1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yerranderie

Discussion in 'NSW' started by AnnaBay73, May 5, 2015.

1. AnnaBay73

AnnaBay73 New Member

Hi, my wife and I headed for Yerranderie in the southern Blue Mountains. We left Wollongong up Macquarie Pass to Goulburn and stayed the night at Taralga. No caravan parks here but you can stay at the local showground. To get to Yerranderie involves 70km of gravel road and return the same way as Yerranderie is the end of the road. Most of the dirt road is 2nd gear, lots of bends and inclines, so you need plenty of time.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ]

melissa likes this.
  2. AnnaBay73

AnnaBay73 New Member

Hi, I am trying to get the hang of posting pictures.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

peter drogi likes this.
  3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Glad you made the big creek crossing.
    nice country . [In summer :D]

4. AnnaBay73

AnnaBay73 New Member

You have a choice of free camping near the old courthouse or pay for a shower and a spot near the post office. We walked up the nearby peak for some views and rode the bikes to the old cemetry. Next day we headed for Oberon for one night, then home to Anna Bay. Yerranderie feels remote but is only 160 km from the Sydney Harbour Bridge as the crow flies.

5. AnnaBay73

AnnaBay73 New Member

Yeah, touch and go on the creek crossing, but you do need to check road and weather conditions before you go. Road surface is bit boney in places, but no problems if you take your time.

6. AnnaBay73

AnnaBay73 New Member

Lawnmower at Taralga showground
    [​IMG]

7. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Nice account of a great looking run.
    Thanks for posting the pics.
    Cheers,
    Mark

8. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Looks like a good easy drive.

Was this just after the big storms or before it?

The syncro nutters are keen to traverse this general area and I was wondering what the tracks were like.

I expected lots of trees down over the tracks after that ridonculous storm and quite washed away tracks.

9. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. Great pics!:)

Nice to see roos beside a stationery Kombi, rather than in front of a moving one....:oops:

10. Gerry and Robyn

Gerry and Robyn Active Member

Hi AnnaBay73, that's a great shot of the kangaroos.

11. AnnaBay73

AnnaBay73 New Member

This was back in March before the storms. There are a few options in the area for syncros, such as Wobeyan Caves to the Oberon Stock Route via the Range Trail. The Kowmung Fire Trail to Kanangra Walls Rd is probably more suited to typical 4wd vehicles with some serious steep grades and a river crossing. I knew these tracks really well 20 years ago but could not vouch for their current conditon. Best to speak to NPWS rangers at Oberon on 63361972.