1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's coming and where are you staying?

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2013' started by ruby6689, May 21, 2012.

1. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Awesome! That was one of the sites we originally requested but they insisted via email that we had instead been allocated a large rig site with the same number, and charged us accordingly. Alice will ring them to confirm the actual site allocation as the difference adds up to a useful amount of extra pocket money. :)

2. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

DouggieBoy ( and other conveners ) A wee note to update you on " who & where ". CBus ( Col ) and I are sharing on site 13 from Wed pm until Mon am. I am cheating by flying in and borrowing wheels from Col. No coffee machine this year unfortunately. " Wet & Wild " remains problematic suggestive as it is for semi clad attire. At least from a fat old fool's perspective. Board shortz are de rigeur up there, so can hardly constitute Fancydress ? I am eating up a storm in training for Tug of War..I now am so big...I have my own climate ! I marvel at the collective miles travelled to get there...Tangles...VW freak etc.Safe travels to all as the annointed hour cometh! John Doherty in Adelaide:cool:

3. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

The fancy dress theme can be either 'wet' or 'wild' or both, that should make it a bit easier :)

Brad -I will sell tickets to watch you trying to get into your hammock while under the weather. I reckon it could be the makings of a finalist of 'Funny Home Videos'. At least you will be safe when the 'kombi rocking' starts. :lol:

John - I'll have a coffee machine with me and there is also a nice café on premise near the pool that makes a nice cup :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  4. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Not too safe - my wife would kick my arse:lol:

By the way folks - if you go onto ebay and type "wet costume" it takes you to the dark side.
    I think I just clicked 'Buy Now' and some wet look spandex:cry:

5. ruby6689

Can't wait to see that!

6. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Ummm... I think Brad doesn't get the "kombi rocking" reference Lorraine! LOL

As it is your first Bus Stop Brad - it is a bit of a tradition that some of the naughty ones sneak around the park during the weekend and just when you think you are safe and sound and probably almost asleep, your kombi suddenly starts rocking and you might hear some giggling from outside.

7. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Tom was a good one for the van rocking.

8. ruby6689

Yep definitely blame Tom, nothing to do with Judy or myself :lol: Sorry Brad I can se why your wife would not be impressed with the other 'rocking' :eek:

9. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Oh, in that case the hammock should protect.me good and proper.
    If anyone wants to try it out my bus is cream and has flowers all over it ;)

10. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Yeah right!!! Gees and I was gonna offer to help you make a costume but now....:mad:

Melissa and Lorraine just remember me and Daisy are sharing the space with Brad and being plastered, in a hammock and a rockin' Kombi means :barf:

11. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Yes... we know ;)

12. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Aw you naughty chicks - forewarned is forearmed!!!

Brad it looks like it's on before we even get to the Tug-o'-War :lol:

13. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Bugger!:cry:

14. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Try not worry my friend, I got plenty of paybacks I know of....let the games begin :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
  15. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

your kombi suddenly starts rocking and you might hear some giggling from outside.

Hmmmm that would never be a reference to Lorraine & I would it!!!...

We would never do anything like that!!!.....(Judy walks away sniggering under her breath...looking around for Tom to blame...)

16. Kombi Kapers

Kombi Kapers Active Member

Sorry you won't be with us this time Doc and Kaye, you've been stalwarts of KC and Busstop for a long time.
    When you organised a starter motor for me on the way to my first Busstop at Mt Gambier I truly understood then what the KC camaraderie is all about....so in your absence this year I think you should be annointed as special Busstop patrons in absentia for this year's event.
    We'll miss ya,...John

17. prone

prone Active Member

Hey all,

I am really disappointed. I have been having issues with my bus overheating which I have not been able to get fixed so I will not be able to drive up to the bus stop like I had planned. I will be joining my family on the flight up to the gold coast and we have hired a car for our stay. Anyway I'm still really looking forward to the trip and meeting everyone :)

18. ruby6689

That's the spirit, it doesn't matter if you have a kombi or not....ask us, Andy and I have been kombiless at a few Bus Stops but it didn't stop us from having a blast.

19. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

All packed & ready to roll !! We were going to leave today but life got in the way......all sorted now & looking forward to a leisurely run North.
    We'll be leaving in the morning & heading up the New England via Muswellbrook, Tenterfield, across to Ballina, & then on to Brissy.
    Cheers, Mark

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  20. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

I am going to do a test run tomorrow to the surf. Just tomake sure the bus will make it:lol: