What was your Christmas disaster......?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by oldman, Dec 26, 2017.

1. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Hope its the good one with sausages :)

2. Wattie

Wattie Active Member

Doh ! :D

3. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

You get used to them ...... worked in Honiara in the early 1980's and the only canned baked beans you could get there :oops:

4. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Best baked beans there is in my opinion

5. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

It was some dread we set out two days before on our 800 klm trip to join the family for Christmas. We managed to avoid 'the bed of death' as Andy calls it as we were staying at my Sisters this time and not Mums.
    Car loaded with two dogs, two cats, clothing and presents etc we set off. Just 5 mins into the trip Eddie the cat throws up. We stop and clean up, another 8 klms and he craps. We are on a twisty back road and cannot pull over so he slides around in it until we pull over and 'clean' him up. Just mins later he piddles and before we manage to pull over the cage which is perched on top of the presents tips. I imagine the worst, luckily it missed everything but the rubber boot liner. The rest of the 780 klm trip was uneventful.

Christmas day went well...... well as well as it could with my family. Mum has dementia and is still trying to work out 'who the 14 YO BOY is' (Jess my daughter's partner). We dined that evening with the toffs back at my Sister house, always the social climber she has now latched onto a recently retired UN Ambassador and his beautiful wife to add to her collection of well heeled 'friends'. I spent hours looking at her waistline (she was 10 tall and wore 6" stilettos, me 5'7" and barefoot). My eyes glazed over for most of the night as we listened to the round the world tour of who had been to the most countries, bought what artworks, and eaten at the most exclusive restaurants. The bottle of Moet stood pride of place on the table but was not opened, probably saving that for next years table decoration.

Our highlight was our lunch with Melissa and Scott on Christmas Eve. We ate, we laughed, we chatted for hours and felt that wonderful feeling that only the company of good friends can bring. Thank you.

mish13, Ninga, David H and 5 others like this.
  6. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Lorraine - you made a tough day that little bit easier to handle :oops:

mish13 and ruby6689 like this.
  7. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

...................... upload_2017-12-29_13-15-34.png

8. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

9. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

My wife makes the best home made baked beans on the planet. Great with sourdough toast mmmm :)

wombatventures and Squidy like this.
  10. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Hi Lorraine,
    Being irreverent I could not have helped myself from uncorking the Moet & pouring myself a glass whilst I told a 'fart' joke:D.
    Eddie needs to travel a bit more ;) or do a pre departure departure with 10 km down the road & back. Then clean/tidy & set out on the actual journey:cool:.
    May New Year be great for you both.

mish13 likes this.
  11. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Looking at the horrific fatal road toll, that equals an absolute “Christmas Disaster”.......:eek:

I trust if no KC members were involved..... the rest of the stuff kind of pails somewhat into insignificance.

(Except Mels sad story) :(

May New Year be great for all, and I look forward to catching up with some of you. ;)

mish13 and Ninga like this.
  12. David H

David H Well-Known Member

It's always someones friend/family/relative & impacts us all as a community:(.
    Keep safe...drive safe;).
    Have a great New Year

13. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Ohh Lorraine! I cringed a little and laughed a lot at your story.
    Sounds like you fit into that dining table really well... :D:D Given the choice of seats, I’d be sitting next to the 5’7” barefoot chick!

We were sad to hear Melissa’s news just before Christmas but if anyone could bring some sunshine to the day, I’d pick you.

Chrissy.

ruby6689, Grantus and oldman like this.
  14. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Maybe she thought he worked for Telstra.;)

ruby6689, David H and melissa like this.
  15. ruby6689

Ha ha.... the Moet or the $2 wine would be safe in my hands as I don't drink, maybe that's my problem! Eddie is well travelled, he even came to Old Bar. He loves the caravan and Kombis but just doesn't do windy roads well and all roads out of here are at least 30 klms of windy roads. I arm myself with a bag of cleaning items even when going to the Vets.

16. ruby6689

So true Grant.
    We travelled down to the Central Coast and I must say the Pacific Highway is now possibly too good. Klm after Klm of straight, smooth, wide boring road. The new Rest areas/ Service Centres are so darn hot and devoid of shade, my dogs almost burnt their paws just crossing the pavement. It will be different in a few years when hopefully a few of the planted trees grow.

17. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

.........aahhhh.....Eddie.
    I thought you said Andy......:rolleyes:
    Cheers,
    Mark

mish13 and Ninga like this.
  18. Lois lane

Lois lane Active Member

Happy New Year :D
    Bought a set of complete drawers online for our daughter for Christmas 3 weeks before, to ensure it was here on time.
    After many emails it finally arrived at 5pm Christmas Eve... in a flat pack!! Not to be beaten I started the construction.
    Safe to say, it was a mess and I lost my s#*t.
    No bottoms for the drawers, only half the screws, styrofoam everywhere, scratches on the timber. The list goes on.
    Here are the before and after shots, and yes it is on the bonfire waiting for the fire ban to be lifted :confused: :rolleyes:
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Syncro27, Ninga, kombi69 and 2 others like this.
  19. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Oh dear! At least your daughter knows you tried. My present and the one for my mum has still not surfaced from the Aus Post black hole of Chullora - last scanned on 20th December.

David H likes this.
  20. Lois lane

Lois lane Active Member

Love your mixed bag that is Christmas. A good laugh fixes everything, but maybe the next day :D