1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 Narooma Bus Stop Wrap up

Discussion in 'Kombi Club Bus Stop 2011' started by melissa, Apr 26, 2011.

1. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

I'm baccccck :)
    We pulled into the driveway at about 12.15 today (Wednesday) so its been a " interesting" week.

The trip down was great & the company was fun & the weather stayed good for us...all planned out well...
    Meeting everyone along the way was awesome...even meeting Mike from sandy feet ...thanks for opening your shop for us....nice to finally meet you.
    Our cabin was just great (sorry to hear others were not so lucky with there's) weather was so good while we were at narooma....except for the night of rain when we wanted to party on the beach...spoilt that idea :umm: )
    Overall another fun "Bus Stop" ...& the Fancy dress...bloody awesome!!!
    Thanks to you all I had a wonderful time (again)
    & am currently loading up all the nearly 450 pics I took...so give me time & I will post them all up for you to see...
    Thanks for another KC awesome holiday ....:heart:

2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

So sorry Bernie! I knew there was something I missed!

Bernie won the award for his "Mine is bigger than yours" for his remote control kombi. It was a shame that no one else entered a remote control kombi to match the size of his - it knocked down the finish line, rolled over the top of Alpal's tiny one and caused chaos! LOL
    Hopefully next year someone else will have a larger one to race with him.

3. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

ahhh... Chaos Mayhem and destruction!

My work here is done :eek:

WOuld you belive on the way Home I started to feel a bit off colour and have been as sick as dog since - I must be haveing withdrawl symptoms :eek:

4. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Kruizin North toward Nimben. Overnight at the Royal National Park below Sydney and motored up to Newcastle to terrorise the grand daughter! Its so wet in NSW!! Looking to getting back to sunny Melbourne in a few weeks!
    As voiced by lots:
    Thanks to Mellisa for organising Narooma. We had a ball.
    AND
    Thanks to Roy and the Bus Stop for his ongoing support of the Kombiclub.

5. Nashies

Nashies New Member

We know exactly what you mean... we're not jealous either.... much! :rolleyes:

6. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Well we just got home from Narooma and the last few days the park was like a ghost town.
    A BIG thank you to Mel for another great Bus Stop had a Ball, it was great to see some old faces and to meet some new ones as well.
    Allready looking forward to Melbourne :cool:
    [and to Moe the fish where YUMMY thanks mate]

7. beerdoc

beerdoc Active Member

Yes a big THanks to Mel for her organisation of bus stop and her crocs ha ha

To make an event work you need to have people turn up, BUT for that event to be a success you need a great bunch of people and Thank you for all turning up and making Our easter Special

8. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Not much I can add to the above posts and yes, I've only just now gotten to this thread. Home late Thursday evening and a full day yesterday, so I'm a little behind in congratulating Melissa for her extraordinary contribution to the running of Bus Stop 2011.

I wouldn't be alone in feeling a great sense of relief when Melissa bowed to group pressure and agreed to organise the 2012 event, but I really don't think she had her arm twisted too much. It's obvious Melissa has a great time in gathering the hoards and making it such a special occasion for all of us who can get the time off work and the funds together to make this memorable event.

Thanks to those people who partied with us and who shared their experiences and tall stories and an extra big thanks to Roy for allowing us to come together in cyber-space and providing the ongoing means to do so. As Melissa said, without Roy none of this would have happened.

So many others I could thank, but perhaps another thank-you is in order and goes to Doc for sniffing out another great pizza place in Jindabyne after I'd already left the place and missed out altogether:umm: Hope you saved me a piece Doc???

I can only hope that Victoria turns on a great dry and sunny welcome for the people who make the trek to Bus Stop 2012:D

9. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

What a great time we had. Cant wait to do it again next year.

We might just take the syncro down next year - the fuel bill for 2 kombis is crazy.

At least we didnt break down in our travels. Jay - maybe Neen was a bit angry with you for bringing your newly aquired girlfiend to the night out and why she kicked the fuse panel out?

Great to meet everyone we could. We couldnt leave out 3 & 7 year olds to fend for themselves while going down the beach with all the oher pyromaniacs for the bon fire. But we had a great time anyway. Allanah made a great friend in Annabelle (who was our camping next door neighbour) and its a shame they didnt realise they were next to eachother earlier. Sienna loved the attention and being carried around by Annabelle too.

See you all soon.

Cheers,

10. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Annabelle was sad to see everyone go too. She says to say hello to the girls. Love the poi.

We arrived home home yesterday after a bit under 3000km from Narooma via Sale to Canberra, then down the Hume to Albury, Yackandandah (beautiful town that Superkazz lives in and explained its location to me a few months ago) and back to Melbourne and Ikea. Loaded up at Ikea for us and some friends and back on the boat on Saturday night, then 3 hours more to home.

Thanks to everyone for a great time, especially Necro for donating the prize for the costume, John Doherty for giving the joint prize to my wife, and Tam for giving it to Milly. She is much nicer to drive with the leather cover on the wheel. She completed the whole trip with out one hitch, brought us home safe. What more can you ask from them.

Adrian

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  11. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Gald to hear you got home safe and sound Modred and family. You were great company and thanks for the use of the battery charger for my camera. I got many memorable pics as a result.

I should also say a big thanks to Diana who supplied quite a few stickers which were given out towards the end of Bus Stop 2011. I haven't yet washed the van, but will do so soon and find a loving position for Diana's stickers.

12. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Thanks to:
    Melissa for organising
    Roy for the backend support
    Adrian (and fam) for sorting out my accelerator cable (and Melissa for supplying it)
    Vic convoy for company and good times and patience with my repair stop
    Aime and Cat for keeping me laughing most of the weekend. Doherty, same.
    Woz and Al for just being effin' troopers and the best dog-parents south of the North Pole
    the Stig
    Alpal for putting on the races
    Scott for putting on a good beach show
    Jonno for looking after my yirdaki for 2 solid years. Now there's a top fella if ever there was one.
    Jodie's nose for reminding everyone where the garden bed next to Doc's camp was
    Everyone else for being super company. I didn't get a chance to talk to everyone but it was good to see old and new faces both.

Meanwhile, I just got bogged and twisted up some sills so I've give myself something to do while I wait for qantas which is a good thing since I cant make my flight earlier because qantas are such EPIC mofos - grrrrr.

Just repeating: Dingo's B&B is open for business in Bangkok. Rates are 0THB pp per day. Pool is an extra 50% loading on top of that.

ding

13. Sam 2 can

Sam 2 can Member

Wooo ,we feel giddy
    Margy and I,
    Departed Narooma headed for Cooma ,Jindabyne ,Threbo Village,Khancoban,camped at Victoria Falls then to Corryong Tallangatta, stayed with relies in Myrtleford then on to Bright Mt Hotham Heights Omeo Bruthen, Bairnsdale Sale ,camped at Seaspray . Headed to Wonthaggi and stayed over with Friends.
    Next day to Morwell to check out a kombi camper in a car yard we spotted on the way to Narooma [not for sale yet ] then on to Drouin ,Noojee visit the big tressle bridge and the fern trees , then to Yarra Junction ,Yea,Seymour,Heathcote and Home on 30/04/2011

What a trip , Clementine did not miss a beat 2576 Ks.

Thanks everyone for your company
    Thanks to Mellisa and Roy for making the Bus Stop possible.

14. Justin

Justin Active Member

always a (BIG) sigh of relief when you pull into the driveway after a long trip and had trouble free motoring :D

15. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Are you going to buy her one? :D

16. saabman

Im pretty sure she REALY liked that red and white one Kai - you know the automatic one with the fixed bed in the back ;)

17. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Does everyone know, or what? Lol. Or did you "already know" too?

18. Alpal

Perhaps Jo can turn things on!

19. saabman

Am I missing something here or are you reffering to knowing how slow you bus goes with its automatic gear box :rolleyes: :lol:

20. Alpal

From Narooma headed North to Nimben as others did. After that my navigator got side tracked and a right turn at Tenterfield found us in Queensland!. Nice National Park then followed the long way back to a family visit in Newcastle via Barrington Tops. A week here then back to sunny warm Melbourne!