taking the packs of bottled water, tipping the water out to go and cash the bottles in for a few bucks.
    No brains... no conscience either.

More positively, can’t forget the amount of incredible people that are putting so much on the line and disrupting their own lives to help others in this crisis.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  9. Grantus

I saw a very appropriate term for these people - COCKROACHES! :mad:

drivesafe, cbus, Ninga and 1 other person like this.
  10. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Ferals are always ferals :(

Ninga, chris taylor and Grantus like this.
  11. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

or like me, have false teeth that dont fit ,all your words come out backwards .:mad:

wombatventures and Ninga like this.
  12. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I have a thing called common sense. Not sucked in by advertising.

I don't think that you understood the context of my original post Phil. I was sent something useless. I would rather have the money. The same as a previous post on televisions that you didn't understand.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  13. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Considering the " converted to SMS" messages I get and " send" I would be very concerned about voice activated technology ;)

wombatventures and syncro like this.
  14. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Im a simple man probably too deep for me :)

TeeBee likes this.
  15. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I had it on my up and couldn't get it to work. It could be a good feature in a car, but in a house? Just get off your a***, you lazy *******.

16. wombatventures

Same here Col. Some I keep just for the LAUGH!;)

17. Grantus

Got a very close retired friend in his 70’s, on a limited income, that was hoping his well looked after older A4 Audi would “see him out”, but Audi has now told him that won’t happen. :eek:

Audi has recently recalled his vehicle, and refuse to replace his Takata airbag, as it is cheaper to buy the vehicles back at “market value”, (between $300 & $800), rather than pay for the cost of the airbag replacement. The vehicles VIN is now tagged, so he cant remove the airbag, and keep it, nor can he re register it when the rego expires. :confused:

https://www.caradvice.com.au/814735/audi-australia-takata-buyback/

Nice backup and customer service from one of the VAG companies....NOT!:mad:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Wayne murray and Barry like this.
  18. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Yep :(

19. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Wouldn't he be better just have someone disengage the airbag and continue driving it until it is not roadworthy? Most of us (kombi drivers) get around OK without airbags.

chris taylor and Ninga like this.
  20. Grantus

Not an option, as he did ask about that. Disengaging the airbag, is an illegal modification, and therefore would also affect the insurance. He has been told not to drive the car anymore, and if concerned about taking it to the dealer, they will come and tray top it for you. When you drop the car off at the dealer, for an inspection to confirm it has a Takata airbag, you have to sign a document agreeing that if a Takata airbag is confirmed, you will not be able to collect the vehicle, nor will you actually own the vehicle from that day on, and it becomes the possession of Audi, and you have to accept the “market value” as assessed by a Pickles Auction valuer.

All very well for Audi to make a buy back offer of the cheapest possible price, but I am now steering him to take up the fight with Audi. Don’t let them steal your car, and accept nothing less than the agreed value on his insurance policy in writing, before handing over the car.

If he was in an accident today, and the vehicle was a write off, that’s the sum of money the insurance company would pay him.

Audi have written his vehicle off for him, so therefore, surely they should also be paying the same agreed value?

Syncro27, Wayne murray and rstucke like this.