1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1916 Engine

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Deanopross, May 6, 2017.

1. Deanopross

Deanopross New Member

Hi Crew,

looking for a 1916 for my 67 renno, rebuilt & in good condition. Would of preferred a new donk but simply don't have budget to drop on it.

Other option is to import new engine from the states, can anyone recommend an engine builder in the USA for the job. Have see turnkey 1916 cc between USD$4 to $4.5k. Shipping not an issue due to work connections.

Cheers & thanks

Deano

2. shelbyright

shelbyright Member

I did see neq turnkey engines on Gumtree from WA. They were close to your budget.

3. kombiwhisperer

kombiwhisperer Member

What state of tune, exhaust carby you after, can give you price----with warranty---have stock

Geoff 0407968021

Maxa1967 likes this.
  4. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Be very careful importing engines.....very little recourse if fitted "incorrectly".....usually the supplier's "out"...... also very hard to know exactly what innards it will have....what is sold, quite often is not what is inside when torn down. Know a few that have gone down this track......buy from someone in Oz. , at least you have a better chance of service should something go wrong.
    Hard to beat Mike at CBB or Stan Pobjoy for quality, reliable builds.
    Always get a recommendation from someone that is running an engine from a supplier.
    My experience is with CBB. After 6 years, the 2 ltr is regularly returning 10.6 ltr s per 100 k as a daily....sometimes more when fully loaded, it's a camper, often less unladen on a highway run.
    Buy once, cry once.......
    Cheers,
    Mark

5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Good advice from Mark ...... there is also the warranty aspect if it is a fresh rebuild - easier to deal with someone in Australia than overseas ;)

6. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

Two of my mates are running geoffs engines in there splitscreen wedding cars in sydney. Very happy with his engines.
    Ive got a 1776 one of his engines sitting on the shelf waiting on my 62 splitscreen to be finished one day...heee

Syncro27 likes this.