Windscreen Washer Help Please!

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by talkingdreams, Feb 6, 2007.

1. ahoogah

ahoogah New Member

no pics, but a fairly straight forward job, just need to be careful pulling the mechanism apart, there are a couple of springs under tension .

2. Doc

Doc Active Member

Ray have you been taking writing lessons fro Necro?
    I'd like a remote contol one for when Kombidaughter takes KombilessworthlessnotgoodenoughoranythingelseIcanadd boyfriend out in Kombidads very precious vehicle, so as to dampen their enthusiasm.

3. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

Bump.

I'm planning to have a go at fixing my washers this week and not looking to fit an electric pump at this stage. I just intend to trace the tubing and replace if necessary.

Uh, how do I remove the plastic from around the steering colum where the wiper switch is, so I can get in there?

Thanks,

Baz

4. dadofotis

dadofotis New Member

Hi Matt, do you know how your mechanic fixed this? have exactly the same thing happening to me and apparently I need the washer to be working for roadworthy.

5. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

6. dadofotis

dadofotis New Member

thanks Barry, have autoelect working on a few things so will get him to set up an electric one such a shame but seems like its going to be the only way to get it done before friday. that link was well detailed though, such an odd setup

7. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

You can always go back after you get rego if you want originality
    Personally i prefer reliability :)

Syncro27 likes this.
  8. merrymike

merrymike New Member

If you want to go down the electric route, Just Kampers have a conversion kit that fits in the spot where the OG pressurised system goes.

http://www.justkampers.com.au/211-9...ilt-in-electric-pump-vw-t2-bay-1967-1979.html

Definitely going to be more expensive than cobbling together bits and pieces from Repco, but at least you won't have the running around to do.

FWIW I quite like the air pump system - topping it up and pressurising it is part of the tyre check ritual, or when it runs dry it's a good reminder to check the tyres as well. Mine works perfectly. It's also a little bit of mechanical fun to show your friends.

9. dadofotis

dadofotis New Member

Thanks for your reply mike, had to take the old girl to get brake switch and reverse lights fixed got my local auto elec to throw a pump in and let him deal with it all at a great price too.

David H likes this.