Who's coming and where are you staying?

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2013' started by ruby6689, May 21, 2012.

1. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Forsooth...far be it from my social conscience and impeccable breeding , all of which compel me not to publicly cast a pallor over yonder forthcoming nuptials and festivities hereinafter referred to as said " Bustop "...I confess that in the last vestiges or wreckage of what once passed as a conscience ( and I use that noun most loosely ) I am uncomfortable at the inevitable dismay ... nay ... shock and mortification that will be thrust upon those in any topographical proximity to site 49 ( down by the river they tell me but dont get me started ) when they discover I will be squatting on said site. That of course will have nothing to do with the dildoes planted there.
    I shall desecrate said Bustop on Wed nite until ejection, Easter Monday. The venerable Cbus , known to all for his benevolence and sharing nature has most kindly offered a spare chariot, as my existing beast is still in drydock being de oxidized. Thus , my 4th desecration of all that is holy to K'Cites is imminent.
    It is not too late to change your booking to a different site ( how does another state sound ) I cannot tell a lie ( especially if no one is paying my fee ) ..It's all Cbus's fault and he should be soundly chastized for facillitating such awfulness ( what a great noun...its not a word but it should be ...dont you agree )
    So...this is number 49 signing off...over and out.
    John Doherty in Adelaide:cool:

2. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

That's the one (Lorraine messaged me!)

Alice and I would be very disappointed if you did not share our space John! Yes. I think we booked it from Friday to Tuesday but we have been assured we can extend the booking either way.

3. Patches

Patches New Member

DISASTER!! We had a site booked and were getting our gear ready for the big trip.
    Faithful BrunHilda has popped a head bolt and expelled all her critical coolant. Luckily we were not far from home (35Km) and our trusty neighbor rescued us on his trailer.
    As this is a portent of a major rebuild of the not so great water cooling patch to Ferdinand's wonderful air cooled creation she has been loaded onto a tow truck tray and delivered to Max at Dandy Volks for a Subaru transplant.
    Hopefully we will end up with a more reliable,efficient and powerful alternative.. but not by Easter!!
    I have contacted the park and the site in the midst of the Kombi area has been deemed as vacant and available.
    I have paid the full fee but will not be refunded unless the site is taken up.
    After looking forward to seeing you all again, this has been a big disappointment.
    We hope you have a great time.

Peter & Rosalee

4. Van Housing

Ouch! I am glad to hear your kombi will be fixed, but it is a shame you cannot make it to help keep up a strong Victorian presence. Hopefully someone grabs your site to cheer your Easter a little.

5. Samantha

Samantha New Member

Thomas and I are all booked in! Deposit Paid today :) Yay! Maybe site 17 for us?

6. paul77

paul77 Well-Known Member

Good to hear. Just to confuse things, Liss, Brad an I will be on site R17.

7. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

I got roof racks. You can set up on them:lol:

8. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Yay! The more the merrier we will be...:cool:

9. paul77

paul77 Well-Known Member

I feel I have just added to the confusion with my post Sam. Pretty sure you guys will be on your own site 17 whilst I THOUGHT the 3 of us would be languishing on large rig site RL17 (R for riverwalk, L for large I guess). I have just been advised we are actually on RL8 at this stage so I will decist from further postings. You are welcome of course to wander over and enjoy our excellent hospitality wherever we may be:)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  10. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Do not worry Paul there is no confusion.:confused: I was just responding to Brad's silliness with my own :words:. Sag and Geminis tend to bounce of each other a lot! Lord knows how you're gonna cope sharing the site with us. Other KCers visiting you may just be your salvation. - Liss

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
  11. Kev76

Kev76 Member

Holy devastation. We can't go to the Bus Stop this year as we have choice of going there or going to New York and Honolulu for three weeks. It was a tough choice but ...

But, I've contacted the caravan park to say that we won't need our site, R13. They tell me there's no waiting list. So if your after a site a late notice give them a call. Oh and enjoy the Bus Stop.

Bob

12. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Woohoo! Lewis & I have been put on the list, and we didn't even have to tell anyone. How good is that?!

Talk about the KC knowing all... :p

13. RedBaron

RedBaron Member

Saruman has many spies

14. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Latest list from the park

There are no changes in the Cabins and Ensuites but a few in the Riverwalk Section

If you have a KC login name you would prefer me to use, please let me know by PM.

[FONT=&amp]Riverwalk Sites[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]1 [/FONT][FONT=&amp]patricia turner
    2 ozzie
    3 david mcmahon
    4 peter j
    5 synchro 27
    6 dave, elsa & john
    7 kombimuso / tangles
    8 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]68bus, daisygirl & paul77[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]tom & sam[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    10 graeme wulfse

11 van housing / alice in kombiland
    12 mariestarr
    13 john doherty & cbus
    17 ???
    18 jaybone
    19 dannyred
    20 stevievw / understanding mercury
    21 andrew edwards
    44 VACANT
    45 VACANT
    49 kombi kapers
    50 alpal + john & christine
    51 bargearse / lewis
    52 ruby6689 / the dub driver
    53 golfy / douggieboy
    54 lumpybus / kombigal
    55 mish13
    56 sue green
    57 vwfreak
    58 tinbits
    59 vw-mike-1
    60 alec b
    61 stuart k
    62 darren burton[/FONT]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  15. beerdoc

beerdoc Active Member

I have been putting this reply off for as long as possible ( in the hope of things changing) but I can not find anyone to do my call outs while i would be away SO kaye and myself send ther appoligies for a no show

i know you guys and gals will have a ball and wish all the best and save travels

Hasta la vista

16. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Doc lives !!!! Will have to wait for the "dark n stormy" until Revolks. Stay safe. John Doherty in Adelaide:umm:

17. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Thats a shame Doc :(

18. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

:umm: BUGGER.....We will miss yours and Kaye's company

19. Van Housing

Damn, I was hoping to catch up with you, Kaye and your rust bucket of a kombi. ;) I know you guys are disappointed, but I am sure we will see you next year at the Bus Stop in Oodnadatta. :p

20. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

NBG Doc.
    Just wont the same without your claxton OooohAaaaah!