1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Kids in Kombis

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by kombicam, Aug 8, 2007.

1. kombicam

kombicam Member

I haven't kicked off any of these thread thingos so I thought today could be the day......
    Anyway.... we have pics of our buses, pics of ourselves but I have not been able to find anything that shows pics of our adorable (yes they can be) yet time consuming offspring...
    I have noticed a common influence that is undoubtably Kombi love being passed from generation to generation.My kids all know Bays vs Splitties, beetle cars Vs new beetle cars etc

I have the typical "McKay family love" of VWs, kombis mostly, developed from an early introduction to holidaying in a bus and my Dad being a very capable mechanic and bit of a hoon.

When I work out how to post pics I will submit my tribe to the forum but in the meantime lets see who the next wave of Kombi lovers will be.

I look forward to seeing the next 'Love Generation'.....
    keep well

2. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Excellent idea Cam...i'll look into that because i have a million of my little girl but not a single shot of her with Bessie.:)

3. hoops

hoops New Member

No Chance!!!

My son, (17yrs) won't have a bar of my Kombi and I can't remember if he has ever been in it. As for a photo of him anywhere near Miss Phantom -NO Chance at all.

I guess he just hasn't got the "Love".

I JuSt DoN'T UnDeRStanD????????

4. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

great thread you started here cam.

i will endeavor to get a pic of 2 of my youngest grandkids sitting in the front of bessie tomorrow, when the daughter comes around and gets cathy to go shopping with her.

cheers brian

5. Mafti

Mafti New Member

We have a game we play in the car. It's called "Kombi, Kombi, I saw it first" It started with the kids arguing over who spotted a kombi before the other kid. So the rules are you must say the above phrase in it's entirity to score then you keep tabs on your tally and at the end of the trip the one with the highest score is the winner. It amuses the kids and I even find myself saying it when I'm driving along on my own.

Mafti

[​IMG]

My kids in the D.C

6. joel268

joel268 New Member

it has only been one hour and there have been four posts already. well done.

7. Littleozzybloke

Littleozzybloke New Member

what a great idea....it's just a touchy area having our kids pix online...depends on the ages i suppose...as KC is open to the public.

I promised our kombi loving daughter (who's had a couple of kombi's) that our bus will go to her if anything happens to me...and she's to pass it on down the line...never to be sold outside the family. (for as long as they can keep it going and together!)

aint that love?:cool:

8. joel268

joel268 New Member

no five posts

9. joel268

joel268 New Member

8 posts now!!

10. kombicam

kombicam Member

Touchy area

Being a Dad of 3 (quite protective and aware)I did consider that some people may have concerns so if you have concerns don't post pics of your kids....simple as a pimple. Good to see you are keeping it in the family!!!

Mafti...you have the same setup in the DC as i do 3 across the back

HOOPS he is seventeen and way too cool, a couple of years might be all it needs..

BrianK ...hope to see the generations on the bus....

everyone keep well

11. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

[​IMG]

Our 4yo Ruby - best little Kombi spotter in BrisVegas! Don't have a photo of the 2 boys in Lola, but will rectify that situation at some stage.

12. sam and kirk

sam and kirk Member

Jake in our Kombi

Thats something I dont have many pictures of either, we all seem to take pictures of the outsides of our Kombis, but not of the little treasures we carry inside! This is a pic of Jake about a year ago, and I think Caleb was the passenger!!
    [​IMG]

13. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

nice pics guys, you must apllaud parents of the wee ones who seem to be happy sitting in the old folks bus.

cheers brian

14. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

You've heard of the song "Murder on The Dancefloor"...well try "Murder on The Backseat".. thats what its like in our Kombi's if we don't split them up. The very back seat was folded down for this trip to Valla Beach so they had to sit together...you can tell how thrilled they were....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Baldwithabeard

Baldwithabeard Active Member

Not quite in it but surely you'll let me have this one ?? if only coz their cute ??
    [​IMG]

16. kombicam

kombicam Member

excellent so far

Congrats you guys.. great photos so far..
    They dont have to be in the Kombi if that makes it easier and yes there are cute baldwithabeard.
    Mel good to see you know the pain of 3 across the back when its a long drive..
    I crossed Oz with 3 kids between 2 kombis and the ability to seperate them was a great sanity saver..
    What a top little driver you got there Sam and Kirk..I wonder if he'll get pulled over one day for driving dads kombi on the beach and soaking the wallopers??

Anyway great to see that we can share yet something else we love (almost as much as our Kombis) in this space.
    Keep well

17. phantom

phantom Member

I'd like to raise the stakes a bit....please note that the picture below not only shows both of my kids in our DoubleCab, it shows them working in it to make it clean as we got it road ready. And they're teenagers!

[​IMG]

18. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

Hmm.. none IN the kombi, but one on top of it.
    And Phantom, to equal the stakes, he was working... we were sanding the roof before we painted Luigi his current dual colours.

Oldest of 5 and a damn fine lad! :)

Attached Files:

• aaa.jpg
      aaa.jpg
      File size:
      39.8 KB
      Views:
  19. kommodius

kommodius Active Member

Da Boyz and da Bus:
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah, you want "working on a Kombi" pics
    A younger Gypsy pulling a carb apart:
    [​IMG]

Ray & da Boyz

20. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

Two bambinos, one wife and one sister in law...

[​IMG]