1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Witnessed a kombi assault first hand.

Discussion in 'Kombi Spotting' started by Sheriff, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

I have just returned from South America. I was in Buenos Airies and was fascinated by how close people park to each other. And by close I mean a cm!
    I was walking along a street and sure enough saw a woman retunr to her car wedged...with not an inch of space between a Renault and a Kombi (from Brazil of course).
    Woman jumps in her car...backs up the one inch onto the kombi's bumper...revvs the car and just pushes it backwards out of the way. She then nudges forward, does the same to the car, reverses back...rocks the poor old kombi back by another few inches and continues this process until she is out. Apparently...that is how everybody parks...and leaves. Can you imagine if you returned to your Kombi in Oz and saw that going on :eek: :mad: :words:
    Rich

2. vinny

vinny Active Member

witnessed the exact same thing thing when I was in Marseille, France. crazy stuff. I have never seen anyone park like a frenchman before, unreal.

3. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

well I'll never complain about how small some of the car parks are around here ever again.

You'd want front and back nudge bars for sure then.

4. car_freak_tim with kombi

car_freak_tim with kombi New Member

Thats out of control, why would anyone want to do that to a kombi. :lol:

5. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

spent a couple of weeks there....mad..mad..mad...although i didnt see ant crashes...lots of beeping and no indicators....witnessed 10 cars abreast on a 8 lane road:wtf: cant wait to get back:heart:

6. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Welcome home Rich...that's a crazy story mate.
    So they take the word 'bumper' to the extreme hey!

7. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

:eek: I would have a nervous breakdown, I am so fussy about parking to make sure I don't even get a door nick :lol:

:heart: Nice to have you back Rich, been way too long.

8. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Welcome back Rich! :) It seems you chose a great time to visit Argentina, I am sure they were all going football-mad over there!

9. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Great to see you around again Rich. You just disappeared off the face of the earth after you sold the Hamburg. Welcome back. :)

Does your return mean we might be following a split resto thread soon? ;)

10. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

Hello mate,

I have been wandering around in the background :cool: ...so much happenning that some things just had to go on the back burner! Missed my kombi buddies too much though and in order to restore some balance...here I am!

I have been looking at your camping pics, you guys have quite the set up going now!!! We will have to catch up at an event so you can fill me in on the Eurpoean adventure plans!

I will shortly embark on the next wave of resto action. Re-upholstery, door cards - kick panels and head panels, bumper resto, some new glass and rubbers, a paint treatment (keeping original paint for now) and we'll damn near be roadworthy!

Look forward to catching up and hearing all the adventure stories!
    Rich

11. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

OMG Woz, we followed the victories! We were in Argentina for 2 of their wins and then in a small town in Uruguay for their last one. The joint went OFF...it was crazy. The timing wasnt intentional either...it just worked out that way!

I dont feel like I have been far away from you and Alice, Sim keeps me posted from the Facebook updates :) Look forward to seeing you in person!

12. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Sounds like you had a ball! I must admit, I am quite jealous - Alice suggested we should "gatecrash" some of the football parties in town to enjoy some of the atmosphere, but that would be nothing like actually being there.

Hmmm Facebook updates ..... lol, we post some pretty "random" stuff there! :lol: Great to know though that you have been staying in close contact - I look forward to catching up in person again one day soon.