1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by HIP13, Jan 1, 2006.

1. HIP13

HIP13 Member

im wondering how much a 1600 from a 66 split....i think its a 1600......anyways not seised up or anything all openings have been blocked with gauze and was assured it starts. i havnt had a go at starting it up yet assuming it does, how much do they go for. i no longer want it seeing asa i have another engine lined up for me.

Cheers
    Luke

2. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

Originally they came with either a 1200 or a 1500 single port, no splits came standard with a 1600.
    If the serial number starts with a "H" its a 1500, it could be a 1500 without the "H" as some just had numbers.
    If its a twin port it could be a 1300 or 1600 and might be out of a beetle or a bay.

As for cost, its the same old story, its worth as much as someone is willing to pay.
    I bought a whole split 2 days ago with an original 1500 engine for $100, 4 months ago I bought a 1600 bay , driving for $500.
    I guess the engine price depends on what size it is, more people want twin port 1600 so they are worth more.

Dave

3. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

If its decent you may get $400 for it, if someone wants one.
    Have it tested then you know at least if it is decent.

4. HIP13

HIP13 Member

awsome ill go have a look tomorow. its only in the garage but im sunburnt and need sleep. so its too far for me right now. its only 4 30...so sad. but yeah, i have been meaning to get it tested but im at redcliffe and i was meaning to get it to volks world..just havnt had the time.

cheers
    Luke