1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 Bus Stop in Tassie

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Mordred, Jun 9, 2012.

?

Would you go to Bus Stop 2014 in Tassie?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    86.4%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Is Tassie still part of Straya?

2. jamiec

jamiec Active Member

Yep where still here we have not floated away yet. Have been told that Tas gets closer to the mainland about 2 inch's every year might have to try and stop that happening:lol:

3. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes col, sensitive Tasmanian's is right. Been to some really nice places, but I am still living here as although it isn't gloriously hot or stupidly cold or busy and crowded, I have some of the most beautiful and varied scenery with in hours of my front door. I can go to beaches that a handful of people have visited in the past week, and still get to work in 20 mins across the busiest part of town. I can go fishing in the sea for free. I don't have to get my cars inspected every year. I can afford a 28 square house 10 mins from the city centre. Why would I live any where else. It isn't for everyone, but i suits me just fine.
    Adrian

4. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

I would love to do both.

But with my current predicaments in life such as kids, wife, house issues, mortage, own business with clients that dont wait and three bloody VW's to maintain I cant see myself being able to get away for more than 10 days max. I even struggle to do that over Christmas when the building industry shuts down. Maybe when I retire!

5. gazman

gazman Well-Known Member

Sorry Taswegians, I cant swim that far :p
    Nah I loved Tassy, spent a lot of time in Launceston and travelling the countryside etc, but I voted for Perth because ultimately.... it only takes me 30mins to get there :cool:

6. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Yeah. I like all of the above . Especialy when the parasite polies up here are hell bent on 'development and higher population'
    but cant take 11 month winters :(

cheers
    col

7. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

Trouble with the ferry service is that it's easy to get here, harder to get back. Also space is very limited for vehicles over 2.1m high (I think most campers would fall in this category). As much as I'd love a Bus Stop in Tassie, I can't see it as a reality.

8. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

Most campers with standard suspension and the sopru or sunliner top with out a roof rack are under 2.1M. Have taken both of these types on the boat with no problem. Also when you line up you seem to be put in the higher area as a default. The guys just look at your size and send you where they think you will go.

I have been asked many times to try to get a bus stop down here, but I have always said to do it justice and to make it worthwhile the format would have to be different. Staying in one place for 4 to 5 days after spending that sort of dough to get there is not good value. A couple of days in a lot of places would be best and it is only a few hours traveling each day.

As for 11 months winter, rather that (not that it is more than 3 months of winter that is really cold) than sweating my ass off most of the time, fighting cyclones and torrential rain, having my house flooded every few years and fighting major fires others. At least I can put on a jumper and the problem is fixed. You have your paradise and I have mine.

Adrian

9. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

Even my T3 camper that is sitting at the height of a Syncro and has 15"Merc rims (tyres are not low profile) still fits under 2.1m. In fact my shed door is 2.1m high. I probably clear that by about 10cm hence I always look for a minimum of 2.1m clearance for shops etc.

Ian

10. Hippy-71

Hippy-71 New Member

I'm with Dingo...great surf and diving in either, Tassie being even less crowded plus might even get to find my son whilst there !

11. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Just thinkin' the great thing about KC is the people. I don't need an event. I know very well I would be welcomed in a few back yards - and if you are able to drive to Bangkok, same goes for you! Though, I don't have a back yard. But I do have a waterslide. Might make a little bus stop of my own soon enough. For sure tassie is high on my non-bus-stop bus-stop list!