1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

75 Auto Camper

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by jtkombi, May 27, 2015.

1. jtkombi

jtkombi Active Member

Sounds like the lighter grey is the way to go. Whilst we work on sorting that out, we took the old girl for a local club run last week. We missed the starting time and had to play catch up on the highway. I was well impressed with our first decent run in her, I think she was happy to have the wind in her hair again. Was able to get up to 110k's easily with a bit more in her if we wanted and kept up with the modern cars. Handled like a dream and caught the club run within about 20 mins. The only issue we had was we threw a hubcap but found it on the way back home

Parked up sans hubcap
    20181021_102138.jpg

Treasure hunt and photo op
    20181021_111657.jpg

David H and Wayne murray like this.
  2. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Good to hear that everything is running well:). You are lucky to find hubcap again I've seen a few go by and never to be seen again :eek:or they get clean up by passing traffic:eek:

3. jtkombi

jtkombi Active Member

Took about 10 mins of a man look for me and about 2 mins for Theresa to spot it safely sitting in a paddock. Luckily we had the window down and I heard it come off so knew roughly where it was. Always good to try and find them, especially seeing they are originals, better than the repo ones apparently.
    I've got a spare one at home too, just in case. It was a good reminder to check the wheel nuts as well :)

4. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Definitely better chrome than the cheap replacements.
    (Genuine vw brasil ? )

5. jtkombi

jtkombi Active Member

Not sure but they seem old and polish up nice. Here's my spare one as reference. Glad we found it though, just looked up the prices, the cheap ones are $50 plus

20181107_190839.jpg

6. jtkombi

jtkombi Active Member

So we've sourced a lighter grey vinyl flooring. I wasn't too convinced of it to begin with but I think it fits in well now with the overall look.

20181103_123809.jpg

Until I can get hold of a piece of the creamy vinyl on the cards I used some of the excess to run up the kick panel to finish it off for now.

20181103_163559.jpg

And a floor mat that we picked up cheap from Ishka that we'll use as an outdoor carpet

20181103_163719.jpg

7. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Lack of rust would make that an original one