1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wild weather-Victoria

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by evan&janine, May 3, 2016.

1. evan&janine

evan&janine Active Member

With the latest onslaught of wild weather predicted for Victoria, lets be dilligent and keep all our ' Beloved vwees safe and sound ' hope everyone has a good day, cheers.
    Evan and Janine .

2. roverbay

roverbay Active Member

to all the Victorians be safe I hope you all get through this with not to much damage or injuries

3. Jo Ellen Keddie

Jo Ellen Keddie Member

It's the same in Tassie, we need the rain but the wind is a pain. Take it easy kombi cruisers, very dangerous conditions

4. evan&janine

Hope you got through today Jo Ellen and all is well in your neck of the woods and welcome to kc from us in sunny brissy.
    Regards Evan and Janine.

Jo Ellen Keddie likes this.
  5. Jo Ellen Keddie

Jo Ellen Keddie Member

Yes all good, quite a few places have no power and trees down everywhere. No one hurt which is the main thing.

6. evan&janine

Read your post on bus resto, my 2 cents worth , trust is such a biggie , as $ always go fast, i recently got the t3, had hoped to replace single weber carb with dual set up got prices from around the country, 1200.00 ono, but had compression test showed 0 in head 1/3 , so out with 2lt engine, and top end rebuild, plus other maintenance jobbies. Cost 4400.00 plus rego, plus ins, so now i had the get to know you clean of t3, mats out, wash clean, the brush floors, etc etc etc, i find a good way to get tactile with pony. I wish you well as you go , there are some good books on forum just use search , remember to play the game youve got to know the rules and the players. Regards Evan and Janine.

7. Jo Ellen Keddie

Jo Ellen Keddie Member

Yes money does seem to flow quite quickly in the wrong direction when doing work on her, but it is rewarding knowing that I'm keeping her on the road where she belongs. I've replaced the 1800 motor with a 2 ltr and she purrs like a kitten now. That wasn't cheap, next is body work and the interior, I may have just sold my motor bike so the money from that will fund the next stage. Finding the right people to do the job at a reasonable rate is an issue, because I'm female I think people try to take advantage. So I'm very happy to get any advice from kc along the way. Cheers Jo

8. evan&janine

You sound like an old hand, and project is moving in the right direction, we are planning some future work, the usual stuff, but im not working atm so just enjoying the t3 shape and waiting for carby guru to sort carb, and my daily driver will be utillsed for all the activities in between, cant wait, Jen said we could do the drive in thing, i said i fit tv and mattress in back , you get some bevvies and snackies. She didnt see the whimsical side of my comments. Anyway im into my beauty sleep, so chat again. Thanks for sharing.

9. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Hello Jo,
    Nothing wrong with being female. In fact had I any choice in the matter, that would have been my preference. I tire of being held accountable for the evil acts of my gender since the crucifixion..... And possibly before then.
    Perversely, excited and relieved for you, that you have sold your motorbike. In my line of work we called motorcyclists "temporary Australians" but then again you can never have too many "organ donors"
    Mordred.....Adrian... A super " Goderator "in our fabulous collective is quite apart from one of the nicest men I've ever met, a freak'n genius on our mechanical steeds. He is unstinting in his patience and willingness to help.
    Disappointingly....to many.... He saved my life at the Swann reach bus stop..... By fixing the Molotov cocktail my rear engine had turned into.
    I remain in his debt..... Frustratingly.... But I am sure I will get over it.
    If you get a chance, and should find your way near Hobart at any time, I encourage you to make his acquaintance.

This forum and indeed this club are one of the best things I have discovered in the recent decade. Tasmania is well represented.
    I wish you very best of luck but please do not consider your money to be flowing in the wrong direction. You cannot walk into a supermarket these days without being assaulted by Kombi trivia and when the advertising world use our mechanical steeds to flog their wares, you know you are on a collectible.
    Please keep us updated...... and hope I meet you one day.
    JD in Adelaide :cool:

Jo Ellen Keddie likes this.