1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Profile Posts

1. Peter Kaye
    Peter Kaye Squidy
    Hi Squidy, I'm a new member currently negotiating to buy a splitty from the States. I know what I want but need some guidance. You live in my area & it would be great to hav a chat. Cheers
  2. Alex Peever
    Alex Peever nils
    Hi Nils,
    I've seen around the forums on various topics that you're the guru to talk to about brake upgrades.
    I've got an 89 syncro that I've just had the rear drums completely redone and I'm not satisfied of the braking capabilities if I had to make an emergency stop Would you be able to help out with an upgrade, I'll take anything, information, a kit, etc.
    I've read T4 disc upgrades are the goods?
    Cheers, Alex
    1. View previous comments...
    2. Alex Peever
      Alex Peever
      Hi Mike,
      I'll get to working on the 312mm rotors, the brake hoses I can make up myself. Do the old rotors for cutting into have to be any year/model. Could I just get some from a 2wd? Thanks Nils!
      Jul 8, 2019
    3. nils
      nils
      I will send you a PM with part numbers and photos in the next day or 2
      Jul 9, 2019
    4. Alex Peever
      Alex Peever
      Thanks Nils! You're a legend and a half
      Jul 9, 2019
  3. HOMEWORK
    HOMEWORK syncro
    Hi Syncro,

I have seen in previous threads that you have a set of 15" rims with original centres. I am planning to do the same. Are you able to share photos of your van?

Cheers
    Bill
    1. syncro
      syncro
      I have posted a photo of wheels in the T3 forum,
      Jul 4, 2019
  4. Mike Marsh
    Mike Marsh
    Need help with my late Mum's South African Syncro
  5. keentogetgoing
    keentogetgoing
    Hi on the road very happy .
  6. Peter Cheney
    Peter Cheney
    I am buying a 1975 VW Kombi this Saturday. What do i need to do to get a Historic number plate?
    1. Wayne murray
      Wayne murray
      You need to be in a car club that is registered to do historical scheme with the RMS . Do you have a car club in your area,in mind talk to them about your requirements.As each club have different requirements.to get historical rego with that car club Where did the car come from (state) and is it registered already .You will need a pink slip if already registered or from NSW.
      Jun 17, 2019
  7. Scott Neilson
    Scott Neilson vwkj87
    G,day, I was reading conversations you had in regards to your Kombi and the heaterboxes in your exhaust etc. I am thinking of flicking mine in the bin and getting a new exhaust as they rattle and there simply is no need for a heater in Brisvegas. How did you get on? cheers Scott.
  8. Jerome
    Jerome
    I would like to change my profile name to Jerome .
  9. Anthony Wall
    Anthony Wall
    4000km in three and a half days in my new 77westy. Successful test drive.
  10. Alpal
    Alpal wombatventures
    Bit slow off the mark but an e copy of Bentley would be much appreciated.
    bendersac@bigpond.com
    1. wombatventures
      wombatventures
      Will do
      May 20, 2019
  11. Ian and Shelley
    Ian and Shelley
    Its Legal - time to explore
  12. Carolyn Sickerdick
    Carolyn Sickerdick David H
    Hi David and Lauren
    Carolyn Sickerdick here, Chris Taylor’s daughter.
    Do you have a private meaaage system I can send you an update on him?
    Much appreciated
    Carolyn
    On behalf of Dad
  13. 85Trakka
    85Trakka
    Just bought a 85 Trakka Campervan. 509ks for $6750. No second gear and some surface rust. No photo yet. Have trouble uploading. Brent.
  14. aircooled
    aircooled
    Registered and on the road as of December 2018. Yay!
  15. PUCH 1HM
    PUCH 1HM nils
    Thanks I'm away til Thursday will send a photo when I get home
    Cheers Bob
  16. PUCH 1HM
    PUCH 1HM nils
    Hi Nils Thanks for the reply I have a Syncro but don't think the roof grab handles are from the Syncro I managed to get one off without it falling to bits I could send it to you if that would help, if so where do I send to .
    Cheers Bob
    1. nils
      nils
      Thinking you may have a traķka or something like that? Have you tried posting a thread i the T3/4 forum here? The blokes here are really knowledgeable on where to find stuff that you may have come up dry yourself. I mention this as it will be cheaper than me making them.
      Throw me photo before you spend your hard earned cash.
      Nils
      Apr 27, 2019
  17. Luckyphil
    Luckyphil
    Way over priced as well
  18. devon
    devon Luckyphil
    Thanks for the reply Phil, much appreciated. Not sure I will go ahead as no log book available
  19. PUCH 1HM
    PUCH 1HM nils
    Hi Nils I see you do 3D printing what i'm looking for is the end covers for the roof grab handles I can't show you a photo because as soon as I touched them the crumbled to power. Are you able to do them or do I keep searching cheers Bob
    1. nils
      nils
      Hi Bob, I have no doubt I can make something pretty close to original. Though without any idea what it looks like or what size it is I can't give you any more info. What kind of bus do you have?

Nils
      Apr 26, 2019
  20. Stew
    Stew douggieboy
    Hi Doug,
    Still on for 10:30 am at the Caltex at Burleigh on the 4th?
    Stewart