1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's Coming and Where are you staying?

Discussion in 'The Kombi Club Bus Stop 2016' started by mish13, May 7, 2015.

1. Charles Blaxland

Charles Blaxland New Member

Hi all, I'm a brand new Kombi owner and will be attending bus stop for the first time with my wife and daughter. Looking forward to meeting everyone! We'll be arriving on Friday night and departing Sunday, staying on one of the unpowered sites. I know I'm a bit late to the party, so apologies for the inconvenience to the organisers. I'll get some money for Saturday dinner transferred ASAP. Anything else I need to do?

mish13 and Tickle like this.
  2. stusbus

stusbus Well-Known Member

Now only 20 days till we leave for "BUS STOP" :D
    That is of course "Marley" is ready !!:oops:

Ninga and ruby6689 like this.
  3. Tickle

Tickle Active Member

Hi Charles,
    Please transfer money for dinner asap as numbers have to be in shortly, please post on the thread "busstop dinner" to let me know when you have paid and for how many etc

mish13 and ruby6689 like this.
  4. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

Doing an excellent job Mish!

mish13 and ruby6689 like this.
  5. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Hi Charles, thanks for adding yourself here and we look forward to meeting you. We plan to have a sausage sizzle at 6.30 Friday night so hopefully you will be there in time. At this bus stop we have a charity coming along to cook for us, so there will be a small charge for a sausage in bread.
    Dont forget Saturday night is fancy dress with a Space theme and we ask for donations of an easter egg or two, to donate to the easter egg hunt on Sunday morning.
    Sorry to bombard you with everything at once :)

ruby6689 and Grantus like this.
  6. Charles Blaxland

Thanks for the info mish, looking forward to it. My rugrat will enjoy the easter-egg hunt, so will definitely bring a stash. Not sure what time we'll get there on Friday, but expect it will be before 6:30.

Ninga and mish13 like this.
  7. Komb_kruiser_chick

Komb_kruiser_chick Member

howdy, where are you travelling from?

stusbus likes this.
  8. Charles Blaxland

We'll be coming from northern Sydney (Berowra).

9. Komb_kruiser_chick

im coming from the central coast. do you want a travelling buddy? im travelling alone. we could meet somewhere close to you?

10. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Just checking if anyone has decided to cancel in the past week or so, if you have please let me know.

Help support our charity sausage sizzle on Friday night all proceeds going to CanAssit cancer charity. Cost $3 per sausage sandwich.

Also don't forget to throw in a couple of Easter Eggs, to go towards our Easter egg hunt for the kids on Sunday morning.

Komb_kruiser_chick and ruby6689 like this.
  11. Charles Blaxland

Sure that sounds great, we'd love to have some company on the road. I've sent you a private message with our details.

Komb_kruiser_chick likes this.
  12. Komb_kruiser_chick

Hi
    :) hi.
    The park called me yesterday and let me know they have an unpowered site for me :) pretty stoked!!! Not sure of site number tho lol. Thanks for your help!

ruby6689 and melissa like this.
  13. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

That's ok, unpowered don't have numbers. I asked Amanda to give you a call so you knew your booking was confirmed. Glad you can join us.

Komb_kruiser_chick and ruby6689 like this.
  14. Roo

Roo Active Member

Hi @mish13 I can now confirm (having secured a couple of days off!!) that we will be attending the Camel Cup on Friday, staying Fri. night at the Big 4 and returning home on Saturday evening. Won't be able to attend the dinner unfortunately.
    We being: Roo, Alison, Will, Tahlia & Aimee.

ruby6689 likes this.
  15. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Not long to go now everyone, just a few things to remember.
    Your fancy dress outfit
    Some Easter eggs to donate to the Easter egg hunt on Sunday morning, please drop them to Linda ( our resident Easter Bunny) on site 31
    Your toy kombi's if you plan to join the kombi toy races on Sunday, even if you are not racing please come and cheer people on.
    Some money to buy a sausage in bread on Friday night, from the Forbes Cancer Charity canAssist. If you don't want to eat meat on good Friday, please bring a coin donation to help them out. It all goes to help families in Forbes diagnosed with cancer.
    I will be handing out a bag containing some information about Forbes and the surrounding area. Also in the bag will be name tags for you all to wear, this not only helps new members to get to know people. It also identifies who has paid for dinner on Saturday night, and what dinner you require. In the back of your name tag is your lucky door prize ticket, this will be drawn during our gala dinner.
    Cant wait to see everyone, and to showcase the town where my story began. :D

Shaun likes this.
  16. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Th
    Thanks Roo for all the names, I will make you up some name tags make sure you drop by site 40 to pick them up.

17. Roo

Roo Active Member

Will do, thanks mish.

mish13 likes this.
  18. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

We made it safely to Forbes and just a couple of observations since our arrival.
    One and an extremely important one, we are right beside the Lachlan river and it is flowing. Please those with children. know where they are at all times. We do not want to have any tragedies.
    Also bring some warm clothes, the days are beautiful but nights and especially mornings are cold. Especially for us Queenslanders.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    Ninga, wenmac and ruby6689 like this.
  19. Goymarr

Goymarr Member

I'm not sure but I may be the first casualty of the trip. Left Melbourne yesterday afternoon but only got an hour out before the bus shut down. Had to get a tow back to Melbourne and had someone come over and look for the problem but no luck. Will have to go in to someone that knows what they are doing next week. So alas I am not going to make it :( devastated does not seem to express my feelings at the moment. I have called the Park to let them know. So if there is anyone that needs a site, my powered site has become available.

20. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

That's terrible mate, hope you get it all sorted out ok.