Where are all the pics??

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2013' started by VanAime, Apr 1, 2013.

1. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Yep, that certainly is me! Someone had to ride shotgun for the Shitbox's maiden voyage. ;)

2. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Ok, all settled back home, house now cleaned after two feral sons' unsupervised existence.....now for the pics:

JD, Sue & Alice at the meet & Greet on Friday night

[​IMG]

Our Powered site set-up PLUS a Ensuite !! Luxury that I can highly recommend

[​IMG]

JD sentencing another 12 yo to death by consumption

[​IMG]

Party central at Steve 'n' Brad's

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  3. oldman

My how the "responsible" lose their judgement as the night wears on.....

[​IMG]

Kombi races...hard to tell if they're real or toys....

[​IMG]

The hot favourite...shame the driver choked with the pressure !!

[​IMG]

Wet'nWild Party Bus en-route to Nerang

[​IMG]

4. oldman

Hippy chick at the photo-shoot

[​IMG]

Some tasty rear ends on the Cruise

[​IMG]

The Natural Bridge - a stop-off on the cruise & worth every minute of getting there....just awesome

[​IMG]

My mantra for the Bus Stop..........

[​IMG]

5. oldman

What I love about the North Coast

[​IMG]

Final night dinner with Sue, Woz & Alice and Anne Marie & Brian

[​IMG]

Stopped off for a paddle at my favourite North Coast point break

[​IMG]

Just me out

[​IMG]

6. oldman

The Twine - our entertainment for the Wet'n'Wild dinner - very cool sounds

[​IMG]

A little bit of Igor in the Tardis, courtesy of Bert......many thanks mate, the spirit of Igor lives !!

[​IMG]

A couple of these on the run home....very cool rides

[​IMG]

Largest Bottle Brush I've ever seen...two people would be lucky to surround its trunk

[​IMG]

All in all, a fabulous experience. Never in my life have I been surrounded with so many good folk happy to meet'n'greet.
    Many thanks & much appreciation to the organising Committee, fantastic job folks !!
    Great catching up with old friends & making new ones.......
    Many thanks to Carol for my little butterfly, very cool.
    Now all I have to get hold of is a Bus Stop sticker....they were all gone when i spoke to John.....
    See you all in Griffith 2014.....BRING IT ON !!

Cheers, Mark

7. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Great pics Mark,you had a nice set up there,fun had by all :D

8. oldman

Thanks Mick.
    Hey JD....when do we get your take on TBS 2013 ....?:p
    Waiting with baited breath....
    Cheers, Mark

9. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Hey Mark.
    you look lonely in that secret surf spot.
    If you let us know where it is we can come hang out with you :)

10. oldman

:lol: ....maybe we could do a run there sometime......great camping, great beaches - bottle shop not too far away - & very quiet out of school holidays.
    Cheers, Mark

11. farquire

farquire Member

i know exactly where it is Mark ,but i'm not saying

12. oldman

Cheers, Mike - full of sharks & angry locals anyway.....most folks hate it & move on quickly..........:umm:
    Cheers, Mark

13. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

The Book of Revelations......according to the Gospel of St John of Adelaide [Editors note ; Unedited , discredited and unrepentant ]

It was the best of times...it was the most anticipated of times, but inexorably, with glacial pace Bustop Thirteen rolled into the Coast of Gold in that holiest of times , Easter. A time of reflection , thankfulness and fellowship....and thus it was ! That germination of an idea by Roy , founded on Hitler's vision , married to the ayrian teutonic pragmatism of Wolfsburgian engineers resulting, by a myriad million twists of fate over 6 decades and more , in more than 100 superior souls ascending upon their very own field of Kombis.

Bustop 13.you bleed'n beauty. Superlatives abound, , such were the heights of reflection , thankfulness and fellowship of the gathering. Reflection upon the illogical , irrational weirdness in the common bond that drew so many from so far , thankfulness , that their " common bond " had not broken down on the way there , and fellowship that went late into the night , night after night. Bless em all.the splitties , the bays and the flying wedges.

And many were the revelations...to the discerning.

VW Freak...of the roller paint job and passports from their island home set up advance intelligence. The affable Marty with his westerly ambitions , and angelic consort , Angie , did inspire with the zeal born of effort and distance to be there.Brian in the legendary Mushpit , our very own KC laureate who inspired , tantalized and amazed with his photographic journal , spanning this great continent from West to the East.Many were the wistful sighs from work entrapped KC'ites gazing upon his Epic.
    So pleasing to countenance the chemistry between Brian and KombiMuso, Anne Marie , gifted and charming to all. Additional to her musical talents was her remarkable demonstration of comfortable slumber in a camp chair...initiated , midsentence. A pairing for the future ?

The time capsule that is the magnificent Lorraine and her Andy did caravan in. As I sat in Mildred , on the same bedspread that my parents had, all those aeons ago, I had to resist the temptation to put my face against it and be transported back to a distant childhood , cuddling MUM after a bad dream. What a powerhouse pair those 2! Reflection ? Sunglasses all round.

Not to be outdone [Editors Note...who ever could ? ] was effervescent Judy , our easterly DubDriver. What an entrance.Her magnificent splittie powered by greenest of energy , 12 sweating KC'ites pushing her rear. Thankfulness and fellowship...Hold that thought Boys

DouggieBoy and Dale, a matched pair. Elegant , erudite and educated , introduced a touch of class to the fellowship refinement to our reflection , particularly after Dale"s xth Barossa shiraz on Friday night.
    Misha13 , Michelle and Adrian cut of the same cloth , did demonstrate the art of an organized and functioning camp. notwithstanding extraordinary companions , St Bernard and Fifi , 2 of most personable pets .
    Such refinement in a Kombi .who would have thought?

On the subject of arrivals....universal acclaim to the unmitigated skill and judgement , unparralelled teamwork and astonishing telepathy displayed by TinBitz and vivacious Theresa , in reverse parking of that eclectic compilation of functioning VW parts, under their canopy . Such was the acclaim , 4 score and more voices rang out , simultaneously , in loud unison as the perfect pairing proceeded to rent asunder.
    Credibility and ethos arrived in the form of our own flaxen haired angel , Melissa ably supported by Scott. Difficult to envisage a Bustop without these 2 and even more in respect of all our cyber friendships. Long may they Bustop with us.

Twas a revelation , Friday afternoons , leading into the night are characterized by euphoria . The joy of arrival ,for many , after such a long journey [ Editors note : Bulls#*^... more likely relief that their blessed Kombi didnt s#*% itself along the way in some remote backwater with no mobile phone reception ] Unbridled emotional release in physically hugging avatars whom you have been swapping cyber spit for the last 12 months and excitement of what is to come. Revelation 1...Friday night is a big night.

How fabulous that we have our own icon in the AlPal to take charge on Sat morning , with organized races for the wearied souls . AlPal with his trusty sidekick John have created a spectacular race event that has spawned rivalries , namecalling and a win at all costs mentality. The perfect antidote to Friday night and a joy to spectate , a thrill to participate , all commensurate with bonhemie distilled in the previous night. Oh , and the children have a ball. Revelation 2 : Woe betide the adult driver who defeats a junior competitor. Never seen in the last 4 Bustops.
    Fortunately for AlPal , he has the added credibility of the lovely Carol , who ages not , nor the years condem. [Editors note : unlike us ]

Saturday night , the extroverts come out to play ' again , fullof fun , frolic and festivity. Costumes , attitude and laugh a minute.Some KC'ites dont even need costume , that is how they look normally.
    Bustop 13 particularly special...fantastically organized , meaningful trophies , bringing disproportionate pleasure to recipients and will be cherished. One such award currently resides in a prominent place in a seedy lawyers boardroom provoking more comment that other more expensive decorative confectionaries.

The golden thread that held this together is attributable to the beloved Cornish..from the lovingly crafted trophies , spectacular " smackeminthass kombis " [ Editors note : a common urge of all Kombi owners at certain times ] and his unfailing ability to herd cats....sorry...Kombis into a managable configuration for the photoshoot. He and his consort , Lin leave for foreign shores and travel with KC best wishes.
    Sunday , driving activities or in the case of others, further and better fellowship. Residual blood alcohol can disinhibit too much travel at Bustops
    The more gregarious KC'ites come to the fore.

Wozz and Alice as always, are the epicentre of fellowship meetings...and charming , entertaining as ever. They work tirlessly as our social conscience. No society can do without such people. Fingers crossed for Wogers safe return.
    On this occasion, the social hub greatly facillitated by the quietly effective 68Bus Brad who effortlessly constructed a Marquee and then regaled with qirky quips all the while
    demonstrating the long lost art of hammock sleeping in a Kombi.
    Peter impressed in his beautiful blue Kombi and ability to know what he was talking about , no matter how late the hour. The effort showed , he aged a year , and entered his 5th decade over the weekend , marked by a beautiful daisy from Daisy on his rear.

Daisy..Daisy...give me your answer do ? Liss as always added her own panache tempered with deep thought and considerate contemplation. Deep waters , worthy of investigation.

No fling without Bling should be SinBin's motto. What a sensual,slinky, sexual piece of sheet metal surrounded by a " ring of bling " Could have been a contender in the races, well prepared by Steve , but Brad choked. Such desolation but Steve consoled by the prospect of Griffith next year.

Many were other luminaries, Ozzie in his canary yelloy Bay lurking but revealing rapier wit , Jaybone with a treasure trove of Kombi experience in such few years and the unforgettable Bargeass...capable of beautiful sound and melody notwithstanding prolonged and sustained " fellowship ". Too young to be so tortured , but the proof ( along with Thomas ) willout and it did. Can sing.Can play

No gathering would be sustainable without a good shepherd.CBus...Col to mere mortals. Cometh the hour...cometh the man! And he did not let anyone down.

Revelation 3 : The seedy lawyer from the south , musing over intelligent discourse of OldMan did , in an uncharacteristic display for a senior citizen , offer respite in the south. How hard could it be , he mused. Oldman...get in some incontinence pads...walking stick...check his medication... wheelchair and show him a wild time. Game of Dominoes , let him stay up after 8 ,tot of elderberry wine ,get in some good karma. What a Fraud! The man is built like Apollo...looks like Adonis ....travels with the fair and elegant Sue...and to the seedy sods great discomfort...is personable to boot. Not surprisingly, elevated to Olympus where he will sit with other Goderators and judge the quick and the dead.
    The list of outstanding personalities goes on . Scott of Synchro fame and his super athletic daughters impressed thru out.

What of the future ?
    Griffith in 14
    Peter , the quiet but always there presence , revealed himself to be a KCite of substance and quality. He is the architect of this unique event continuing in Griffith. Bless his soul. He will need help .

Revelation 4 : QLDers are spoilt for Kombi event choice. NSWelchers have demonstrated travlability for Bustop. Vics will travel anywhere for a pissup.
    The location is equidistant! Not too far.Not too close. Perfect road trip. Perfect company in the ride of choice. No one leaves a Bustop without anything other than reaffirmation of all that is good about their choice of vehicular obsession, the people who drive them and the absolute sense of belonging to a special group of weirdoes. !2 months away and at this juncture all Kc'ites should be of the view that they are available. { Editors Note : apologies to WA , but I think we are coming ]
    Finally....if you are still reading this. you need to get out more...or even better...get a life and come to Griffith in 2014
    Ecclesiastically yours in Repentance St John Of Adelaide:cool:

14. john doherty

OldMan...you fraud! I have no take on any event that would allow me to attend. I confess to being similarly aroused at the sight of a manageable right { for a fat old fool } and you out there all on your pat malone. Obviously shark infested in which case I will be right at home. As a matter of propriety ...Thank you to all those who did such a fine job organising Bustop 13. It is the glue that attracts newbies and consolidates oldies. So many new friends....such a fun and , for me...youthful time. I had a total blast and look forward to irritating in the future....such is my shallow and 2 dimensional nature. Adelaide beckons oldfella?? J.D. in Adelaide:cool:

15. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Such discourse.
    I summise that you have found and finalised the last magnum of red JD:)

col

16. Tin Bits

Tin Bits Member

I second that,,,,,,,,,,
    I think,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I won't be able to sleep tonight,,,,,,,,,,,,

Cheers John,

17. Tin Bits

Tin Bits Member

Red Red Wine and a 2hr sleep for a guy that loves a good time, great to meet you John.

Cheers Ian

[​IMG]

18. Tin Bits

Tin Bits Member

The Shitttt Box had an effect on Apal.

[​IMG]

19. john doherty

20. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

That photo is priceless!

Well done JD - that sun came up way too early!