1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to pack

Discussion in 'Kombi Club Bus Stop 2011' started by peace_fam, Apr 17, 2011.

1. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

This will be my first big trip away in my T3 camper and l wanted to find out from folks what you think is essential packing in your Kombi. Mine is a pop top camper and l've packed the usual pots/pans, plates, kitchen essentials and bedding.

Is there anything experienced Kombi campers can tell me to keep in mind? Traveling with my 2 girls and looking at taking a dome tent too,though don't know whether to take up more room with that. l'd love advice......:umm:

2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

A few tarps come in handy - last year when we went to Mt Gambier, we took 2 kids and they slept in a tent beside the kombi each night. Being easter it rained every night (or at 5am) so that we had to pack a wet tent each morning - that was probably the worst part of the whole trip. A few bags that can take wet things until you can get them dry again (such as blankets or clothes) is handy to have - of course if you have them you wont need them ;)

3. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Make sure you have a fire extinguisher, spare fan belt, 1 litre bottle of oil and wheel brace and jack. Even if you can't use them someone else might be able to help you. Tarps are good along with some light rope you can use to tie it to something with. Some basic tools, ie a shifting spanner screwdriver and pliers are good, along with a coat hanger, amazing what you can do if you need to.

Tent is a really good idea, along with some extra tent pegs. Good to leave stuff in if you want to go somewhere. If you have inflatable bedding you would be well worth buying an electric pump. Torches are also good, either the led ones or normal ones with some spare batteries.

Thats all I can think of off the cuff. You might already have thought of those things but I consider them essential.

Adrian

4. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Yeah couple of tarps. Few tent poles and guy ropes and you've got heaps of extra space. I always reckon ziplock bags and stackable containers (the ones with clip tops are great) are a good way to stay organised foodwise.

5. Justin

Justin Active Member

trust me , whislt all these suggestions are fantastic , on the millions of road trips my fiance and i have been on , you will always forget something important !! :lol:

so my suggestion is take a kitty with some cash in it (as we have sometimes found that a atm or just somewhere that has a eftpos can be hard to come across when you need it the most ! - murpheys law :mad: )

most of all , have plenty of batteries for the camera , on a road trip you will obviosly be wanting to take plenty of photos , its a pity (and we have done this on numerous occasions !) - to have flat batteries when you want to take a picture of something cool . . .

and most importantly , have a ball !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

peace

6. greenbay

greenbay New Member

tarps are also handy when a koala sh*ts on your tent,aren't they Mel:lol: .
    A few of those disposable ponchos from bunnings are a good investment as well.

7. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Yes Jay - Koala pee smells just like eucalyptus and koala nuggets make a loud bang when they hit your kombi roof and they hit like bullets.

8. Justin

Justin Active Member

note to self , dont park near any trees at night . . . :eek:

thanks for the advise mel :D

9. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Take what you need NOW and you cant buy tomorrow!
    We are not going away from the world as we know it. And you have friends!

10. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Just be happy you didn;t park under a drop bear nest.

11. jobell

jobell Active Member

Spare fuel cap.... I'm putting it on my packing list from now on. Just worked out I left mine an hour down the highway... yesterday. Oops.

12. greenbay

greenbay New Member

Bring heavy duty mozzie spray,it's been wet down here and there are plenty about and a few sand flies

13. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

Thanks for all the replies including the PM's. I had most of it covered but it was good to get a few more ideas! Packing today.

14. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

For T3 Kombi travels:

A valid RACV / NRMA card;

A Visa card or similar;

& a mobile phone with your mechanics home number on speed dial......:)

Now hopefully, if you pack all those carefully - you won't need any of them! ;)

15. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

RACV total Care = Check

Visa = come on lm female and have several!

Mechanic - Well i sleep with him and even though he cant accompany me he'd be there if i had probs.

Seems like i'm covered in more ways than one.........:p

16. greenbay

greenbay New Member

It seems that open fires are allowed in the park if you have a drum or brazier,bring one if you can as the nights are a bit chilly