Who's coming and where are you staying?

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2013' started by ruby6689, May 21, 2012.

1. Resol

Resol Active Member

Hi All,
    Anyone coming from Melbourne that bring a full length bay roof rack up for me please to the Gold Coast?
    Payment in beers or cash :)
    Cheers
    Grant
    shoot me a pm if you can, it would be GREATLY appreciated!!

2. milly

milly Active Member

Thanks for that, the paperwork I have in front of me that was emailed to me upon paying in full states " cancellation peak season" forfeit entire tariff.

I spoke to Lorrraine at the Park and she advised I would lose the lot unless they could re book the cabin and if they did I would only lose an adminastration fee and as yet they have not re booked it, but in light of what you have posted and its wording I will get back in touch with her.

Cheer's

Steve

3. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it is a fair argument. If what you list in your PDS is different to what you send out afterwards I would have thought the first lot on information would be what makes up the contract between you and them.

4. milly

milly Active Member

Hey 68BUS I agree, I have just noticed the admin fee is also different, the email invoice I recieved has it at $25 and the webpage has it as $35.
    Ive phoned the park and are waiting for them to phone back.

Steve

5. milly

milly Active Member

I have just received a phone call back from lorrainne at the Gold coast holiday park and she has advised that their cancellation Policy has just changed ( after I had booked & paid in full) and the policy above in this thread is the new policy now in place & I unfortunatley I come under the previous cancellation policy that was in place at the time I booked.

So in short if it does not get rebooked by some one else I lose the lot, however lorrainne is confident that being easter they should be able to book it out and if that is the case I will be refunded the full amount less $25 admin fee, so fingers crossed.

Leason learnt, next time only pay the minimum deposit required until you arrive.:lol::lol:

Steve

6. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

If that is the case and you are up for a week's worth of rent you get your wife to rebook for the week.
    You get your money back less one day and then she cancels and gets her money back less one day and you end up only a little behind:rolleyes:

7. milly

milly Active Member

Great idea,
    thats what I love about KC people willing to help & give ideas, Im just a dumb s*#t & would never thought of that.
    I owe you a beer.;)
    Cheer's

Steve

8. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

A beer you say. Well now you will have to come camping. But then the issue will not be around.
    And then there will be no beer required. And then you won't need to come camping. But then my idea will be valid again. Then you will have to come camping. But then the issue will not be around.......

Col is going to tell me to do some work soon. I just know it!:lol:

9. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Brad...if you ever consider a career change....I have a position for you in my office ......Bankruptcy litigation. Please consider. John Doherty in Adelaide:cool:

10. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Careful John, I may call you about that. I dare say that 30% of that job would be very interesting. It is the paperwork 70% that would do my head in.

11. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Have faith in your kombi mate, If something goes wrong there will be plenty kc folks to help you along.

12. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

We cant come to this one, we know have a kombi again, but neither of us can get the weekend off. But after that we be there with bells on as i will retire before the next one.

13. Kombi Kapers

Kombi Kapers Active Member

Douggieboy, pvt message sent re site booking. John

14. Kev76

Kev76 Member

Just rang caravan park to confirm our booking. They've moved us from site 54 to site 13 near the river. They said they thought we'd like to be near the other kombis. Isn't that nice? We originally booked site 54. There are two site 54s but then there are two site 13s too. Anyway we have a nice sized site on grass with power. Just right for Olive our mid 60's caravan and Kev the kombi.

15. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Hi you 2......Wanna share Woz"s big rig , Alice ? ( Careful punctuation ) I am there, probably Wed. night. When have you booked for ...and is the invite still open. John Doherty:cool:

16. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Your a funny man John. Might have to bookmark you for a chat over a beer during the weekend.

17. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Brad he only drinks coffee.

18. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

He aint a funny man Brad, he is very serious. When he goes to these shows, he leaves the serious JD back in radelaide. OOPs yes he a bit funny.

19. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

20. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

LATEST LIST FROM PARK BELOW

If anyone wants to substitute a KC name for a real name please send me a PM.

Cabins
    3 andrew edwards
    4 melissa
    5 prone
    8 VACANT
    9 jacqui

Ensuites
    8 oldman
    10 gummy bear
    11 terese cullen
    12 marlyn
    13 sam & jodi smith