1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

73 Kombi rebirth-aka-Welcome Trinity

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by 73 Kombi, Jun 3, 2017.

1. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Pressure on:oops:. Look forward to the post at months end;). So what's left to do aside from door cards?
    Cheers

2. Campervanstu

Campervanstu Active Member

It’s really coming together now. I didn’t see it in the previous posts but what is the official name of the blue colour you chose?

3. 73 Kombi

73 Kombi Member

6BE18F19-246E-4034-8151-60C8317793EA.jpeg 06EE3503-7BE1-4A73-944A-4460EAE29376.jpeg Ok, that was not 2 weeks.. the words did come back to bite me.
    Seat belts and door cards, wiring problems and fine tuning took longer than expected.
    But she is (for all intensive purposes) Finished.
    Registered now we finally stretched her legs, and she went fine.
    Looks like she will need a steer box in the near future though... to quote Leon, she does drive like a boat, but we are on the road.
    Looking back at the photos, I realised I may missed a few milestones, if you want I can take some photos if anyone wants, or if in Brisbane come down to Wynnum/Manly on Sunday (9th September), will be at the VW Drivers Club, action day at Band Stand Park, lower esplanade ...
    Now to change my profile pic...

4. 73 Kombi

73 Kombi Member

Sorry, I missed your post.. the colour is a made up one, I wanted a sea foam, just with a little more blue.. I guess it’s turquoise....

5. Campervanstu

Campervanstu Active Member

Thanks 73 Kombi. Hoping to go a similar colour when mine is rust free. Great work on completing so far, reading other people progress helps with my own motivation

6. 73 Kombi

73 Kombi Member

No problem Campervanstu, the colour is greener in real life, stands out when you hold up a blue thing next to it. I was aiming for the Color of the surf... that was the idea anyway..

7. Cameron Upcroft

Cameron Upcroft New Member

Love the look and the journey through the pics. This gives me a ton of hope!