1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

62 split project

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by baykruzer, Feb 20, 2009.

1. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

Glen, awesome work on trimming the door cards and great idea for the ipod dock..... might have to try that myself.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - your bus is one of my favourites in Australia! :heart:

2. baykruzer

baykruzer Member

Thanks for the kind words kombimadness

Only a couple of days short of my mid to late 30's birthday, I've thrown on the plates that my family grabbed me.
    So pumped with them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

Looking good Glen, love it, the year I was born, I had to settle for a 63 bus but it was on the production line the same time I was.

4. Roo

Roo Active Member

Inspirational Glen. I'll keep coming back to this thread when I do mine, to get hints and tips on how to do a Split properly!

Cheers
    Roo

5. baykruzer

baykruzer Member

Hi all it's been a while but i Have been tinkering on this for a few weeks, it's nothing special just a stocko TP1600. Hopefully get it in and running during the week and then I can get cracking on rebuilding a new gearbox aswell as rebuilding and flipping my front spindals.

[​IMG]

6. peace_fam

peace_fam Member

That is sooooo clever!:)

7. baykruzer

baykruzer Member

A good days work

Out with the small nuts

[​IMG]

And in with the big nuts.

[​IMG]

8. Resol

Resol Active Member

Looking good M8, hows that 1600TP going?

9. baykruzer

baykruzer Member

My late birthday present has finally showed up. Super pumped with how it turned out on the canvas.
    I took this shot of my bus at burleigh heads before heading out for a few log rides
    Size 1000 x 750

[​IMG]

10. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

A fitting pic of your bus....frickn' awesome shot. Cheers, Mark

11. baykruzer

baykruzer Member

Thanks mark, I love that it involves everything I love - my bus, surfing, the gold coast and the fact I took the shot on my phone.

12. baykruzer

baykruzer Member

Thanks longrasser

Took my kids for a drive to my mums at redcliffe yesterday which is about 1.5 hrs drive, Bus ran great up the Hwy but gradually got noisier on the passenger front wheel. Thought I may need to replace the wheel bearing. But on inspection I had a much bigger more dangerous problem.

[​IMG]

Some how the locking tab has striped and my wheel has just about fallen off
    Very lucky.

Tightened every thing up for the return trip and had a couple of check ups on the drive home.

This morning I pulled the wheel of to check the bearing, the outside is ok but the inside is rooted.

[​IMG].

13. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

THAT was lucky.....Cheers, Mark

14. carl hungus

carl hungus New Member

Read your resto thread from start to finish in one sitting, great reading and what a fantastic job. Your lads are going to have some great memories in that van.

15. baykruzer

baykruzer Member

[​IMG]

Been cruisin around the coast loving life in my bus without issue for a while now. But have had to adjust my clutch a couple of times in the last few weeks. This arvo with a crunch and a pedal to the floor I found out why.

[​IMG]

16. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

Nasty one Glen, now stop biting those finger nails :p

17. baykruzer

baykruzer Member

bus has been running great.
    have just ordered a new set of shocks to replace the 50yr old ones that are on there at the moment. thinking the ride may be a whole lot nicer once the swap is made.
    also just replaced my atlas white wall inserts, got more than 14 months of daily driving out of the first set. really happy with them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Glen I had a set from the bus stop on mine and got them fitted at Goodyear Auto care at Labrador. They caused nothing but problems so I ended up taking them off.
    By the way i get to see your bus quite a bit, I look after a couple about five doors from your place.They even have the roof people you used working on their place next week.( Great spot by the way)

19. baykruzer

baykruzer Member

Hi michelle, the guys that fitted both sets of mine are Gas wheels at mermaid beach, they said that mine have been the easiest set they have fitted. They also said that they've turned people away because they couldn't get the inserts to stay seated. So I'm just lucky I guess

The roofers said they picked up a job just around the corner. They are good worker and we are very happy with the finished product.

We love our little piece of paradise, it's a great spot for the kids to grow up

Cheers glen

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  20. baykruzer

baykruzer Member

My wife drove her friend to her wedding a couple of weeks ago.
    She loves driving the bus almost as much as me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]