1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

75 Auto Camper

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by jtkombi, May 27, 2015.

1. jtkombi

jtkombi Active Member

20181014_191008.jpg
    Front cab all cleaned up

Miss Rosie and Syncro27 like this.
  2. jtkombi

jtkombi Active Member

Next onto the back where we put in dynamat on the larger panels to reduce some of the outside road noise, however we can hear more of the internal noise from the kids :eek:o_O . Not sure which is the better option :rolleyes:. We then covered any of the Dynamat with a sound and thermal insulation from clark rubber. Not sure how well it'll work but anything has to be better

20180922_152942.jpg 20180922_160727.jpg 20181012_134825.jpg

Syncro27 likes this.
  3. jtkombi

jtkombi Active Member

For installing the interior trim, I used all new clips and rubber grommets as the old cards had been screwed into place. Bloody fiddly process to get all the clips to line up but started at a corner and methodically lined them up and clipped in as I went down the line. A flat screwdriver helped push the clips into place to line up with the holes. I also used a tiny bit of silicon spray on the holes before pushing the rubber grommets in. Seemed to help especially if you use a screwing in motion. Also sprayed some silicon on a rag and ran it around the edge of the rubber to reduce friction when pushing the clips in. Seemed to work better than "dry" and helped if I had to pull them back out if the cards weren't lining up and had to be readjusted. I had about 6 original clips they were a lot better fit and stronger than the repo ones. They repo clips were more likely to break if I didn't use the silicon.

20181012_144927.jpg

We had to screw on the cards for the back. I was a extremely happy to find that Dave from Volkstrim had already only marked where the screw holes go. Happy days

20181012_162909.jpg

20181012_162913.jpg

4. jtkombi

jtkombi Active Member

We had Dave sew some pockets into the cards next to the back seat too, so that the kids had somewhere to put books and bits.

20181020_125544.jpg

Syncro27, OSF, David H and 2 others like this.
  5. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Not like what I did when I was a kid,Dropping my pencils down the side of the seat.:eek: I use to also but my lollies wrappers down there too:eek::D

Poptop likes this.
  6. 76kampa

76kampa Active Member

Oh my this van is so nice, and no rust :eek: makes mine look like a rusty heap of.....

7. Campervanstu

Campervanstu Active Member

Great looking Bus. Love the colour choice and interior is mint. Can’t wait to see the finished article.

8. jtkombi

jtkombi Active Member

Thanks Wayne, I think you just saved me some heartache. We'll need a bin bag and a no texta policy. Hate to imagine a no lid texta stored in there

9. jtkombi

jtkombi Active Member

Thanks, we're very happy with how it's coming along

10. jtkombi

jtkombi Active Member

Thanks, Dave at Volkstrim has done an awesome job of the interior. Can't recommend him enough. Not long to go now just deciding on flooring and then work out plans for removable storage solutions

11. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Apple cores, banana skins, half sucked lollies.

Might need a "no kids" policy ;)

Those ashtrays that use to be in the back were my kids storage bins

12. jtkombi

jtkombi Active Member

I've been working on that for years :D but they always seem to find their way home :p;)

Barry likes this.
  13. jtkombi

jtkombi Active Member

Rear seat in and ready for use. Running speakers to the kick panel as well to give us a few more tunes. For the time being we haven't used the Dynamat for the rear floor. The black foam (that the drill is sitting on) i used to line the underneath side of the rear seat, still have to do the wheel arches though. I wanted to cover the Dynamat so it looks better and should help absorb rattles from stuff stored under the back seat

20181014_191029.jpg

I got hold of some rubber/cork under floor insulation that I've used to line the rear area to act as a bit of sound deadender for the ply floor base. Not sure how it'll go but should be worth a try. If it doesn't work, I've still got a few sheets of dynamat I can use
    20181019_115959.jpg

20181019_120055.jpg

Wayne murray, David H and Barry like this.
  14. jtkombi

jtkombi Active Member

Floor and kick panel in with speakers :) . We were originally going to run the floor covering up the kick panel like we had last time but once it was in, we think that it'd look better to get hold of some more of the cream vinyl and cover it with that. That way it'll line up with the side cards.

20181020_130413.jpg

Added some hinges to the kick panel to give us access to underneath if the kids are sitting on the back seat, held in place at the top with magnets. I want to get one of those door handles that they use is caravans to click it shut so it doesn't spring open accidentally

20181020_130338.jpg 20181020_130355.jpg

Wayne murray, David H and Barry like this.
  15. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

^^^^^ gotta do that to my T3.
    There is a heap of storage space there I don’t presently use

16. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

I'll agree it would look better in cream the panel across the seat. I did my seat but only the middle section and the two speaker sections I left blanked off .You have to lift it up to access behind the speakers. I do like the idea of the hole thing coming down. I don't like dynamat stuck to the floor ,if you get any moisture from your feet you can't dry it or see any rust .Where underlay of some sort is quickly removed and any issues can be sorted

17. jtkombi

jtkombi Active Member

That was our thoughts too, once the Dynamat is down there is little chance of seeing whats hiding under it.

18. jtkombi

jtkombi Active Member

What are people thoughts of this style of laminate tile? We're wanting something that's easy to sweep clean, so no carpet, but works with the rest of it. We've got the black carpet in the front so thinking something darkish to tie in. We tried a grey slighter darker than the fabric but looked to light in comparison to the rest. Also the pop top canvas is a darker grey

20181027_163425.jpg 20181027_163444.jpg 20181027_163448.jpg

19. Campervanstu

Campervanstu Active Member

Looks good, my only question would be just like a black car, would dirt show up easier on tha colour. You may be better with a lighter shade so your not cleaning the floor at every stop. Just my 2 cents :)

20. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Agree. I'd probably go with some light grey that matches the mid colour of side panels but my kids call me Mr Beige:p.
    Cheers