1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15 or 16'' Sunraysia's for Baywindow?

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by gazman, Dec 31, 2020.

1. gazman

gazman Well-Known Member

Looking to get some 15 or 16 inch rims for the lowlight, just steelies - sunraysia's would be ideal as they are relatively cheap and durable. Does anyone know where I can get them in 112x5?
    I dont really want to mess around with 2nd hand Merc/Audi etc rims. I could get 16'' Syncro rims from VWheritage, but they are pricey...

2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Sunraysia's in 112x5 to suit a VW Kombi can't be purchased new off the shelf these days. No wheel makers in OZ do them and not interested as don't see a market in them ..... if only they knew :oops:
    2nd hand ones turn up occasionally as do 16" Syncro Rims but you have to be quick to grab them ;).

3. gazman

gazman Well-Known Member

I thought they could be custom ordered/made to suit, but I couldn't find anyone that does it... The 16'' syncro rims are about $150ea new, might have to get some.

4. KahunaKombi

5. KahunaKombi

6. gazman

gazman Well-Known Member

Thanks Bert, some good leads there - I had looked at Dynamic Wheels but they dont list anything in 5x112. I would normally ask the tyre shop guys next door, but I'm on holidays for a couple of weeks :cool:. BCI say they do custom rims so might be worth a call.
    I wonder if sunraysia's can be redrilled?

7. KahunaKombi

If they can do rim size and off set then don't see why the 5 x 112 would be that hard - I got mags for a T3 some years back and they were "blanks" so got the 5 x 112 drilled :) .... just a shame they forgot to adjust the ET :mad:

8. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Is it possible adjust the ET of a wheel? I thought they were all made to an ET that is usually stamped on the wheel, so one of the things to look for when buying wheels to be sure they suit the vehicle they are going on?

Or did you mean add spacers, (grey area about legality), to change the position of the wheel, effectively changing the ET?

9. KahunaKombi

Yes they are all made with an ET, however, with the ones I chose for the T3 Caravelle it was what that factory decided to make it so was larger (and no bolt/stud holes had been drilled thus blanks) and thus had to be changed by shaving the centre hub down thus increasing the ET so it would sit under the guard ..... adding spacers would decrease the ET and position it outward of the guard.

10. Voltwagen

Voltwagen Member

11. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member