1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel alignment Adelaide

Discussion in 'Steering, brakes & Suspension' started by deepburn13, Dec 5, 2013.

1. deepburn13

deepburn13 Member

Hi, can anyone recommend a decent place to get wheel alignment for my 72 bay in Adelaide? Need a place that has experience with kombis and knows what they're doing with them!
    Cheers!
    Scott

2. Abby.75

Abby.75 Member

What part of Adelaide are you? I take Abby to a guy on Willunga, I've been taking my Volkswagens (not just Kombi's) to him for tyres etc since I was 16 years old... there used to be a VW mechanic next door - before he retired over 10 years ago- and they used to help eachother out. The tyre place is now so big he has employed more people and he now gas the whole shed...

PS I now live closer to Gawler than Willunga but I still go all that way for wheel balances/alignment/new tyres... it's well over an hour each way. ..

Abby.75

3. deepburn13

deepburn13 Member

im in para hills so like you, will have a bit of distance to cover, but if i cant find anyone decent thats closer it sounds like the best option. Just had an alignment done at a place in unley (only because they had a 2nd hand tyre to match my other 3) and its now worse than before!

4. 1500king

1500king Well-Known Member

You have two options...

Go see Bob@ Volkscare/or call. He can advise who to go to as he has a VW friendly and aware aligner for all of his front end rebuilds. You might want to get ur front end checked first...90% of front ends are beyond aligning and need major repairs.

Or..

Go to the Mag Wheel Centre in Prospect(next to Blackfriars school) under an assumption of the following(and maybe a bit of a gamble as was a couple of years ago now)....I taught the Aligner at the time how to do mine...and he might still be there. NEED to stick to VW specs for the alignment...They ARE NOT commodore front ends... They also need a 36mm thin wall open end spanner to get into the upper ball joint eccentric adjusters. Coupla young blokes, ("Tom") on my invoice.

5. deepburn13

deepburn13 Member

Brilliant! Thanks guys! Will do!

6. deepburn13

deepburn13 Member

For anyone else who wants to know, Bob recommended Torque Tyres in Salisbury and also mentioned Mag Wheel Centre as well.

7. morts

morts Member

There is an old guy who works solo behind Clay's air conditioning opposite Castle Plaza at Edwardstown. Old school and very good...

8. 1500king

Yes, I will also recommend, They did all of my cars in the past...but just the last time, I needed somebody on a Saturday and they were not open. Torque tyres have a long history with Formula Vees, they know the VW front end and as per my Type 3 panel van, they even torque the wheel nuts in the correct sequence so that it does not distort the drums(5x205 drums).

9. deepburn13

deepburn13 Member

I'm after some Tyres aswell so was wondering if I can get some contact numbers for the guy at castle plaza, and the guy from Willunga a is possible Morts and Abby 75?
    Cheers,
    Scott

10. 1500king

Torque tyres sell Tyres...So does the mag wheel centre...

11. deepburn13

deepburn13 Member

Yep, got qoutes from both and am just shopping around a little more. The bloke at Torque Tyres (now called something else, will post later) was really helpful but wasnt sure if he had the 36mm spanner needed and said he hasnt done a kombi for about 5 years.

12. Abby.75

Abby.75 Member

The guy in Willunga is Wayne Thomas..... the business is the Willunga Tyre and Battery Service. They're at 4 Jay Drive, Willunga. (08) 8556 4343

Abby.75.