1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1974 Bay window original fridge

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by mish13, Jan 28, 2020.

1. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Is anyone in the KC got an original Electrolux Ram 24 fridge in their 74 Kombi?

What I need is the AHA ( Australian Gas Association) approval number, which would have been supplied originally.
    We have all the original paperwork, but it doesn’t show the above. This number is stopping us from getting an updated gas certificate.

Any help would be appreciated.

‘Or know any gas certifiers on the Gold Coast, that will approve it without that number. We didn’t need it last time we got a gas certificate.

2. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Best I can do for you mish. If you need a better image to 'print & stick in your gas box PM me'. This one from a 76 Sopru with an original Electrolux fridge. IMG_0898.jpg2.jpg
    Had to get done as a retro thing for NSW continuous rego. See the date on plate compared to a 76 rego. 12.1.xx rego so was done to reregister.
    Cheers

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    KahunaKombi and Aspudis like this.
  3. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Your a legion, I will send this through to the gas certified, to see if it’s enough. Much appreciated

4. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

I have been told this is not what they are after, I am stumped

5. David H

David H Well-Known Member

I'm a bit stumped also as the plate on mine shows appliances 1 & 2 which is the stove & Electrolux fridge. It's going to be nigh impossible to find something from Electrolux that says it was okay for a bus back then.
    So this must be for the original fridge whether in a bus or not. Go figure. I've had 3 buses (all 76) & never had an approval number supplied in any paperwork (had the grey plastic folder for all).
    It sounds like you need to find a friendlier approval person.
    Good Luck

6. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Is there a number on the actual fridge?

7. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

I am thinking that, except it cost us $135 every time someone comes out and knocks it back. I was hoping someone here on the GC had used someone before.

8. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Barry its an Electrolux Ram 24,B
    Serial number 9282575
    Purchase date 29/11/1974
    Dealers name Lanbrock Motors south coast
    Campbell street, Wollongong nsw

David H likes this.
  9. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

I am move thinking there is another “ AHA approval” sticker on the fridge somewhere.

Something that the AHA approves your device ready for installation.

David’s sticker relates to the installation - not the device.

Your numbers relate to the manufacture build.

Maybe David can easily pull his fridge and have another look on the fridge itself.

10. rstucke

rstucke Well-Known Member

I think it is AGA (not AHA) they has done the certification of appliances since the sixtys.
    call them (03 95804500)
    Give them make and serial numbers and tell them your story, see what happens.
    My understanding is that blue slip people with gas certification only inspect the installation given that all Electrolux stuff was certified unless it was a grey import.
    or is that the problem?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    tintop likes this.
  11. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

We did call on Friday and they said its a no it’s not certified, so now we are going to ring the qld division on Monday. And your right it is AGA