1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who remembers?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bagman, Jun 28, 2020.

1. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

No!.....it would not have been Snowlands ! That was the supermarket that was added as Falls Creek expanded.
    The original place to get supplies was half way down the road, also had a post office, sort of........bugger, I can’t remember the name....but I probably will at 2 am tomorrow morning....:rolleyes:......was it called the MiniMart ?
    Cheers,
    Mark.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  2. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Have this one sitting on the shelf in the study 20200706_194959.jpg

3. bagman

bagman Well-Known Member

Offical Neptune car badge .... on eBay now ...first in best dressed 38B33DD4-B2D5-4AA6-B184-4E36C449587E.jpeg

oldman likes this.
  4. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

I remember the "What Pisses Me Off Thread" gone but not forgotten

Kazz, cbus and oldman like this.
  5. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

So Mods, where are we now to share with friends here, in an “off topic” way, the Non Kombi stuff that pisses you off? o_O

Like Saturday afternoon, when the long serving dishwasher decides to pack it in it. Interstate relatives coming to stay Sunday & Monday night, to visit my brother in hospital, who is really not well, and nothing open to get parts or replace the machine, until they’ve left? :(

Glad it didn’t happen the weekend before......

And now I realise, this post is “off topic”, so like the other whole thread, is now subject to a possible removal if it doesn’t fit with everyone or anyone’s personal view on how they think things should happen on KC.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Luckyphil likes this.
  6. David H

David H Well-Known Member

I remember when life was simple. 6 packs of glass oil bottles on the petrol station driveway. Fuelled up & ready to go with a clean screen by someone else. Filled whilst you're in the drivers seat.
    A KC world where we didn't put the grumbles of our day on this forum & just talked Kombis & how to keep them going/or appreciate them. The positive stuff:D. Mods must have had a chat & made a IMPO a great decision:).
    Let's keep it positive & support us & our view of the world we live in with a smile. C'mon...you drive a cool bus!!
    Yeah I know there's sh*t out there. Do we really need to share that in this club & experience it twice in our day by reliving it here?
    Cheers

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    oldman likes this.
  7. Grantus

Fair call...... the world has changed as we know it, and we have to accept the new way of life.

By not chatting with the KC family and friends, apart from only Kombi related things, the KC direction will be changed as well.

Of course to do that, we should ensure that all Kombi co-pilot dog pics are only allowed, if the dog is shown in or with a Kombi. The Happy Birthday thread should be deleted. It should also be mandatory, that ALL posts and threads, NOT related to Kombis, should also be deleted, including the surfing get togethers.

And ensure every “crap joke”, is solely Kombi related. All those other ones not Kombi related, need instant deletion, or just delete the whole thread if it’s easier. Get rid of the nature thread, as there’s very little if any Kombi stuff in that one.

Infact, the quickest way to convert KC into yet just another “vehicle specific tech forum”, is to delete the whole “Off Topic” forum. Simple.

Now if that is the direction most members feel is the right direction for the future, please let me know.

As long as the off forum “Conversations” are still around, and not moderated for other stuff, it’s probably still worth dropping by, for one aspect of our lives.

Wayne murray likes this.
  8. David H

David H Well-Known Member

"Now if that is the direction most members feel is the right direction, please let me know."

Why?

9. Grantus

To just talk about Kombis, and nothing else, as you suggested.

10. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Can't recall the name of the Lodge I stayed at but the owner stored his bottles of Vodka in the freezer ..... great fun and loved being able to go downstairs put on the boots, open the door, drop skis in the snow, clip in and ski to your hearts content and then @ days end ski right back to the door again ;). Only ever spent the 1 week down there :(.

oldman likes this.
  11. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

I keep my gin in the freezer in summer

oldman likes this.
  12. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

I remember riding the top deck up front with my Mum & Gran in a Melbourne double deck bus when it hit an awing at the corner of Bourke & Spring St in 1950 :eek:
    The double deckers were in the city while the old cable tram network was removed.
    Melbourne Double Decker.jpg

13. oldman

I’ll respond to this so that everyone is aware.
    The WPMO thread has been archived.....for good.
    Why? because some used it as a venting platform targeting minority groups..... cultural, religious, political and otherwise.. Sure it may be what pi55es them off but the ensuing conversations turned into personal attacks seeing KC member slagging KC member because they had a different point of view. Trying to moderate all that and keeping the peace has become impossible.
    If you want to have a whinge, do it by pm or otherwise.
    Seeing the WPMO thread archived made me happy yesterday.....
    Cheers,
    Mark

Alpal, cbus, Wayne murray and 3 others like this.
  14. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

I remember when service stations used to give stuff away. I remember as a kid going to a Mobil servo on the eastern side of the old wooden bridge at Southport and getting picture prints of The Beatles, probably collectors items now. Also the old picture theatre on the wharf at Southport, could see the water through the cracks in the floorboards and the cheap seats down the front were deck chairs.

oldman likes this.
  15. oldman

Maybe just a tad hysterical in my opinion, Grant .......!
    “.....it’s probably still worth dropping by.....?”
    That reads as though you only called to participate in the WPMO thread......and I think I know you better than that.
    Move on, the thread is gone.
    Cheers,
    Mark

16. Grantus

It’s all good Mark.

My comment was in response to the suggestion that KC would be a better place if we “just talked Kombis & how to keep them going/or appreciate them.“, and how the format of KC would look like, if that was adapted in full. That’s all.

The removal of that thread is just another evolution of the forum, and may or may not be the start of others, as members decide they don’t agree with a thread, and chime in to whinge and complain enough, until it gets removed.

Meantime, happy to just move on.

cbus, Wayne murray and oldman like this.
  17. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Personally I find kombis need a bit of condiments such as banter and people to make them interesting.
    Even if it does mean dealing with the occasional dysfunctional view of the world. ( Or learning that people actualy can hold different views without causing Armageddon)
    But do agree with Mark that herding the cats is not a paid position and he also has a right to enjoy the sunshine.

Pity.

oldman likes this.
  18. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

What do I remember...
    When tolerance was a two way street.

oldman and Grantus like this.
  19. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Remember the ones in Sydney NSW -

[​IMG]