1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yumos Garage

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by smithy658, Nov 15, 2012.

1. smithy658

smithy658 Member

I know its not everyone's cup of tea but has anyone brought or dealt with Yudi Yumos and seen his work seems high quality work for the tools and equipment, they have and wouldn't mind getting one in the future just for the fun of having a splitty ( look alike ) ,
    a couple of Australian splitty limos ( from Yumos) said they love there work and would like to get another one, but i would like to here it from some kombi club members and there experiences before i proceed.
    If anyone can pass on there experiences with them and there work would be great thanks

2. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

.....tick, tick,tick...........it's gonna happen........pm sent. Cheers, Mark

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  3. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

4. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

There is also some heated debate on Yumos here as the car in question is a suspected Yumos jobbie.
    There are further questions on how much of a Yumos Jobbie it was (ie, is it replica or refurb).

5. gazman

gazman Well-Known Member

Is it just the front sheetmetal they change? if so buy a brazilian bay and some splitty panels from Roy and do it yourself. It'll still be fake but at least it wont be made of bog....

6. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Problem is a Brazilian bay does not comply to our ADR's. So they cannot be brought here. So you would have more chance of modifying a German bay window that falls under regs from 2 decades prior than you would a brazillian bay that has the same gear in it but is not worn and would more than likely be a lot safer than a german bay that has aged.
    Thats my guess anyway. Not based on any real facts.

7. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

I know of one brasillian bay going around here on the northern beaches

8. gazman

gazman Well-Known Member

I've never looked into it but I would think it depends on the age of the imported bus ie. it would need to comply with the adr's from the year it was built, making an older brazilian bus easier to rego than a newer built one

9. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

From what my dad found when importing his coach - 1988 appears to be the cut off date before restrictions and ADR's are enforced. before that you are free to import almost anything.

10. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Shame. I would love some of those Brazillian bays kicking about. I actually really like them. They have quite a clean look.

11. steve_4802

steve_4802 Active Member

I think there's a black one kicking around on car point?

12. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Is that the one he claims to be a late 50's model and wants a rediculous price that is getting up into damn nice splitty territory?
    If so it does not look right. I think it is a late fleetliner maybe (70's south african).
    The new bays are water cooled and have a little radiator up front don;t they. Look different to that one anyway.

13. DakDak67

DakDak67 Guest

There is one of Yumo's creations here in Vic which looks the goods. His buses are built to the customers $$ ,so there are good ones and crap ones. He seems to like cutting out the roof for ragtops + cutting bulkheads for walkthroughs and not adding belly pans for structural strength...scary stuff. Here is a pic of the latest creation, i would roll it for sure for $25k ... leave the roof in for me though. P.S, take lots of photos before the ton of bog cracks and falls out.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012