1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's Coming and Where are you staying?

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2016' started by mish13, May 7, 2015.

1. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Kombi Club Bus Stop, Forbes 2016

25th-28th March

EVENT TIMELINE:

Friday 25th

· 9.45am Line up at park entrance for a 10am roll out to the Camel cup
    Forbes Race Course, Racecourse Road, Forbes

· Please make sure your Kombi’s are fueled up ready for our cruise on Saturday.

· 6.30pm Meet at Park kitchen for a meet and greet sausage sizzle, please bring your wallet and support the below charity by purchasing a sausage in bread.

Please support the Forbes Charity Canassist. They have generously agreed to come along and cook our sausage sizzle for the night. Canassist helps to raise money for people in the Forbes district suffering with cancer to travel to obtain treatment.

Saturday 26th

· 8.45am Line up at park entrance for a 9am roll out for our photo shoot and cruise,
    Location for the photo shoot is King Street Forbes

· 10.30am leave photo shoot to drive through Forbes Main Street then onto “The Dish”,
    585 Telescope Road, Parkes

· Purchase your own lunch, Roughly 50ks each way.

· 1.30pm be lined up ready to make our way back to Apex Caravan Park Forbes

· Please make sure if you have any Easter Eggs, that they have been given to Linda Hawkins (site 35) before going to dinner.

· 5pm Be at the bus, located at the entrance to the park, in your best Space costume, to board for our 10th Anniversary Gala Dinner at Forbes Golf & Sportsman’s Hotel, 17 Parkes road, Forbes

· 10pm sharp, Be ready to Board the bus back to Apex Caravan Park, if you are late you will need to make your own way back.

Sunday 27th

· 7am Meet in the camp kitchen for the children’s Easter egg hunt. Please don't forget to donate an egg or two for the Easter egg hunt even if you don't have children.

· Free time to check out Forbes and the Mcfeeters Motor Museum, Cnr Newell Hwy & Oxford street Forbes

· 2pm come along to the Kombi Toy Car races, located on the roadway within the Apex Park. You wont be disappointed, its lots of laughs, mixed with serious business.

Monday 28th

· For those leaving, pack up and safe travels

· For those staying your organized activates are over so sit back and relax.

:):D:eek::p

2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm starting to get really excited now, great program of events for the weekend :D

Ninga, melissa and mish13 like this.
  3. MAP77

MAP77 Well-Known Member

What a fun filled and packed schedule - is there time to sleep on the weekend?

ruby6689 likes this.
  4. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Plenty of time to sleep when you get home :p:p

Grantus, ruby6689 and MAP77 like this.
  5. Joy Kombi Wolfsburg

Joy Kombi Wolfsburg Well-Known Member

A suggestion has been made. Thank you, Wilbur (Anita)! Would you like to make the meet and greet hippy themed????? Went shopping with her after the Bundy Volks run. I'm pretty sure I know why. Darn we got some nice stuff!!!!!

6. Graeme Rumph

Graeme Rumph New Member

Hi John

I see from the thread that you have room for another Kombi and tent. Was wondering if we could discuss this.

My name is Graeme Rumph and I am a new member from the Central Coast.

Please call me on 0431 424 496.

Cheers

Graeme

ruby6689 likes this.
  7. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Hi Graeme, I will get back to you later this morning. I have a list of members that are happy to share, will talk to you later.

8. Ian crossley

Ian crossley New Member

Booked an unpowered site, Ian, Georgie (daughter) and Charlie (hound), I'm assuming we won't get be able to take the dog in with us to the Camel Cup, does anyone know?

9. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Dogs can go but must be on a lead and kept near where the Kombi's are located. They cannot go anywhere near the camels, incase they spook them.

ruby6689 likes this.
  10. Ian crossley

Ian crossley New Member

Great thanks, not sure we will get there in time for the Cup unfortunately. Should arrive around lunchtime Friday.

11. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

No problem, thanks for logging in here and updating your details. :)

ruby6689 likes this.
  12. Tickle

Tickle Active Member

Hi Ian,

If you would like to go to the dinner, could you please transfer money ASAP. There is a seperate thread with all the deatails.

ruby6689 likes this.
  13. Komb_kruiser_chick

Komb_kruiser_chick Member

hey there :) I am coming and am looking for somewhere to stay. I have spoke with apex and theyre booked out. I will put my name on their cancelation list tomoro and just hope for the best.

14. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

I will call the park tomorrow and see what I can do

15. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Just looked at the temperature at the moment in Forbes and its 39deg. So fingers crossed it will cool down a bit before we arrive

Debstar, Ninga and Komb_kruiser_chick like this.
  16. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

We had 31 today and hotter tomorrow, with mid to high 30's for the next 7 days............ and the average daily high temp for now is usually 25:confused:

Hopefully just a late burst summer rolling over into autumn, to then settle down. ;)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    mish13, Ninga and Komb_kruiser_chick like this.
  17. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Our space costumes are not designed for high temps :D
    PS. 23 more sleeps!

18. Komb_kruiser_chick

cool thanks heaps :)
    hey there, ive put my name on a cancelation list and Amanda also said to speak with you as im willing to share a site. I only have my kombi, power isn't necessary and ill have my two little dogs!
    oh and should I book into the park across the road anyway? and what are they called?

19. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

No need to book the other park, I spoke with Amanda at the park today and they will fit you in. They are going to work out the unpowered area in the next couple of days and she said she would work in one more van. I will get you to phone her but just wait till I get back to you

Ninga, Grantus and ruby6689 like this.
  20. Komb_kruiser_chick

oh wow, thankyou so much!!!!

mish13 likes this.