Your Special Moments of Canberra...

Discussion in 'The First national Kombi Club Bus Stop 2007' started by The Dub Driver (Byronbug), Apr 15, 2007.

1. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Your Highlights on Canberra...
    Ok list your "special Moments" while you where at Canberra...
    uummm let me think...
    One of them for me was the sticker on the Volvo at the picnic....now that was funny
    Lorraine & Doc (Andy) sending up Roy with their medical procedure...then Necro topped it off with the torch....so funny.
    Wheres me Busssss....just classic.
    & just getting to know many of you even more....
    Judy x

2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Gee Judy you just about summed it up, but I must add having Necro greet us in full clown costume! We would have never recoginsed him otherwise!.........................Lorraine

3. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

I agree with the previous moments - they were all classic - and would also add:

The funny hat night / music fest on Saturday...

Driving in convoy through Canberra, lights ablaze...

Tom having a whistle put into Schmo's exhaust-pipe, and Kieren trying to solve the apparent problem with WD40...

4. kommodius

kommodius New Member

Gypsy reckons that his favourite bits were, the Hall shinanigans and Saturday's jam session.
    Tamas sez his favourite thing was catching up with Banjo!
    My favourite was the cruise through Canberra to the picnic and the joy of meeting such excellent folks.

Ray & da Boyz

5. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Its really hard to pick out any special moments...the whole weekend was very special... I loved meeting everyone (including the ones I had already met before) and just seeing the excited faces!
    It's been so hard to concentrate this past week on anything but KC and Canberra.

That sticker episode was a golden moment...it will go down in KC history... along with Tommy's answer for KG.... and Roys bus getting pinched.
    My biggest hope is that next year will be just as good, if not better :)

6. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Yes Lorraine I agree...our "clown" greeting was fantastic.
    Thanks to Necro for all the trouble you went to to make everyones arrival & afterwards such fun....
    Your a STAR!!
    Judy :)

7. TasDeb

TasDeb New Member

Yea Necro was a hoot, and I loved being adopted by the Victorian crew, the best for me the drums, the drums when there is silence and I listen real hard I can still hear them it was fantastic. It was my first experience of drumming circles and I loved it, thanks guys

8. Marty

Marty Active Member

Another great moment was as we were convoying up we saw a Highway Patrol car with an officer in it holding his speed camera. As soon as he saw us he put down his camera and turned around. (Come on.. we COULD have been speeding!!)

Another highlight was seeing so many people get so serious about toy kombi races.:D

9. Alice in Kombiland

Alice in Kombiland Well-Known Member

I had never driven a kombi before, so my highlight was being able to practice the kombi wave....going through Canberra with 32 other kombis I was teary and waved at everyone. I loved seeing the looks of shock, excitment, and glee from all those we passed.

10. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

We agree with all of the above and cant stop laughing about the police man.

What really springs to mind now is everytime I read a lot of the posts I can put a face to the name, how good is that.
    Cant wait to see you all again next year where ever that might be.

Cheers for now Michelle & Adrian

11. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Another highlight was on the few occasions when kombis got into trouble, and everyone rushed to help...

...and the great hospitality, generosity and friendliness of everyone!

12. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

the whole experience just truely amazing
    1 meeting up with such a wonderfull crew
    2 watching rev come round the corner from the rec hall and saying wheres
    me bus ! , but looking at me and i copped it !
    3 the kombi convoys simply the best
    4 the many musicians who performed in the paddock tent , and at one
    stage you could hear a pin drop
    5 the kombi banter and looking at vans
    6 the quiz night and prizes
    7 schmoo and the whistle god i have to go buy some rp7
    8 scotty and my self rocking kombis
    9 smelling cammos brakes at the base of black mt , wonder what the
    wheel bearing grease looks like geoff .
    10 thanks kombi dad for that secret camping spot !
    11 beating his reverence at the quiz night , but failing to know what kg is in kombi terms ans was kahmain ghia see dont even know how to spell it some sort of expensive sort after vw , i damn well thought it was kombi guru .
    i could go on and on just the best ! time ever ! thank you all

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  13. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

Let's see... rearranging Tommy's interior, burying his wine, stealing his fire extinguisher and hiding his coil lead was a lot of fun! :D

"Where's Me Bus???" was priceless!

The Toy Kombi Drags were a hoot...

The Kombi rockings were fun... particularly when Mafti decided that Amanda had some non-existant guy in her Kombi on Sunday and we decided to cause some mischief... only to find out later that there was no guy at all! TAnd the sound of laughter from Suzie when tom got rocked was kinda ammusing... but that was maybe cos I was tipsy!

Following Natalie and Necro around a small roundabout 4 times in succession whilst they were looking for directions was incredibly entertaining. :eek:

Being part of a 38-strong Kombi convoy through the nations capitol is something i wouldnt have missed for the world!

The Cornish bloke with the blue T3 attaching Carolin's brand new emblem with velcro after 2 of the clips broke was quite funny... Kombi drivers certainly are resourceful!

Woz ingesting poo with his red wine whilst arguing about the year model of Amanda's bus! :D

The few mechanical incidents... fuel solenoids, clutch cables etc.. annoying at the time but i think they served to bring us all closer together. The teamwork and willingness to help out was amazing... even Tom picked up spanners and twiddled with a dodgy weber in between planting a whistle in my zorst! :D

Marty pinching BC and hence making me walk all the way down to the tent sites holding me dacks up due to leaving me belt in the van when I went to take a shower!

I have to make mention of the whistle incident I guess as a highlight too hehe... certainly gave me a nasty shock at first till I caught the smirks on various parties faces when the 5.56 on the fanbelt did nothing to stop the din!

On the whole tho... I'd say the whole event was one of the highlights of this year! Thanks to all whgo came and made it a fulfilling and enjoyable experience for a young Schmo!

Cheers!