1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 Year anniversary

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Roy, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

This year is the Kombi Club's 10 th year in existence.c
    There has been some turbulent times, but the thing that stands out are the members, there has been some characters. Some have been around since just about day one, Some have been and gone, maybe one day they will return to say hi
    There are many new members continuing the comradeship that has been present from the start. The Kombi Club needs that mixture of old and new, young and old, for new ideas and to keep fresh while keeping the old ideals of why this forum was formed.
    Why not share your memories whether old or recent here.
    Heres to the next 10 years
    cheers
    Roy

2. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Roy,

This club is my second home and provides access to parts and advice that would otherwise be difficult to obtain.

Also it helps me feel more "normal" seeing how many other people have this addiction....

Oh and club events liek the Bus Stop are loads of fun too and very well organised.

Miss Rosie and melissa like this.
  3. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Lots of memories Roy, who knew how successful this place would become even with detractors trying their best to put it down.

Thanks for throwing it out there 10 years ago and for putting your dream into reality :):D:cool:.

Miss Rosie and melissa like this.
  4. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Loved being a part of the forum, its usually a mandatory stop every day after the 7.45am ABC news, thanks Roy and all my fellow members, brightens my day here in the nowhere corner of Victoria. :)

melissa likes this.
  5. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

I love this club with a passion and it has been my daily escape for almost 1o years now.

I have meet so many wonderful people through this club and many I consider to be my very good friends. I look forward to catching up with them and meeting new members at the events. I feel like a little kid going to their first Birthday party each time with sheer joy, excitement and a few sleepless nights leading up to it.

I sit behind the wheel of a kombi and I'm happy. It means so much more to me than the car itself.

Thank you Roy, not everyone has had the pleasure of meeting you but I'm sure they agree what you have done by creating Kombi Club is just amazing.

Miss Rosie, Ninga, Squidy and 2 others like this.
  6. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Happy 10th Anniversary Roy, as Lorraine said without you it wouldn't have been possible. I count Kombi club members amongst my closest friends. I thank the day that I decided to buy a kombi, maybe not so many thou :):):):)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    Ninga, ruby6689 and melissa like this.
  7. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

A massive thanks to you Roy for starting this forum. We are like a family and I have enjoyed meeting so many lovely members and made some great friends that I look forward to catching up with as often as I can. That first Bus Stop will never be forgotten - actually none of them will be - but without your influence and sponsorship of this place, we would not keep coming back for more. :)

Ninga, ruby6689 and mish13 like this.
  8. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Huge foresight Roy 10 years ago! We need a big Kombi shaped cake, with 10 candles on it! :)

As I'm just a "newbie", with only 8 years of inane posts on this great forum, you can all blame Melissa, for steering me towards this addictive place, all those years ago....:p

9. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I usually get the blame for most things anyway... haha

ruby6689 likes this.
  10. robmich

robmich Active Member

im still a newbie joined about 5 years ago,log in every day,part of my life,thanks Roy
    Rob

ruby6689 likes this.
  11. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Well done Roy for starting this addiction, love it, I'm coming up 9 years living in here.

ruby6689 likes this.
  12. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Many thanks for your continued efforts Roy…
    Lots of folks don't really understand, or even know, the expense involved in keeping something like KC running.
    Brilliant site, brilliant service…..thanks.
    Cheers,
    Mark

Ninga and ruby6689 like this.
  13. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Roy. Re-invigorated my Kombi passion when I discovered KC. And thanks for the Easter Bus Stop gathering.
    You da man!!!

Bennyharp, Ninga and ruby6689 like this.
  14. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Great achievement Roy. Oh great creator.

Pretty simple formula in the end.
    Take a piece of engineering beauty.
    Add a bunch of freaks.
    Job done

Bennyharp, KombiMadness and Ninga like this.
  15. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Continuing the Thanks Roy, I have been around for 7 years here, and have just clicked up 2000 posts. It just goes to prove that you get enough like minded people from all over the country together they can become like a family. As a direct result of your work I have been many places and met people that I can honestly say I would never have found on my own. The amazing Busstop event phenomenon brings together so many people from around the country, people with mechanical knowledge, people who love cars, families who love camping and others who have communicated through this forum, and puts them together. It rounds out the only disadvantage of the text based communication, the emotion. Together they make it complete, with you as the reason it has happened.

Well done.

Adrian

Ninga likes this.
  16. Kombi Kapers

Kombi Kapers Active Member

Thanks Roy,
    Been a KC member for 6+ years. I've really enjoyed meeting so many of the members, all with such diverse backgrounds but with a common interest. Many of these members have become dear friends and the events have become an integral part of my social life. I always say to outsiders that KC is more a family than a club. May it continue to flourish and encourage new members to come onboard and share the Kombi spirit.
    John

melissa and Ninga like this.
  17. Serious85

Serious85 Active Member

This club wasnt around when I had my first kombi. I wish that it had been, life would have been much easier. I'm thankful that it is now, and hopefully for many years to come.

melissa and Ninga like this.
  18. Ninga

Ninga Well-Known Member

I look forward to meeting you one day Roy and shaking your hand.

Our little family are indeed newbies to KC having only been involved for a few years but in that short time our lives have been brought so much joy thanks to this vibrant, helpful, incredibly knowledgeable and such diverse group of people we are so grateful for.

After attending our first bus stop last year and still raving about it almost 12 months later, we find it hard to imagine missing any future bus stops (this one to be the biggest test with an 8 week old baby)! The warmth we received from fellow KC'ers was overwhelming, so much so that we feel we have even adopted new family members.

We consider ourselves such beginners when it comes to the Kombi world but the help and advice given from these clever members means we can keep our old girl cruising, especially to KC gatherings! I'm almost certain most members feel the same indescribable happiness kombi's bring (even with the frustration and tears of a break down).
    Our dear old 'Vera' and KC brings my family and I a lot of joy and so, Roy, for creating a forum and an event that provides helpful advice and a bloody good giggle and to those who keep it running, a sincere thank you!!

Happy 10th birthday Kombi Club!

Chrissy, Paul, Gracie and Joseph

melissa likes this.
  19. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Its probably time the Kombiclub recognised the significant number of T3 driving members and also include a T3 in any promo pics and not just the Split & Bay. Would be a really nice thing to do on the 10th anniversary :)

20. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Took time to get a Bay recognised and agree with you Phil.