1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats on in South Australia for VW

Discussion in 'South Australia' started by Gromit, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Gromit

Gromit Member

Hi there,

We have just bought a t25 here, having not brought our westy, and we will be camperfying it soon, just wondered if there is a list of events that's on in Australia or South Australia by preference that we could plan on going to, or club meet ups?

Thanks

2. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

3. Gromit

Gromit Member

Thanks Brian I will check it out. Even being isolated in central Scotland we still wandered off to various club meets in the middle and south of England to catch up with people so we were hoping there would be a similar community here :)

4. jsmiller

jsmiller Member

Yeah Brian is right there isn't much VW wise that happens here in SA. Maybe we should trying to plan an informal get together? All the VW stuff here is always for all VW's, I think an all Kombi event may be in order? Other VW's welcome though :p

5. Abby.75

Abby.75 Member

There's two VW clubs in SA and both have regular meetings and organise cruises now and then.... I'm stubbornly not a member of either but still go allong now and then when I have the time.... you don't have to be a member of either to join in. Both have their big events once a year: Volksfest is on in Port Adelaide in November for the Enthusiast's Club, and the other is Day of the VW in March (usually) for the Volkswagen Club of SA.

Both clubs have websites and Facebook pages.

Abby.75

6. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

Feel free to organise any event , im sorry i cant any more we had such a great crew here in sth aus and numbers were great but as i said i cant organise anything any more due to shift work post and they may well come back out of the wood work Good luck if it happens on a weekend off i will be able to attend but the dreaded Roster prevails my life !

7. grapeape

grapeape Member

This Sunday?

Gday folks,

Im keen to meet down at Brighton on Sunday morning!

I go early with the dog and then have a pasty at the bakery so a few buses would make the conversation a little more interesting.

Is 9am too early on a Sunday?