Who was the first Kombi club member you met and where was it?

Discussion in 'Kombi Stories' started by mish13, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Who was the first Kombi club member you met and where was it????

I cant really remember, but I think Lorraine and Curtis were the first I met when they camped at my place on their way through from a "Magical Mystery Tour" of QLD a couple of years back. THis was a great introduction to KC and I have enjoyed meeting many many more members since that day.
    It is a funny thing, but I think that first meeting can really turn you on or off a group like KC, so was very happy to have had a great start like that.
    :D :D :D

2. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

OOps, I think it may have been Archeress on a quick trip to Brissie for work in 07, cant remember exactly, but we had a laugh and on we went.....

3. Whitie

Whitie Active Member

Not as yet, but looking forward to it.

4. Nashies

Nashies New Member

Our first member was Melissa when she... not only helped us to find a window winder for the drivers side of Molly but delivered it to the door of our friend's place where we were staying in Newcastle! Thanks Melissa! :)

5. Hippy-71

Hippy-71 New Member

I have met 1 or 2 members before (years before! :eek: ) being a member of K.C ilke Judy when I lived near Ballina but since moving back to NSW and join'n the K.C the first member I met was Juzbee (Juz) must have made quite an impression on me too...we know have a 2yr old together and and loving life !

6. MAP77

MAP77 Active Member

29.jpg

We met Bob and Sheryl Authur at Bus Stop in Forbes 2016.
    Lovely people and Bob's not shy with a few stories.
    The start to a beautiful KC relationship with great memories over the weekend.

mish13, oldman, Ninga and 1 other person like this.
  7. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Lorraine, at the wettest ever Old Bar .....I think in 2010.... ?
    The absolutely abissmal conditions saw folks leaving left, right and centre.....
    Those that stayed were all huddled up at the camp kitchen, so it wasn't hard to meet folks !
    I knew I was with the right sort of people when they were all friendly, happy and generous despite the wind and deluge.
    Also amongst the crowd were Kai , Frank, Bernie, Melissa, Cornish and Peter Josling......who appeared very keen to welcome my wife......:D
    Happy days, that have continued since :cool:
    Cheers,
    Mark

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    mish13, Ninga, melissa and 1 other person like this.
  8. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Bernie... in a time of need. In fact it started with a phone call on our inaugural Old Bar trip. Vera had broken our hearts conking out only 100ks from home. I made a desperate phone call to Bernie hoping he could shed some light on what the issue might be. It was serious and we had to turn Vera back toward home. We did however arrive at Old Bar in the ute and caught up with Bernie to tell him how grateful we were for his support.
    We have learnt so much since then thanks to the amazing people we now call our KC family.

P.S. Great thread!

Chrissy.

MAP77 and oldman like this.
  9. Geoff Dearden

Geoff Dearden Member

We had the great pleasure to mete David H and Lauren and of course the handsome bus "old boy" at Old Bar, weekend before last. Awesome!! Great to see old boy in the flesh after reading your great Resto thread

Also met Melissa and her beautiful red and white splitty, such a great weekend.

melissa and David H like this.
  10. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

You dodged the nutters of the KC T3 brotherhood I see. :p

Probably a wise decision......;)

11. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Hi Geoff,
    The T3 guys aren't nutters they are just dealing with different problems than bay owners:oops::p:D.
    Cheers

cbus likes this.
  12. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Have to deal with coolant, and keeping it where it should be........a later addition to Kombis. ;)

13. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Like air cooled do with coolant with tin ware "keeping it (air coolant) where it should be" an early way of cooling things still working & needs no creek to fill:p.
    Cheers

14. betsy

betsy Well-Known Member

That would be Lorraine who practical tackled me in the street while i was browsing the shops in Nimbin
    2010 or maybe 9

Been good fun thanks Lorraine for the introduction

15. Geoff Dearden

Geoff Dearden Member

Hi Grantus
    I look forward to catching up next time!! love the T3's and did look over many lovely ones at old bar and even spoke to their owners!! just didn't link faces to KC names. I do particularly like the factory A/C in many