1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yellow bay on eBay

Discussion in 'Buying and selling help' started by islandman, Mar 3, 2011.

1. islandman

islandman Member

Hi just been watching a yellow bay on eBay over last few months it started with pics of what looks to be a shell and was asking 20k then every 2 weeks or so it relists with more work that has been done, think it's in burleigh is it just me or does it seem very odd advertising a car that's obviously no were near finished and asking top dollar as well ??

2. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Dont think i could make a bid whilst the vehicle is still getting done up.

He also has a valiant on ebay also in the same state as the kombi.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VC-VALIANT-SAFARI-STATIONWAGON-/150570689038?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item230eb6620e

3. devon

devon Member

Buyer beware:mad: :mad:

4. Surfpig

Surfpig Member

there is a massive thread about this guy, dont buy from him.
    a mod will post something soon

5. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

K.I.P. again? :rolleyes:

6. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Can neither confirm or deny Don...

7. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

That's a no comment from me too, Mr.Ward.

8. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

As with any vehicle purchase - Buyer Beware.

The Adminstrators & Moderators have put up threads on buying a Kombi and what to look out for as GUIDES ONLY and it is up to the individual to make all enquiries they consider necessary and make prudent judgements + DO NOT start crying you weren't warned as there is no one to blame but ones self.

There has been a company that has closed and were operating under a similar scenario of pay now get your Kombi later (much later or never in some cases).

Tread cautiously, ask for receipts on appropriate company paper with ABN etc, pay in instalments upon completion of agreed (in writing) milestones. If you supply a vehicle record all vital inforamtion such as VIN, Engine number, what was in/on the car and photograph if it all as proof and obtain a receipt when you drop it of - if the restorer does not agree then look elsewhere - make decision with your head and not your heart.