Xmas camp/Run to the hills

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by stusbus, May 7, 2016.

1. Tocutta

Tocutta New Member

Hi all! Been a while since we've been on but is the Christmas RUN still a go? 26/27 Nov?

James and Liani..

2. Tocutta

Tocutta New Member

and...Canungra Show grounds?

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Yep to both.
    Check coming events for details as it gets closer

Tocutta likes this.
  4. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Hi Brad,
    I'm in Cardiff Newcastle with a 20 yr old daughter whom loves dogs & not going to Bus Stop. She's got a bischone frieze (french ratter for castles & small white & fast). What sort of dog do you have? We are going to Bus Stop 2017 (site 227) & could host your dog for you if your dog is not a great dane! Oh ....I'm the clutch cable guy but I'm sure we can both get past that! Secure yard on the bush.
    Cheers,
    David H

5. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Thanks David.
    As it is I don't the the ig trip in on the cards now. We have been planning a big reno for a year and I think I will be kicking off just before Easter. And as I am the builder I have to be there I guess.
    I will see what we end up doing with trip and dog etc. And no great dane. My last one was a malamute so we went smaller this time with an Aussie Shepherd. Easier to manage.

6. stusbus

stusbus Well-Known Member

Only 3 weeks to go now folks ! So if you are keen to come along & up for a bit of Kombi fun with a great bunch of people you are more than welcome to come & join us !! If you can only make it for 1 night or even just a day trip it would be great to see you either way !!

Arriving Friday 25th through to Sunday the 27th November
    There may even be a special appearance by Santa (for the kids) if you would like to get your kids a gift to be handed out by Santa , please wrap it & put your child's name on it & give it to me & I'll see that Santa gets it !! For the BIG kids there will be a secret Santa ! So you will need to buy a gift ($10 min) for the same sex as you !! So if you would like to receive a pressie then you will need to bring 1 along !! :p
    Looking forward to seeing you all there should be a great weekend! :D

Joy Kombi Wolfsburg likes this.
  7. rubymulley

rubymulley Member

Stu,
    We now have a few from the Bayside Kombi Kruisers.
    Can we please add the following people to the list:
    Matt and family
    Graham and Rose
    Rob and Broni

stusbus likes this.
  8. stusbus

Sounds great I'll add them on !!

9. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Well it if official. I am going to be braving it solo with the kids.
    I am not sure if I will be coming down Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. I will try for Friday and we will just keep it basic.
    As such there is a high likely hood I will head to the cunungra pub for dinners as I don't really feel like dragging a heap of camping equipment. Just a credit card and some easy day food.

Stu, if possible could you reserve me a spot close enough to the camp fire that I can put the kids to bed in the kombi but still be within ear shot whilst having a few quite wines with you lot in the night. Does not have to be right in the mix but just not the other side of the camping area. You know the drill now your a father mate, too close and they learn interesting words, to far and the dingos get them.

Also, on a side note, my computer is telling me that I spelt Cunungra wrong. If I right click for spelling options it only comes up with one 'Ungraceful'. My computer is smart or has been to a kombi meet before.

cbus, stusbus and oldman like this.
  10. stusbus

No worries Brad consider it done mate ! Oh & it's spelt Canungra so yeah your computer is pretty smart !!! Look forward to seeing you & the kids there !! ;)

68BUS likes this.
  11. Lumpybus

Lumpybus Member

Going to try to make it if I can get TCB sorted out.

12. stusbus

Good luck getting things sorted should be a good weekend !! ;)

13. paul77

paul77 Well-Known Member

If I get my act together you can share some lamb roast on Saturday night. Otherwise I may be joining you at the pub.

14. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Mmmmm, Lamb roast, served in an air conditioned bus. I am liking this glamping thing :)

paul77 likes this.
  15. stusbus

I spoke to the Caretaker yesterday & we're all good to go ! See you there !!:D

68BUS and cbus like this.
  16. stusbus

Just a quick note to those of you that are musically talented if you could bring your instrument/s of choice along for a bit of a JAM session that'd be great !! ;) If your lucky enough I may even bring my Triangle & belt out a solo !! :p

17. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Hey Stu, given you have checked the place out you are my go to man.
    The pub appears to be about 1km away from camp. I figure if I go there for a dinner it is an easy stroll for adult legs but I was wondering if I was better throwing the pram or scooter/cars in for the kids.
    Are there pathways or is it rough / gravel to get there?
    Thanks mate.

stusbus likes this.
  18. vassy69SC

vassy69SC Active Member

Looking forward to it!
    Trish and I will be bringing our guitar, ukulele and keyboard along for sing along :D

stusbus likes this.
  19. stusbus

Yes mate totally understand !!;)
    We will be taking a pram/bike for the journey to town for Natalie !
    It is a little rough on the way in & no footpaths as such till you get into town !
    Usually pretty quiet on the roads out there!! :)

20. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Sweet. thanks mate. happy to leave Eli's car at home anyways. he stacked it the other day and lost some bark on his arm that opened up again this afternoon. probably best not ro do it again.